Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,212,894 times

Advertisements

They failed in the biggest decision you could make in life 4 times in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,800,655 times
Funny thing is people that I knew who had been married and divorced a number of times never seemed to lack people who wanted to date or marry them. Maybe they thought the other four wives were idiots and this time it was true love!

Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 AM

832 posts, read 1,420,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Funny thing is people that I knew who had been married and divorced a number of times never seemed to lack people who wanted to date or marry them. Maybe they thought the other four wives were idiots and this time it was true love!
I think I agree with this. Women can be odd, the way we think. We like to think we're really "the one" and if we just act a certain way, or fill a certain role, he will think we're the best one ever.

I've only seen one man on his 4th marriage.

But for some reason, I think this one may be "the one for now". He's a very high functioning person with a very full plate. "Important things to do" blah blah blah. But his 4th wife... she's right on par with him. She's a globe trotter herself and the fact that they kept meeting while both of them were globe trotting, gives me the sense that he's sees his 4th wife more in the last two years than he did all the time with his first three wives.

Though, I also think that perhaps his first wife was "the one" with the kids and all, the next two were so he could show up at functions with "a wife" and that this last one really does fit his life style. And it helps that she's a bit of arm candy too. But like I said, she's a high functioning individual in her own right, and likely won't give up her career to nest.

As for me personally, I'd have to really analyze the first three relationships.

I mean... analyze the be-jezuz out of them before even remotely considering it.

And even then... it's very likely everyone in my family would punch me in the head at least once to prevent me from doing it.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,445,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
How is it force if it's a choice?

People who don't want to get married don't HAVE to. They choose to.
Force of commitment after marriage. Meaning they choose to get married but if things change their marriage commitment forces them to stay together.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,445,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post

Actually, we're all that way for the most part. We've all had multiple girlfriend boyfriends. Many of us thought "this is the one" and similarly, our existing spouses have had multiple girlfriend boyfriends - and we're the latest "I am the one".

Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,316,072 times
Four is too much. This guy has great success in some areas, not enough where it is interpersonally important. If any thoughts are engendered relative to marriage, the woman in this couple should see this man with his employees, with his children, among friends, and at a critical impasse (conflict), to identify more strongly what falls apart. As mentioned by others, I would similarly look at a long engagement. There are gaps not accounted for; like any other person, I would get a background check or try to dig far below the surface. Can he be a true equal partner in their relationship? How did they meet and what is he doing (aside from reputation or throwing money for trips or goods) to woo her?

Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
I think I agree with this. Women can be odd, the way we think. We like to think we're really "the one" and if we just act a certain way, or fill a certain role, he will think we're the best one ever
Yes, here in the real world, we call it narcissism.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,883,132 times
I go with this philosophy....I can deal with one divorce, and one widowhood. I don't date anyone that has been divorced 2 or more times.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,458 times
Default Dated a guy 4 times married and divorced.

I've just broken up with a guy who has been married and divorced 4 times. Good looking man. Good looking exes. One does swallow all the jargon of how he had to compromise each time and came out the looser because of it. Well my bf moved to a city 2000 km away and we decided on the two home relationship for a year before we make a decision to move in together. I have two very well behaved Pekingese dogs whom I adore. After nine months of dating and him only then relocating I said to him that I'll do the next trip with my dogs and stay over for two weeks as my business is internet based. He then told me that I should get a sitter for the digs as he does not like the hair on his socks when he walks on my floors and that the male has a bit of a doggy smell. Never in the 9 months of dating did he mention this. So this became a whole new can of worms. I'm anul when it comes to cleanliness and neatness in my home but I guess a few hairs will come in contact. I then realized that I dodged a bullet. This man is all about his needs.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:29 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,753,048 times
If they always blamed their exes for their break-ups, I wouldn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships