Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:16 PM

273 posts, read 533,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
THANK YOU.

Good lord, some of you are THICK.
I don't think they are THICK, I just feel a lot of people(mostly women atleast on this forum going by their replies) don't want to accept this as being real, for reasons best known to them. May be because they don't want to be seen as extremely superficial or something like that, I don't know.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM

620 posts, read 1,302,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
He is misleading them but then again he's just doing a social experimentation trying to validate his hypothesis. The hypothesis is that if a man has the looks and money to throw around his personality, charm, wit, humor, class etc etc take a backseat and are often not even important. So anyone that says that they are looking for a decent, honest, witty, charming man online don't really mean it, they are just trying to look for the next hot body to sleep around with. That's what the OP has been trying to prove.
He failed to prove that anyone who posts that is looking for an easy lay. He only proved that there were one or two women who were looking for an easy lay.

He proved nothing but that he could manipulate women to make himself look cool on an internet forum. It's rather sad, and it is even more sad that you think that he validated some stupid point.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,867,207 times
Quote:
THANK YOU.

Good lord, some of you are THICK.
LOL.. calling some posters thick... is a friggin joke.......

You come off like a two dollar who&e at 2 am.......

Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 PM

607 posts, read 857,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.. calling some posters thick... is a friggin joke.......

You come off like a two dollar who&e at 2 am.......
the only whores are the who are filling my inbox with topless and bottomless pics

Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,867,207 times
Quote:
the only whores are the who are filling my inbox with topless and bottomless pics
LOL, yeah... at 200 bucks an hour..... LOL...

Old 05-27-2013, 09:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,982,589 times
Quote:
Well generalizations can't be made I agree. But if a huge majority of women are this way online there's no point in men trying to find a woman for a relationship online. What's the guarantee that a woman they find online who's this way won't cheat on them in the future when she comes across a hotter guy.

the same guarantee that he gets if he meets her ANYWHERE else..

Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah... at 200 bucks an hour..... LOL...
what?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
He failed to prove that anyone who posts that is looking for an easy lay. He only proved that there were one or two women who were looking for an easy lay.

He proved nothing but that he could manipulate women to make himself look cool on an internet forum. It's rather sad, and it is even more sad that you think that he validated some stupid point.
I don't think you are getting it here. It's not just 1 or 2 women, he got close to 20 responses in one hour and nude pictures of the women along with their phone numbers. It clearly implies that those women wanted him, SEXUALLY. And none of them even asked his name, what he does etc etc so they could clearly care less if he were a hot shot lawyer or a jobless guy sitting in his momma's basement. All that mattered to them was his physical attractiveness and how HOT he looked, that's it.

He wasn't doing this to look cool on the internet based on his responses, he did this to validate his assertion that if you have the right looks you are IN no matter what your other attributes are since they are all secondary. I am not saying all the women are this way because they aren't, and websites like match.com etc etc might be different. We are only talking about POF here and I believe the OP has been able to drive his point home.

You don't have to take it offensively though, no one's trying to say that all women are the same way or anything of that sort. If you aren't like one of those women who responded, there's no need to take offense to what the OP had done.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I don't think you are getting it here. It's not just 1 or 2 women, he got close to 20 responses in one hour and nude pictures of the women along with their phone numbers. It clearly implies that those women wanted him, SEXUALLY. And none of them even asked his name, what he does etc etc so they could clearly care less if he were a hot shot lawyer or a jobless guy sitting in his momma's basement. All that mattered to them was his physical attractiveness and how HOT he looked, that's it.

He wasn't doing this to look cool on the internet based on his responses, he did this to validate his assertion that if you have the right looks you are IN no matter what your other attributes are since they are all secondary. I am not saying all the women are this way because they aren't, and websites like match.com etc etc might be different. We are only talking about POF here and I believe the OP has been able to drive his point home.

You don't have to take it offensively though, no one's trying to say that all women are the same way or anything of that sort. If you aren't like one of those women who responded, there's no need to take offense to what the OP had done.
Thank you for the great post.

Hardly any of them asked for my name.

Only one asked what I do for a job.

Even if they didn't send pics, their texts were about sex.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
the same guarantee that he gets if he meets her ANYWHERE else..
I see what you meant there but it just feels like this kind of attitude is much more prevalent in people you meet online than in real life, I don't know though. I am not an expert on relationships and I could care less, I would rather be single and happy than find a woman that's going to cheat on me after lying to me about love etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.