Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 08:31 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
You do realize Two and a Half Men is a fictional TV series, rather than real life. Having said that, I like the show. However, I do not take it seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 PM

746 posts, read 866,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
YOLO?

Are you 15?

I don't ask guys out even if I know for sure they're interested but shy. Asking a chick out is a pretty simple "manhood" test. If you can't grab your balls and ask me out, then we're not going out. I'm not picking up the slack for him by taking that risk myself.
There ain't no 15 year olds on this website lol. I'm 18 and you do only live once so you should do what you want to do cause its all over when you die.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
I can only say how I am as a person and why I do not ask guys out. I'm positive I've misunderstood some guys romantic interest as friendship. But that's because I can't figure out why he would be interested, not because he's not interesting. For example, let's say you're a medical doctor. Why would you be interested in an overweight, pothead waitress? Common sense says that's crazy. So if I was a fat pothead server, and you a fit doctor, no matter what you said to me, I would not think you interested romantically and there's nothing you could do to change my mind short of saying: "I'm not crazy, but I really want to take you out to dinner because I think you're funny." And even that might not work.

Generally, even the shyest of adult men will make their interest pretty clear. If she wants to take the time, she can find ways to encourage him. But ultimately, if you want a girl to ask you out, and you can't bring yourself to ask her out, then you're going to have to express your interest pretty clearly so she makes a move. But I'm telling you, even if she asks you out, and you don't make yourself clear on that first date and reciprocate, she won't be making a fool of herself by asking you out again.

(FYI: The above paragraph was over generalizing, but there is a grain of truth to it)

And stop claiming that your advances wouldn't go over well. You have no idea how they'd go over because you don't make them, from the looks of it.
Like I said before I am not trying to make you change your preferences. That's what you want and I respect that.
As for claiming my advances wouldn't go well, you may be right but its what I have believed for years. In no way, shape, or form, am I type of man women want approaching them

Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
The reason a lot of men don't ask women out anymore is because of the process of approaching and chatting with a woman whom will no doubt be offended that he is doing so. This occurs again and again until the guy just stops altogether. Read some of the male posters who have written they cannot get dates and are treated harshly when they try. That all these posts are similar is no fluke.
Wow, that could be depressing for some men. I hope you are wrong. I have already decided to be happy regardless of my marital status (currently single), but for guys who rely on getting married for happiness and will never see the light, I feel sorry for them.

The best couples are people that are already happy that meet and have a relationship. If you NEED someone for your happiness, the likelihood of divorce is strong. We should never NEED someone. That is weakness. Being already fulfilled in your own life and finding a compatible partner is strength or not doing so if that is your preference.

If you look to someone for a RESCUE, that is a disservice to relationships and the other person. You need to make the effort to be happy on your own and not put that burden on anyone else. Few will disagree with this IMO. Then you will have a better relationship.

As to the thread, in most areas of the USA guys have to ask the woman out. It is a pain sometime, but it is reality.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Wow, that could be depressing for some men. I hope you are wrong. I have already decided to be happy regardless of my marital status (currently single), but for guys who rely on getting married for happiness and will never see the light, I feel sorry for them.

The best couples are people that are already happy that meet and have a relationship. If you NEED someone for your happiness, the likelihood of divorce is strong. We should never NEED someone. That is weakness. Being already fulfilled in your own life and finding a compatible partner is strength or not doing so if that is your preference.

If you look to someone for a RESCUE, that is a disservice to relationships and the other person. You need to make the effort to be happy on your own and not put that burden on anyone else. Few will disagree with this IMO. Then you will have a better relationship.

As to the thread, in most areas of the USA guys have to ask the woman out. It is a pain sometime, but it is reality.
All true.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
The reason a lot of men don't ask women out anymore is because of the process of approaching and chatting with a woman whom will no doubt be offended that he is doing so. This occurs again and again until the guy just stops altogether. Read some of the male posters who have written they cannot get dates and are treated harshly when they try. That all these posts are similar is no fluke.
I can't say too much on this, as I'm not a man and I don't know the experiences of most men; but I am more inclined to call this bull.

I think that most women, want men to approach them and court them, however I believe the women that reject these invitations to go on dates, are women who have serious character flaws. (Of course this is subjective and dependent on a man's approach--was he acting like Justin Bieber wannabe gangsta type? Well yeah, you're gonna get a no )

If a woman is too shallow to say yes to a man for a date because she thinks he's perhaps, unattractive, not in her league, doesn't meet her standards, etc. etc., then quite frankly she wasn't worth the ask to begin with. With that said, I feel no sympathy for the man, because he should of noticed the signs of her shallow character from the start. So once again, my thoughts remain that there are plenty of women who would gladly give a man a chance and go on a date with them--and no they don't have to be tragically hideous either.

Quote:

I don't ask guys out even if I know for sure they're interested but shy. Asking a chick out is a pretty simple "manhood" test. If you can't grab your balls and ask me out, then we're not going out. I'm not picking up the slack for him by taking that risk myself.
Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Quote:
I can only say how I am as a person and why I do not ask guys out. I'm positive I've misunderstood some guys romantic interest as friendship. But that's because I can't figure out why he would be interested, not because he's not interesting. For example, let's say you're a medical doctor. Why would you be interested in an overweight, pothead waitress? Common sense says that's crazy. So if I was a fat pothead server, and you a fit doctor, no matter what you said to me, I would not think you interested romantically and there's nothing you could do to change my mind short of saying: "I'm not crazy, but I really want to take you out to dinner because I think you're funny." And even that might not work.

Generally, even the shyest of adult men will make their interest pretty clear. If she wants to take the time, she can find ways to encourage him. But ultimately, if you want a girl to ask you out, and you can't bring yourself to ask her out, then you're going to have to express your interest pretty clearly so she makes a move. But I'm telling you, even if she asks you out, and you don't make yourself clear on that first date and reciprocate, she won't be making a fool of herself by asking you out again.

(FYI: The above paragraph was over generalizing, but there is a grain of truth to it)

And stop claiming that your advances wouldn't go over well. You have no idea how they'd go over because you don't make them, from the looks of it.
Wow. That was a whole lotta babbling...but I see some truth in it. I think you're right; If I don't think I'm a man's type, I'm simply never going to even imagine he'd take an interest in me-- even if my friends, his friends, and random people tell me he likes me, I'm not going to believe it...and quite frankly I'm not going to care, because I've never deemed it a plausible occurrence to begin with.

As for the second paragraph; shy or not, if the person your interested in, begins dropping hints, you too better start dropping hints and showing an interest!

Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,491 times
Quote:
Of course it is.

But there comes a time, for me anyway, where you just have to do it. I'll do my part by expressing interest and all that good stuff, but at the bottom line... it's the guy who must take the final step.

I'm not blind. I can see he's shy. I can see he's struggling. And I know that with these guys, I have to endure a very long process usually involving his friends asking in a round about way so they can report back to him and all that song 'n dance. But the bottom line is that he has to do it. Not his friends, and not me.
Quote:
The question was posed to women. I answered the question.

There's no over generalizing when I tell you that as a woman, for me, no matter what, the guy must grab his balls and ask me out because I will not ask him out.

I never said he didn't have balls. I said he has to grab his balls and do it.

Huge difference.
Quote:
But ultimately, if you want a girl to ask you out, and you can't bring yourself to ask her out, then you're going to have to express your interest pretty clearly so she makes a move. But I'm telling you, even if she asks you out, and you don't make yourself clear on that first date and reciprocate, she won't be making a fool of herself by asking you out again.
Quote:
How prehistoric. I suppose you think that the woman's place is in the home and is incapable of making actionable decisions for herself and is equally incapable of making concrete plans with men they desire. Things like taking initiative, thinking for herself?

Your idea that women should not initiate date or ask men out or "take the final step" should be offensive to those championing equality, because it implies that women are submissive and live for the sake of men; like symbiotic beings who cannot think for themselves and merely are merely reactive, instead of proactive with their own thoughts, ideas, desires, etc. No one should be ashamed in going after what they want and initiating first whether for dating, sex, or anything else; man or woman.

Quote:
I don't ask a potential mate out for the same reason a man might not...

Fear of rejection.

It's pretty simple.
Ah so this is the real issue, projection onto an entire gender. I pity anyone who whimpers in fear of rejection so much irrespective of their gender that they cannot make actionable plans on their own and decide to merely be reactionaries.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I can't say too much on this, as I'm not a man and I don't know the experiences of most men; but I am more inclined to call this bull.

I think that most women, want men to approach them and court them, however I believe the women that reject these invitations to go on dates, are women who have serious character flaws. (Of course this is subjective and dependent on a man's approach--was he acting like Justin Bieber wannabe gangsta type? Well yeah, you're gonna get a no )

If a woman is too shallow to say yes to a man for a date because she thinks he's perhaps, unattractive, not in her league, doesn't meet her standards, etc. etc., then quite frankly she wasn't worth the ask to begin with. With that said, I feel no sympathy for the man, because he should of noticed the signs of her shallow character from the start. So once again, my thoughts remain that there are plenty of women who would gladly give a man a chance and go on a date with them--and no they don't have to be tragically hideous either.

Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Wow. That was a whole lotta babbling...but I see some truth in it. I think you're right; If I don't think I'm a man's type, I'm simply never going to even imagine he'd take an interest in me-- even if my friends, his friends, and random people tell me he likes me, I'm not going to believe it...and quite frankly I'm not going to care, because I've never deemed it a plausible occurrence to begin with.

As for the second paragraph; shy or not, if the person your interested in, begins dropping hints, you too better start dropping hints and showing an interest!
If i had someone show interest I would be shocked.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post

And when you realize that the one thing missing from life is a partner? That everything else is pretty decent. And that one missing thing dwarfs all else?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
How prehistoric. I suppose you think that the woman's place is in the home and is incapable of making actionable decisions for herself and is equally incapable of making concrete plans with men they desire. Things like taking initiative, thinking for herself?

Your idea that women should not initiate date or ask men out or "take the final step" should be offensive to those championing equality, because it implies that women are submissive and live for the sake of men; like symbiotic beings who cannot think for themselves and merely are merely reactive, instead of proactive with their own thoughts, ideas, desires, etc. No one should be ashamed in going after what they want and initiating first whether for dating, sex, or anything else; man or woman.

I pity anyone who whimpers in fear of rejection so much irrespective of their gender.
Zing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships