Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you 100% are. All you can do is give your piece of information and let it go because you're going to be wrong on this website no matter what.
Everybody knows a man or a woman or several that everybody has interest in. And then everybody knows somebody who gets some interest, and then less and less. So, it makes sense that some people get no to very little interest no matter how old they are and how hard they try. And certainly no outward or unmistakeable interest.

Maybe the reason people deny it, is because they don't want to feel it's that kind of world. Or maybe they feel bad about rejecting people.

But at the same time, I don't think it's really right to blame that person and say it's their fault or really mock them.

If a woman came on here saying she got no interest from men, I wouldn't tell her it's her fault, I'd just tell her to keep her head up and keep trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 01:01 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
If you think everyone else is the problem, it's not everyone else. You're the cheese, standing alone, pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.

You don't know how to interpret signals. Period. You may also not know how to read Latin, but does that mean you blame the author for not using English? No, if you want to understand it, you take the time to learn the language.

You do not need to hit on 100 women to get a bite if you take the time to learn the subject. Stop playing the victim and you will no longer be one. Good luck.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
If you think everyone else is the problem, it's not everyone else. You're the cheese, standing alone, pointing fingers at everyone but yourself.

You don't know how to interpret signals. Period. You may also not know how to read Latin, but does that mean you blame the author for not using English? No, if you want to understand it, you take the time to learn the language.

You do not need to hit on 100 women to get a bite if you take the time to learn the subject. Stop playing the victim and you will no longer be one. Good luck.
Again (and I'm sure you'll come up to something to refute me), but what does it matter if you ask all the women out anyway? The ones who give what you think are signals and the ones who you just kind of like, but didn't give you a clear signal.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Everybody knows a man or a woman or several that everybody has interest in. And then everybody knows somebody who gets some interest, and then less and less. So, it makes sense that some people get no to very little interest no matter how old they are and how hard they try. And certainly no outward or unmistakeable interest.

Maybe the reason people deny it, is because they don't want to feel it's that kind of world. Or maybe they feel bad about rejecting people.

But at the same time, I don't think it's really right to blame that person and say it's their fault or really mock them.

If a woman came on here saying she got no interest from men, I wouldn't tell her it's her fault, I'd just tell her to keep her head up and keep trying.
All you can do is improve yourself as best as you can and keep trying if you still want to keep looking.

In the end, some of it is the fault of the poster, but it's not 100% the fault of the poster, as some of it is going to be a mix of all kinds of things, from where you live, to the people you get to interact with. The only thing you can do in any given situation is be the best person you can be in any given situation, and if that's who you are, and you know it is, then it's time for a change of scenery or you take a break.

Lots of people on this forum have apparently tons and tons of success in dating and relationships, and that's great, but if they don't know what it's like to be in the kind of situation that you're experiencing, their "advice" won't always be good advice. You'll have to take what you can from posters on here and try to apply it to your situation and make adjustments.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
You gals don't understand.

The batting of the eyebrows, the smile, the touches on the shoulder, the pleasant conversation, the 'she laughs at your jokes', etc, I've gotten that and been rejected.
Quote:
Nilajones: The trick is to understand that, every time you think you are getting 'signals' and she says no, then you were wrong. Those were not signals, and you need to upgrade your detection software. Learn from your mistakes. Don't tell yourself that her signals were stronger than those of the woman who said yes, because they weren't. You just misread.
Quote:
OK. Fair enough. Then I never have gotten any signal from a woman in my life, and we are back to my original point.
It's possible that you have never gotten a signal. It's more likely that you have missed the signals.

From your posts quoted above ,we understand that every time you thought you were getting signals, it turned out you were wrong. So it seems not unlikely that you have a similar batting average when it comes to perceiving signals that are sent your way.

I thik the easiest, most fun way to learn this stuff is through tv shows and movies. Have you seen the newish series Camp? It might be great for that. Notice who hooks u, and then go back a bit ans watch for the signals.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:23 PM

175 posts, read 275,462 times

Deleted

Old 09-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's possible that you have never gotten a signal. It's more likely that you have missed the signals.

From your posts quoted above ,we understand that every time you thought you were getting signals, it turned out you were wrong. So it seems not unlikely that you have a similar batting average when it comes to perceiving signals that are sent your way.

I thik the easiest, most fun way to learn this stuff is through tv shows and movies. Have you seen the newish series Camp? It might be great for that. Notice who hooks u, and then go back a bit ans watch for the signals.
Right. Nice post. Thank you, I'll try and check out the show.

My way around that particular issue is just to ask out a woman I like whether she was giving signals or not. All I ask is that people take it a little bit easy on people who are less successful and not heap all the blame on them. Really, you have no idea of their situation.

Yea, I was a little melodramatic earlier this week about giving up on dating. Rejection hurts sometimes.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMars View Post
Man, wen i saw you commented next I just bet myself £10 your comment was going to be a negative one. You could make me rich.

i thought the same way you did up until a couple of months ago and things have began to, albeit very slowly change for me.

You really need to do whatever you can to change your viewpoint on life and women, and yourself. Women can probably smell your negativity a mile away - you'd be as well wearing a t-shirt that says "I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH, I'M NOT THE MAN FOR YOU".

In my daily life? No, I'm a pretty fantastic person, and the people who chose to speak to me offline from here know the kind of person I am, so I don't expect you and many, many others to understand that. lol

Old 09-15-2013, 01:42 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
For some it's easy, for some it takes a lot of courage and many don't try.
I don't try unless I am 100% sure which doesn't happen very often. I figure if it isn't 100% clear then it isn't worth the risk.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:44 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin_Dallas View Post
No, just, no. If you get to 40 and you're still a virgin, it's not because you haven't asked anyone out, it's because you're retarded.
Untrue. It just hasn't happened yet. It means nothing beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships