Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM

257 posts, read 295,539 times

Advertisements

This is such a laugh. Here in the southeast, the biggest complaint I hear from men is that they want to be sure they can actually meet me. Women seem afraid to meet men and want to exchange messages forever. I think the message is, be prepared - anything goes.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
These threads do remind me of the Professor Chaos episodes of South Park.
Except they were mildly amusing.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
So why don't you get a six pack and a German car?

Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So why don't you get a six pack and a German car?
And some plastic surgery so you look like the guy in the photo you posted.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,829 times
And in other news, rain comes from clouds.

SERIOUSLY!! You needed to make a fake profile to prove what everyone already knows? Yes women care about a guy's appearance. They're as shallow as men but deny it because unlike men, women care how others perceive them.

I bet the Next thing this guy is gonna do is make a fake profile of a rich doctor to prove his ground-breaking hypothesis that women care about a guy's job and income too

Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
SERIOUSLY!! You needed to make a fake profile to prove what everyone already knows? Yes women care about a guy's appearance. They're as shallow as men but deny it because unlike men, women care how others perceive them.
hahaha! This is hilarious! So it's true, men really are Neanderthals? I'd dismissed that as mere rumor.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I bet the Next thing this guy is gonna do is make a fake profile of a rich doctor to prove his ground-breaking hypothesis that women care about a guy's job and income too
No, he's going to post a fake profile of someone who looks like Marilyn Monroe or Kim Kardashian in a bikini, to prove that some men will do anything to get sex. What a scientific breakthrough that "experiment" would be! LOL!

Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 AM

580 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
I created a fake POF profile. A guy with a six pack, a picture of a mercedes, and a bunch of selfies.

Me header reads: "Men have obligations, women have options"

Said I "make a lot of money" and I "work hard and play hard." I like to hit up bars, and I like older women.

Been on for 30 minutes, here is what I found:

-I can message a girl out of the blue and say "whats your number?" and they give it to me
-I can message a girl and say "wanna hang out tonight?" and they say sure
-I have 2 girls sending my risque pictures already

Men (and probably women) who are looking for love on POF. I urge you to stop.

These women sending me sexually explicit messages are college educated, sometimes with Masters degrees. they have no provocative pics, and yet, they are sluts. Unbelieveable, can't trust anyone these days.

WOMEN ARE SHALLOW.
Interesting experiment. Whether the conclusion is accurate I'm not completely sure. I do know that my profile has gotten a lot of looks when I was on Plenty of Fish. No one did anything like that though. I probably came off lacking confidence or something. I sent messages to quite a few people too. even a girl who didn't have a car or a job. Nothing. Eventually, I just quit online dating. I've seen lots of complaints about the dating websites out there. Now I plan to try to actually go out and work on my social skills.

This article, Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs, is completely right. Its annoying when people ask you if you've ever tried online dating. I've been asked twice.

I've also been told that I'm lucky to be single. Yes I'm so lucky going to bed with no one to spend long hours of the night talking about my future or my dreams and goals. I'm so lucky that I don't have someone to be there to chase my worries away at least for a little while and to say everything's going to be alright...

Also, I've kind of been feeling like online dating isn't romantic enough for me. I think I'd like the old fashioned "Strangers in the Night" romance like what Frank Sinatra sings about. Or at least I'd like to get some kind of matchmaker who can work one-on-one with me and possibly introduce me to someone.

Sorry about the rant and getting off topic. Developing social skills is a much better use of your time than making profiles and hoping someone likes what they see. Not that online dating is completely bad. Its just not for everyone and its not the only option out there.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart01 View Post
This is such a laugh. Here in the southeast, the biggest complaint I hear from men is that they want to be sure they can actually meet me. Women seem afraid to meet men and want to exchange messages forever. I think the message is, be prepared - anything goes.
I think the caution for some ladies, and that's me, is we don't want to be on the next episode of "48 Hours Murder Mystery".

To the OP, anyone can create a gross profile and get sex and cheap thrills. Some of us on PoF are looking to find a meaningful relationship.

Have fun at other people's expense, it kinda' shows you are mean.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I think the caution for some ladies, and that's me, is we don't want to be on the next episode of "48 Hours Murder Mystery".

To the OP, anyone can create a gross profile and get sex and cheap thrills. Some of us on PoF are looking to find a meaningful relationship.

Have fun at other people's expense, it kinda' shows you are mean.
But he is hiding behind another person so it doesn't show he is mean at all

All it does is makes everyone more suspicious than they need to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships