Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,018,117 times

Advertisements

.....not because you are picky nor anything like that. Do you feel you're not good looking enough, financial situation isn't stable enough, too fat, too skinny, etc....

If you feel as if you'll always be single, why do you feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Definitely not attractive enough lol. I've had a lot of reinforcement on that angle.

Not a whole lot I can do about it though, so I'll probably always be single.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
Not at all...

It'll happen eventually.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
.....not because you are picky nor anything like that. Do you feel you're not good looking enough, financial situation isn't stable enough, too fat, too skinny, etc....

I don't care either way. All I have seen is unhealthy relationships and other stuff that make me not want to bother.

I also feel that I am probably too psychotic for that kind of relationship anyway. After all, I do have friends, that's good enough.

I used to feel as if it was inevitable for me to wind up with a wife and children. But now, I feel as if I COULD always be single.

I don't think I'm too fat, or even too skinny. I'm not ugly by any means. I'm much better looking now than I was back then and I had the ladies coming.

I just don't have much in me left to deal with all the things that come with a relationship.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:

Because most men at best are immature game-players, at worst lower than pond scum.

I'm fit, cute, make my own money, and I'm told by my friends that I'm hilarious and fun to be around. Yet, here I am. Hell I was just dating someone recently and I thought it was going really well, then he smacked it down with the "I think we're moving too fast" excuse. Guyspeak for "Yeah, enjoyed the dates, moving on to the next girl now."

I was aggressively single for a while prior to that, and now I am remembering exactly why I refused to date anyone for so long. Because crap like this happens.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM

936 posts, read 2,062,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Because most men at best are immature game-players, at worst lower than pond scum.

I'm fit, cute, make my own money, and I'm told by my friends that I'm hilarious and fun to be around. Yet, here I am. Hell I was just dating someone recently and I thought it was going really well, then he smacked it down with the "I think we're moving too fast" excuse. Guyspeak for "Yeah, enjoyed the dates, moving on to the next girl now."
Ouch! Not all of us play games, thank you.

Is it maybe an age thing? Are you trying to date guys who are in their 20's and early 30's? If that's the case, then you're probably going to find a bunch of guys who still think like teenagers. But most of us do grow up at some point--either by choice or by force--and not all of us are just out to play you.

Quote:
I was aggressively single for a while prior to that, and now I am remembering exactly why I refused to date anyone for so long. Because crap like this happens.
How exactly can someone be "aggressively single"? Like, do you attack them with a broken beer bottle if they approach you in a bar or something? (Just kidding. Put the bottle down....)

Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,018,117 times
That's a bit of a stretch.

Quote:

Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Single, as in never in a relationship or single as in never married?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
Quote:
That's a bit of a stretch.
That kind of attitude is usually a person's worst enemy; however, I'm sure she's just frustrated.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:07 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:

I think I'll always be single because I think my requirements for anyone who I'd get serious with may not find me attractive. The main thing with me is that I do not want kids nor will I consider seriously dating anyone with children or wants children. That limits your dating pool a bit, then there is a question of attraction on both sides.

I am trying to brace myself for being single long-term if that is the direction my life is heading. So bachelorhood ain't so bad so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships