Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 03:40 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times

Advertisements

I have an distant uncle in my family, he is on his fourth wife, She is ugly, compared to the other, but then again, He had many chances to do with all kinds of women,......ewhhhhh. Depends on the age gap, and differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 03:54 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Nope I would not do 4 times divorced No way I think he has a problem . really ? you think there was something wrong with all those women ? NO !!! it is him .

Old 05-30-2014, 09:28 AM

19 posts, read 32,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
A close friend of my wife is in her late 40s and has fallen in love with a recently divorced man. We met them for lunch and they seem very much in love by how they communicate with each other. After 9 months there is talk about marriage. I would say go for it because they seem compatible and seem like a couple but then I found out he had been married and divorced four times. He must be able to charm the women but can't stay with them.

What do you think of men or women who have been married and divorced multiple times? How many divorces would raise a red flag? 2, 3, 4, 5, or more?

I am sure each of his ex wives thought their relationship would be different! But the ending was the same. But maybe my wife's friend, #5 will be the exception.
I know women and men that have been divorced 4 or five times, My husband said he might have tried one more if he had been allowed a divorce in 1987. He said if that one did not work he was going to a rent a wife for a night, he is making me mad right now, I know we haven't had sex in a very long time, and yes I had an affair, he did not. But he told me a few minutes ago he might as well try a rent a sex. It hurts my feelings and we are just trying to show what he earns when he wont compromise I told his father I was afraid of what will happen when he comes home from rehab. He will tell me its time for the first payment, last year was a down payment, and memorial day was a late fee

Old 04-06-2015, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 1,517 times
Wink Don't make assumptions

Reading some of these replies makes me wonder how many of you are actually married. Not to be rude or anything but when you live day to day ...year to year....people change. You marry one person at a young age and that may not be the same person you're married to in 20 years. Me...I'm in the process of getting my 2nd divorce. Got married the first time when I was 23...we dated for 5 years, married for 2. He was a druggy and was headed downhill. Second time around, lived with my husband for a year, married for 20. 10 of those years for horrible. He's narcissistic and abusive. He ended up cheating and I caught him. After I got over the shock, I realized it was a HUGE blessing to be out of it.

NOW... I've learned so much about myself from those experiences in the past 30 years. I cannot imagine meeting someone and them saying... "I can no longer date you knowing you've been divorced 2x". My reaction would be "F OFF!" simply for judging me by that.

Assumptions are a dangerous thing. You NEVER know what someone's life experiences have been like. Maybe they didn't make the best partner choices or maybe they're a complete *******. If it's a true spiritual connection they feel, then they will probably discuss what happened and what was learned from it. Part of truly being in love is being vulnerable to your partner.... thus...trusting them to tell you about their mistakes and trusting them with insecurities you may have about THEIR past.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
"I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.”

Lewis Grizzard

Old 04-06-2015, 04:33 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgal47 View Post
Reading some of these replies makes me wonder how many of you are actually married. Not to be rude or anything but when you live day to day ...year to year....people change. You marry one person at a young age and that may not be the same person you're married to in 20 years. Me...I'm in the process of getting my 2nd divorce. Got married the first time when I was 23...we dated for 5 years, married for 2. He was a druggy and was headed downhill. Second time around, lived with my husband for a year, married for 20. 10 of those years for horrible. He's narcissistic and abusive. He ended up cheating and I caught him. After I got over the shock, I realized it was a HUGE blessing to be out of it.

NOW... I've learned so much about myself from those experiences in the past 30 years. I cannot imagine meeting someone and them saying... "I can no longer date you knowing you've been divorced 2x". My reaction would be "F OFF!" simply for judging me by that.

Assumptions are a dangerous thing. You NEVER know what someone's life experiences have been like. Maybe they didn't make the best partner choices or maybe they're a complete *******. If it's a true spiritual connection they feel, then they will probably discuss what happened and what was learned from it. Part of truly being in love is being vulnerable to your partner.... thus...trusting them to tell you about their mistakes and trusting them with insecurities you may have about THEIR past.
Once? No problem. Everybody makes a mistake.

Twice? Hmmm. Well, lightning can strike twice.

But four times? A definite lack of wisdom and judgment at work.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:30 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Not if I was looking for a potential spouse.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:35 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
To date they might be fun, to have a relationship with no freakin' way.

If you don't get you aren't marriage material after 2 divorces you need serious help.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Marriage isn't meant for everyone, just like a size 10 shoe isn't.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:23 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
A cousin of mine "went for" a man who was divorced around 3-4 times. They've been together now for nearly 10 years.

And they were speedy divorces - Each of his marriages with the exes lasted about 1-3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships