Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:31 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,072,619 times

Advertisements

Although I have a BF, there are things that are weighing down on us very heavily. How can I date when I've found the one person that's perfect for me? No one will ever surpass what I have with him. So, if I end up single, I may be single forever due to my own choice. If it took me 38 years to find him, how long would it take to find someone as good or better than him?

And to make things worse, I'm a shy, introverted, CFBC woman. I hate going out and meeting people. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Although I have a BF, there are things that are weighing down on us very heavily. How can I date when I've found the one person that's perfect for me? No one will ever surpass what I have with him. So, if I end up single, I may be single forever due to my own choice. If it took me 38 years to find him, how long would it take to find someone as good or better than him?

And to make things worse, I'm a shy, introverted, CFBC woman. I hate going out and meeting people. Ugh!
Eh, what's another 38 years. Time flies as you get older...

Old 08-23-2013, 03:20 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,072,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, what's another 38 years. Time flies as you get older...
So I should look forward to turning 76?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 AM

769 posts, read 977,376 times
No I won't always be single. I am still on my dating sabbatical by choice. I am starting to think about starting to date but really not in a big hurry. I have other priorities in my life that need to be handled. Having a boyfriend would be nice but it is not a neccessity.

I also am very picky and am not settling for just anyone. I did that before and that is how I ended up being married to a twit. He is a nice enough guy but very lazy and not driven. I am a driven person and a little bit alpha. I scare the crap out of guys that are passive. Oh and I am 41.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
.....not because you are picky nor anything like that. Do you feel you're not good looking enough, financial situation isn't stable enough, too fat, too skinny, etc....

If you feel as if you'll always be single, why do you feel this way?
im financially secure enough but im not good looking enough

Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I sympathize, from one introverted CFBC woman to another ^

I hate going out & meeting people, too-and I'm pretty crummy at doing so.
Thank goodness for the internet where there's at least some chance of finding new person(s).

But I'm glad you found someone, and I wish you well in that
It can be so hard to identify & recognize a compatible person. Then one really treasures that person,
given how agonizing the search for any other like-minded & emotionally suitable partner would be.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM

105 posts, read 247,032 times
With my mental issues, my setback/self exile, and my strong introverted personality I am way behind everyone else my age in pretty much everything. I have a lot of work to do to improve myself and even then I will still struggle to find a partner. I am apathetic to pop culture, music, fashion, and other subjects that interest my generation. I feel like an alien observer in a strange planet.

I do have strong desires for companionship but I am no state to seek it.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:59 AM

23 posts, read 33,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's the men you interact with.

I can tell you that I do not play games with people in any way.
It could possibly be the men I interact with although I've interacted with all different kinds and get the same result whether they are bikers or hard core Christians. And I pretty much hear this from every female of my acquaintance from my sister to my cousins to my friends to my sisters friends. In fact, most of my sisters friends have just settled because there is no other kind of man out there and they are afraid of being alone. But as I mentioned before, it could be the area I live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
I sympathize. I can't stand people, generally, but I absolutely want to have onespecial person in my life, and sorting through meeting/getting to know a bunchof people in order to find "a keeper" is agony (I'm an introvert,too)
I am JUST like this and it’s because I really lack trust in people in general, men and women. I have had many disapointments from people ranging from my ex-husband to my own mother. So it’s hard for me to meet and get to know others but I do try very hard. But Cloven says it perfectly as I can’t stand people but just want that ONE person as a companion.

I’m 36 BTW

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM

404 posts, read 701,909 times
Always? Well, if I had to judge from my experience with women in all these years, then the answer should be "yes". I've never been able to attract women, despite making big changes and efforts. And right now I see no reason to believe it will change shortly.

So far, it's been like winning the lottery. Could it happen? Of course. But since I have low chances and don't have any control over it, I wouldn't plan my life counting on it...

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's the men you interact with.

I can tell you that I do not play games with people in any way.
You might not, but it seems like 99% of men do.

I'm not saying that women aren't like that too. I'm sure some are; I wouldn't know, I've never dated women. But I am not like that and I still get the dregs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships