Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:29 PM

273 posts, read 533,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Thank you for the great post.

Hardly any of them asked for my name.

Only one asked what I do for a job.

Even if they didn't send pics, their texts were about sex.
You are their new boy toy. And it would be cool for them to parade you around their friends etc etc to get their validation about what a HOT guy you are. That's what it boils down to eventually I guess, no wonder most relationships these days(including marriage) last for less than 5 years.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,223,620 times
Who cares?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,772,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
I don't think you are getting it here. It's not just 1 or 2 women, he got close to 20 responses in one hour and nude pictures of the women along with their phone numbers.
I don't believe it.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM

37,771 posts, read 46,255,501 times
Quote:
He is misleading them but then again he's just doing a social experimentation trying to validate his hypothesis. The hypothesis is that if a man has the looks and money to throw around his personality, charm, wit, humor, class etc etc take a backseat and are often not even important. So anyone that says that they are looking for a decent, honest, witty, charming man online don't really mean it, they are just trying to look for the next hot body to sleep around with. That's what the OP has been trying to prove.
He hasn't PROVED anything. I met my BF of 3 and a half years, via POF. So his hypothesis is silly. There will always be slime buckets that will respond...both male and female. But that doesn't mean that there are not plenty of honest sincere people on there. I was one, and so was my BF.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,770,841 times
Quote:
You are their new boy toy. And it would be cool for them to parade you around their friends etc etc to get their validation about what a HOT guy you are. That's what it boils down to eventually I guess, no wonder most relationships these days(including marriage) last for less than 5 years.
You have completely missed the point. His profile was entirely fake. The respondents profiles are probably equally as fake. The whole thing is a completely ridiculous and immature game. There is no merit in what he did. I wouldn't be so quick to be defending such a childish act.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He hasn't PROVED anything. I met my BF of 3 and a half years, via POF. So his hypothesis is silly. There will always be slime buckets that will respond...both male and female. But that doesn't mean that there are not plenty of honest sincere people on there. I was one, and so was my BF.
I don't doubt that there are women who aren't like the ones that responded to him. However, if the vast majority of women are like how the OP described then there's very little chances of finding a true partner on websites like those. However, it happened in your case so not saying it ain't gonna happen, I just think the odds are less that's all.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have completely missed the point. His profile was entirely fake. The respondents profiles are probably equally as fake. The whole thing is a completely ridiculous and immature game. There is no merit in what he did. I wouldn't be so quick to be defending such a childish act.
What you said is a possibility but then would you think all the 20 people that responded to him are fake profiles? I highly doubt that but if it's true and if all those profiles are fake then it's the most ridiculous dating website in the universe. But I just feel the odds of that are low and that even if a few of the profiles that responded were fake they are only a minority. So I don't know, I am not trying to defend one or take sides, I just feel that the OP was able to prove his hypothesis that's all.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,194,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I sure wish these women knew about reverse image search so that they would find out that you're a big faker. I just came across a guy on OKC using the pics of some British athlete named Theo Walcott and the profile has been up for quite some time so this must be some kind of long term "experiment" that he's pulling. People are so lame.

Wow, you would think that person would've chosen a better soccer player.

Anyways, this thread is awesome.

Oh, I'm waiting for the input of two particular posters, before this thread is complete. The usual suspects arrived on the scene right on time.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,772,073 times
There are a lot of hookers looking for new clients. POF is a FREE dating site, the ones send out naked pictures along with a phone number are perhaps "professionals" LOL

Prostitutes Have Landed On Pof

Prostitutes Have Landed On Pof Free Dating, Singles and Personals

Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,822,664 times
Quote:
I agree, I think the people that are butthurt with his little social experimentation online are perhaps hypocrites. They need to learn to accept truth for what it is, it's what it is and no one's blaming them or anything. I wonder why they are so defensive unless they are trying to cover up something or shoot down the OP's hypothesis by acting that way.

But he is blaming me... he said all women are shallow.. in bold letters. I am a woman and I would never send nude pics, try to hook up, or do what these other women have done, etc, etc. So how exactly saying that he's wrong in saying all women are shallow because he picked up a few women on one online site that are make me hypocritical?

I don't have any objection to him saying women who respond to that kind of profile are shallow... I think they are too. But I do object to me, and the other 3.5 billion women in the world all being called shallow because he picked up about 20 women on an internet website known for hook-ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships