Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:03 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Social Security benefits for the survivor of the deceased.
Only if you are married for 10 years or longer...going on marriage number 5...the odds are slim that any of his marriages lasted for ten years and that this new one will either. He sounds like a serial marrier, once he nabs em, he moves onto his next target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Only if you are married for 10 years or longer...going on marriage number 5...the odds are slim that any of his marriages lasted for ten years and that this new one will either. He sounds like a serial marrier, once he nabs em, he moves onto his next target.
What's the benefit to him of being a serial marrier (Assuming he isn't scamming the women out of money.)

Old 08-29-2013, 01:13 PM

38 posts, read 62,534 times
Marriage is a sacred vowe among two people who love each other and have promised to love and look after each other through sickness and health, until death do they depart. My wife and I will have been married for 20 years this November 2013, we are soul mates and will be together forever.

To many people use the the word 'Love' too much without knowing what it truly means to be able to share that word with someone! So I say unless there is a very good reason for divorce or several good reasons for several divorces, divorce is not really an option if the couple follows their vows and follow the 10 commandments as a guide to a good marriage. All problems encountered in a marriage can be avoided early if the couple are in tune with one another and even when things do go wrong, being able to open yourselves up to truely wanting to fix the problem is the secret to a long marriage.

Be careful with this person as he has a very bad track record, which may lead you to become his next statistic. Good luck.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Run for the hills. One divorce is a red flag - two is a dealbreaker.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:23 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
My comments in realistic red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodi1 View Post
Marriage is a sacred vowe among two people who love each other and have promised to love and look after each other through sickness and health, until death do they depart.

That's too bad. What happens if you stop loving each other after five years? You want to be miserable for the next 50?

My wife and I will have been married for 20 years this November 2013, we are soul mates and will be together forever.

If this is true (which I have no doubt it is), your marriage vows are irrelevant.
And, if it isn't true, your marriage vows are irrelevant.

To many people use the the word 'Love' too much without knowing what it truly means to be able to share that word with someone!

If you think you know what "love" means, then you don't know what "love" means.

So I say unless there is a very good reason for divorce

What does "good" mean?

follow the 10 commandments

I take this to mean that you are superstitious.

All problems encountered in a marriage can be avoided early if the couple are in tune with one another and even when things do go wrong, being able to open yourselves up to truely wanting to fix the problem is the secret to a long marriage.

There are a couple exceptions like "I hate her guts." and "I don't love you anymore."

Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,797,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
With all the red flags, you could make a quilt! How is his finances? Is he paying alimony? How many kids does he have? From how many of the marriages? Does he see his kids? Are the kids young enough that one has custody? With that many wives, he could have custody of kids every weekend. How many kids does the OP's friend have? How many times has she been divorced? So many things to think about not even mentioned in this thread yet.
Interesting questions and here are the answers from what I know:

He is a millionaire and a high level executive of a Fortune 500 Company
He has no kids under 18 and two kids over 21
The friend of my wife who is thinking about marriage with this guy (Mr. Divorce) has two adult kids
She (the lady who may marry the man who keeps divorcing women) lost her only husband to cancer five years ago, never divorced.

Both my wife and I when we were talking on the way home from meeting Mr. Divorce were shocked that he had been divorced so many times. He was so nice, charming, handsome and down to earth. Just by meeting him without knowing his history you would think he was just wonderful.

Last edited by I'm Retired Now; 08-29-2013 at 01:40 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Or either terribly bad luck!!
Maybe .000001% of the time.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
would I marry a serial divorcee? No. Not a chance. Move on.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
What's the benefit to him of being a serial marrier (Assuming he isn't scamming the women out of money.)
People do many odd things that provide no benefit. He may just be a hunter type, and, we really don't know, he may be a con man, who does reap monetary benefits due to his marriages.

Whatever the reasons are, my gut would tell me to pass, no reason to marry him or IMO anyone at that age and with that track record.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
No way he's red flags galore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships