Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM

607 posts, read 857,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
Hey one qq, do you have to send your nudes in order to get the nudes from the women? Or do send them first? I have never been on POF and so don't know how it works honestly, but going by the OP's post I feel like it's an awesome site to meet women. I am going to make a profile myself very soon.
sometimes they say "you first." sometimes they dont.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
Quote:
Hey one qq, do you have to send your nudes in order to get the nudes from the women? Or do send them first? I have never been on POF and so don't know how it works honestly, but going by the OP's post I feel like it's an awesome site to meet women. I am going to make a profile myself very soon.

I never send nudes.. I also don't ask for the pictures. I have never continued talking to a girl after she send them to me either. It's a great site for no matter what you're looking for though, it'd be very easy to get one night stands and I've also met some really awesome people on there.

The OP has issues.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM

273 posts, read 533,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually...it is kind of sad. I mean, these girls probably have low self esteem and the only way they think they can get a man's attention is sending nude photos. You're basically manipulating these women and enjoying it.
I don't think it's about having a low self esteem. They just want a hot body to have sex with and feel happy about themselves by doing the same so they are trying to get that guy before someone else gets him.

I have a friend of mine who's very good looking, 6'3" etc. He put up a pic of himself with his six pack vacationing in Jamaica, he got 2 responses in half an hour. One girl sent him his number and asked him to text her while the other one wanted to meet him that very same evening. One of those girls is a teacher at a primary school so she's an educated woman not a trashy one. The other was a graduate student at the local university so both were very educated. While my friend didn't meet anyone that day he was convinced enough that he could have as many women as he wanted to should be ever go online. A lot of men in this world would die to have attention of that sort.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I never send nudes.. I also don't ask for the pictures. I have never continued talking to a girl after she send them to me either. It's a great site for no matter what you're looking for though, it'd be very easy to get one night stands and I've also met some really awesome people on there.

The OP has issues.
So they send the nudes to you directly without you asking for them? Wow you must look like Brad Pitt or something then, jk. Sounds like a great website, i shall surely try to make a profile and get there.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

The OP has issues.
its not

Old 05-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's about having a low self esteem. They just want a hot body to have sex with and feel happy about themselves by doing the same so they are trying to get that guy before someone else gets him.

I have a friend of mine who's very good looking, 6'3" etc. He put up a pic of himself with his six pack vacationing in Jamaica, he got 2 responses in half an hour. One girl sent him his number and asked him to text her while the other one wanted to meet him that very same evening. One of those girls is a teacher at a primary school so she's an educated woman not a trashy one. The other was a graduate student at the local university so both were very educated. While my friend didn't meet anyone that day he was convinced enough that he could have as many women as he wanted to should be ever go online. A lot of men in this world would die to have attention of that sort.

When I signed up, I was receiving 15 new messages per day. It's not that uncommon in my opinion. I'm extremely picky when it comes to meeting women though, because I think dating is a pain in the ass.. so I cancel a lot and just don't always feel like going out.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
its not

i'm pretty sure you are just looking for an excuse to why you can't get women.

ps: now is when you come up with a lie about getting women all the time.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM

11,833 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:

Trashiness and esteem issues are not determined by education and career.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
It sounds like the Op posted a profile of a party-boy looking for a good time... and attracted party women who are also looking for a good time. I don't know why that's surprising.

I do think it's a big generalization to say all women are shallow because out of the billions of women in the world a handful of women out of the "so many he can't remember how many he contacted" who happen to use one particular online dating site responded the way he wanted them too.

This got skipped over and I think it's telling. A profile like this would also get a bunch of phone numbers and nude picks. Would that mean "all men" are shallow too? And none wanted a serious relationship? No, it would mean that shallow men were attracted to a shallow woman. Again, no surprises.
I have heard from friends of mine who have had successes on POF and Okcupid that a lot of women that go after them are actually educated, classy, smart, sensible women. They aren't your typical party girls. One of my friends was a decent looking dude who hooked up with this married woman who was 40 on plentyoffish. She was still married to her husband but used to cheat on him sleeping around with they my friend. They continued this relationship for 8 months before my friend got bored of her and broke it off.

He said that if you are an above average looking guy on POF you would get every kind of woman whether she's educated, highly educated yada yada yada go crazy over you esp. if you have the cash and looks. I don't think educated women are any different from the not so educated ones when it comes to going after men they deem attractive, a hot body is a hot body and is a huge self esteem booster.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:

right. but if a guy asked a girl to meet that same night, he's "creepy" and "moving too fast"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships