Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM

14 posts, read 26,766 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody. I've been off the board because I don't have anything good to report. We broke up.

I did convince him to go to the bbq but we didn't have a good time. He kept thinking that he was getting "looks" and got weirded out. At one point I went to get something and when I came back a girl was chatting with him and then it was me who got weirded out. We left early.

The next couple of days were strained to say the least. He wanted to know my "frame of reference" and stuff about the past. There was no yelling or anything but he basically said he thought that I do not "have his back" and that I may say other stupid things in the future and that he can't see us as a couple any more.

I know you guys tried to help but when TBideon called him a p*ssy and that I should feel lucky, well I don't feel lucky at all. Ian was an all around great guy and I screwed up in a big way. I've unfortunately had my share of jerks and bad boys - Ian is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 12:32 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorriedLiz View Post
Hi everybody. I've been off the board because I don't have anything good to report. We broke up.

I did convince him to go to the bbq but we didn't have a good time. He kept thinking that he was getting "looks" and got weirded out. At one point I went to get something and when I came back a girl was chatting with him and then it was me who got weirded out. We left early.

The next couple of days were strained to say the least. He wanted to know my "frame of reference" and stuff about the past. There was no yelling or anything but he basically said he thought that I do not "have his back" and that I may say other stupid things in the future and that he can't see us as a couple any more.

I know you guys tried to help but when TBideon called him a p*ssy and that I should feel lucky, well I don't feel lucky at all. Ian was an all around great guy and I screwed up in a big way. I've unfortunately had my share of jerks and bad boys - Ian is not one of them.
Too bad, OP. Thanks for coming back to give us an update, but it's a sad story.

Not to harp on this, but....alcohol is not your friend. While you're in-between relationships, you might want to examine your relationship to alcohol. It wrecked your engagement/impending marriage. Best of luck.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:39 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,875,674 times
Don't blame the alcohol. It probably would have come up at some point anyway. Better early than after you had already tied the knot.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:54 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Ruth4Truth does have a point. Alcohol can rip things away from you. Alcohol aided in me losing my first girlfriend, because I was being a boneheaded idiot. If I would have curbed my drinking a lot more, I would have been in the right mindset, and surrounding myself with the right people, and been able to keep my relationship on the right path.

Now, alcohol is just a social thing for me. A couple of drinks out with friends is fun, but not black out drinking like I was doing years ago that put an end to my relationship.

There's nothing per se wrong with alcohol. The problem will always come in with the kind of people alcohol can have a tendency of putting you in contact with. Your friend circle has a tendency to increase, and the people occupying the newly increased circle, are usually not the people you would have in your life if you weren't drinking as much.

The people I had in my life when I was partying like crazy are no longer in my life today. They weren't bad people by any means, but they were bad for where I saw myself heading in the future.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:36 PM

I think the combination of the party atmosphere and the alcohol just made me stupid for a minute and I opened my mouth without thinking. I never would have said anything like that if I was sober. So I don't think Philosophizer is right when he said I would have said it at some time in the future. I loved him (and I still do) so why would I have hurt him if I was actually thinking (and not drunk at a stupid party)

Old 07-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Also I think he may have gone on a date with the girl who was talking to him at the bbq. Makes me so sad

Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
Quote:
Also I think he may have gone on a date with the girl who was talking to him at the bbq. Makes me so sad

I wouldn't doubt it. He is probably going to be looking for ways to boost his ego. Don't be sad about it, let him do his thing.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
What the h3ll? If that was the case then it's better that it is over. Maybe he was wanting to get out and he used this as a reason to get out. It still doesn't change how talking about his penis size was bad, but you wonder someone's intentions when they go out on a date so soon.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
What the h3ll? If that was the case then it's better that it is over. Maybe he was wanting to get out and he used this as a reason to get out. It still doesn't change how talking about his penis size was bad, but you wonder someone's intentions when they go out on a date so soon.
It happens all the time. Not everyone does it, but it happens so much theres a name for it: rebound

And some people of this forum recommend it. And most have probably done it at some point in their dating life.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:04 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Default Say this!

Quote:
Well yeah it is kinda true that he's on the small side but it doesn't matter to me and I really mean that. If it was a big deal to me I would not be engaged to him. I know guys are really sensitive about stuff like this. I just don't want to lose him over something incredibly stupid that I said in all of thre seconds at the party. He's a really smart guy so I know he's going to ask me all sorts of questions and I don't know if I should be honest or fib or what.
Tell him exactly what you just said! I mean, you're still with him, it's not like his being small means anything to you, obviously he is doing something right!

Hey, can he do oral like a champ? My ex-husband was tineeeeeey but he would stay down there for hours. That's all I cared about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships