Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I rather be something than nothing to a person that I liked.

I mean, it's said the best person to marry is your BEST FRIEND.

Man or woman, it's better to be in the friend zone than in the "creepy weird person" zone.

Besides being in the romantic relationship, the friend zone is the safest place to be.
But if you are extremely attracted to someone and they don't feel the same way, it can be utter torture to be around them. It is much better to stay away from them for a while. Otherwise you drive you will drive yourself crazy, and possibly them crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
The Friend Zone to me is really a No Zone.

Women who relegate men to the friend zone aren't really a mans friend when you think about it. How can she be? It's not like the guy who has been friend zoned is going to be her favourite person to hang out with or first to call in her rolodex right?

Friend zoned guys get used for their shoulders for her to cry on meanwhile she'll continue treated you like a dart board for her whines and rants against other guys. You know the types. The bad boy a-holes types they so endear themselves to, with strong beliefs that they can change and program him to be the perfect boyfriend en route to being the perfect husband. I've been friends to women like these but quickly ended the friendships when I realized I wasn't getting paid to listen to their problems. It's not like they care about my feelings to begin with.

I encourage good men to not be the suckers in the friend zone who get taken on an emotional ride holding hope that she'll be attracted to you. It amazes me that women throw around the term so loosely when they have no intentions of being a guys friend after rejecting his initial advances.

The only positive thing about being relegated to friend zone status is the fact that she didn't put you in the creep zone status.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Man(or woman) up and make a move
That is a horrible advice.

I really hate to say this on the forum, but I just got friendzoned yesterday after making a move. She did say she would hangout anyway, but in a friend way. She didn't want to be in a relationship right now. I only knew her since two weeks ago. I'm probably never going to see her again until she cares to text me first to hangout. Yeah, I'm probably a butthole, right?

It only happens to me whenever I make a move. I'm not whining, but that's the way it is. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Probably didn't give emotional connection despite having two first double dates (Yeah, that was a problem and it was her choice) before even giving me a chance to take her out one on one. At least, she was being upfront through text.

Last edited by An0nym0us88; 10-17-2013 at 08:45 PM..

Old 10-17-2013, 08:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I rather be something than nothing to a person that I liked.

I mean, it's said the best person to marry is your BEST FRIEND.

Man or woman, it's better to be in the friend zone than in the "creepy weird person" zone.

Besides being in the romantic relationship, the friend zone is the safest place to be.

If you like being taken advantage of, then so be it.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post

I really hate to say this on the forum, but I just got friendzoned yesterday after making a move. She did say she would hangout anyway, but in a friend way. She didn't want to be in a relationship right now. I only knew her since two weeks ago. I'm probably never going to see her again until she cares to text me first to hangout. Yeah, I'm probably a butthole, right?

It only happens to me whenever I make a move. I'm not whining, but that's the way it is. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Probably didn't give emotional connection despite having two first double dates (Yeah, that was a problem and it was her choice) before even giving me a chance to take her out one on one. At least, she was being upfront through text.
If it took you two weeks to make a move you're doing it wrong.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If it took you two weeks to make a move you're doing it wrong.
I did make a move on the very first time I met her by asking to go get coffee so I can get to know her, which she accepted. Two days later, she texted back seeing if double date would work at a restaurant then to haunted house, I politely said yes. We all had a blast. Then next week, I asked her if she wants to come over and I can cook dinner for the weekend. She wasn't sure and would let me know. She texted me back and said she had to go out of town for her job. She instead asked me to see a show with her at school along with our mutual couple. This week, I asked her if she wants to hangout sometime this week and she said "Yeah! I will busy until this day" which I was fine for that day, and asked her if we can do it in the evening. She texted me two days later upfront friendzoning me. She said she has a lot on her plate.

She has an awful busy schedule. She teaches two classes at school, works in the labs, and school as a student for something else. I had no choice, but to leave her alone until she text first next time. I'm not expecting that anyway so it is time to move on. Geez, I barely know her, same as for her. It's like a mystery.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I did make a move on the very first time I met her by asking to go get coffee so I can get to know her, which she accepted. Two days later, she texted back seeing if double date would work at a restaurant then to haunted house, I politely said yes. We all had a blast. Then next week, I asked her if she wants to come over and I can cook dinner for the weekend. She wasn't sure and would let me know. She texted me back and said she had to go out of town for her job. She instead asked me to see a show with her at school along with our mutual couple. This week, I asked her if she wants to hangout sometime this week and she said "Yeah! I will busy until this day" which I was fine for that day, and asked her if we can do it in the evening. She texted me two days later upfront friendzoning me. She said she has a lot on her plate.

She has an awful busy schedule. She teaches two classes at school, works in the labs, and school as a student for something else. I had no choice, but to leave her alone until she text first next time. I'm not expecting that anyway so it is time to move on. Geez, I barely know her, same as for her. It's like a mystery.
yeah who knows, but i mean.. im sure you have peeople youve met that are interested in you but you're not interested in them. It just happens sometimes. No big deal

Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
yeah who knows, but i mean.. im sure you have peeople youve met that are interested in you but you're not interested in them. It just happens sometimes. No big deal
Oh yeah, absolutely. I admit that I have friendzoned girls, but I would make an excuse to not date them. Yeah, I should have been upfront with the girls, but they do move on anyway which is good.

I'm sure some of my friends who are girls were interested in me and I didn't even know it. Yeah, that's life.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:

Sorry dude.

I think you did nothing wrong. In my books, the important thing is not to get too invested. 2 weeks is nada. You're gameplan was solid. You'll be over her soon. Guys have to go through rejection.

If it makes you feel better, then vent. It ain't whining.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Sorry dude.

I think you did nothing wrong. In my books, the important thing is not to get too invested. 2 weeks is nada. You're gameplan was solid. You'll be over her soon. Guys have to go through rejection.

If it makes you feel better, then vent. It ain't whining.
yeah he didnt do anything wrong, i thought he waited two weeks to ask the girl out treating her as a friend and was then surprised when she wasn't interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships