Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times

Advertisements

With so many restrictions and requirements ...........good luck.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Is this you? But in female form?

Delusional Man-Child Has Most Incredible List of Dating Requirements

Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 PM

487 posts, read 897,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Soooooo close!!! Until you required he be vegan and not like sports. I don't know anyone like that.
Not vegan. Vegetarian.

Liking sports is okay. I just don't admire guys who watch football 12 hours a week. It seems silly. It's just a damn ball.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
You didn't mention your weight versus height - usually a bad sign...
Do you want kids one day? How soon?
If you do want kids, will you stay at home to raise them, or offload that responsibility to strangers?
What's your race? Do you care about the race of your partner?
How well do you get along with your family? Parents and siblings especially.
Describe your typical weekly workout schedule.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk now Free

I'm 5"3, 98 lbs. Petite.
I am Caucasian, and generally attracted to the same.
I don't want kids.
I get along with my family a bit but stay my distance from them because they have problems.
I walk often, but if I did sit ups and weight lifting, etc., I'd get major abs so I don't do much beyond stretching and walking/hiking.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This might be a long shot - but what city did Weird Science take place in? That might be your best bet!

Why are you looking for your male counterpart? Why not just meet people and see if you hit it off?
Yeah right. Guys NEVER approach me at random. They did a lot back in LA, but never here in Canada. And I'm not going to say something random to a guy just because I'm attracted to him. Online dating makes thins a lot easier, because not only can I tell whether he's attractive, but also if he's looking, and if we have anything in common.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This might be a long shot - but what city did Weird Science take place in? That might be your best bet!

Why are you looking for your male counterpart? Why not just meet people and see if you hit it off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Shermer, Illinois.
Gee thanks, a fictional town!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
have you tried the castro district of sf?
I don't like guys who put their weiner in other guys' booty holes. Not even bi will be acceptable to me.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
My bet is that the OP will be on a forum in ten years: "why cant I find/keep a man ?"
OP, men aren't made out of grocery lists. If you aren't model material, just throw out your criteria now. This mentality that you 'deserve' a man that fits your requirements will basically be your dating pitfall your entire life.

You should learn to get to know people as they are, instead of how you want them to be. I have a feeling my post will be scanned and passed over quickly.
There is a difference in seeking an educated, fit man, vs your 'mate criteria' you listed.
I got to know a man as he is, and guess what, he spends 15 hours a week watching football but won't for the life of him accompany me to a gallery to admire some great art. He also tried to cheat on me every chance he got, and expressed to his friends how much he hates the prospect of staying with a girl for more than two years. Meanwhile my moving to another country and paying ridiculous amount of international tuition for him. Oh, and he does not even try to match, nor does he shave his salt and pepper beard often--when he would be so much more attractive if he did. And thus, I vow to pick the next guy much more gingerly.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
My bet is that the OP will be on a forum in ten years: "why cant I find/keep a man ?"
OP, men aren't made out of grocery lists. If you aren't model material, just throw out your criteria now. This mentality that you 'deserve' a man that fits your requirements will basically be your dating pitfall your entire life.

You should learn to get to know people as they are, instead of how you want them to be. I have a feeling my post will be scanned and passed over quickly.
There is a difference in seeking an educated, fit man, vs your 'mate criteria' you listed.
He's educated, fit, but has pig breath (literally smelling like the dead pig he just ate), and plans to ogle some young meat slabs at the strip club with his pals later tonight, and would be angry if I had a problem with that? No thanks.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,089 times
Many gay men would fit your bill.

A straight man with money & polish you require will be under attack of 22 y.o. females well into his 50s. To resist temptations he must have low libido (is that OK?), low testosterone, potency issues, or he must work too much and have no time for leisure travel etc..

Men are attracted to looks (and multitude of women), you want him to step on his maleness and become a monk just for you. Women are naturally attracted to education, travel, clothes and the rest of euphemisms for you know what. Thus, that poor guy will be the only one making sacrifices in this relationship. What's in it for him? Or you think you have some magic things waiting for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships