Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevalentine1986 View Post
why do some girls only go "half way"?
Maybe because you are arbitrarily putting the "half way" line where -you- want it and are acting confused that other people do not conform to your standards.

It would be like a sportsperson looking down at people watching sport on television and declaring -they- are only going "half way". Why bother watching and reading about sport and not actually play any?

The reason - because each person has their own standards - goals - and "finish lines" that differ from yours and just because it is "half way" to you in no way suggests it was to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
so i've gone on dates with several girls where we do pretty much everything except for sexual intercourse.

we take all our clothes off, we do all types of foreplay, but when i say "i'm going to put a condom on", they stop me and say "no intercourse". and it ends right there. we go to sleep and we don't have sex.

why do girls do this? i'm really confused.

if they are willing to do everything else, why not go ahead and have sexual intercourse?

Probably because 99% of the time they are getting their brains banged out.....BY ANOTHER GUY.

You are just the guy they use to boost their self esteem. As soon as you leave these chicks are most likely on the phone calling their friends with benefits trying to see when he can come over to bang it out. Lot of women play these games with men. Don't fall for the trap.

Let her find some other sucker to play tug-o-war with the panties.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
Playing devils advocate here.

Girl/Guy get naked, fool around and do just about everything but have sex. Guy gives girl an orgasm either orally and with hands.

Girl shuts down the whole thing after she's taken care of, is it ok if the guy gets a little annoyed that he didnt get taken care of?
Sure. Sexual frustration is ... frustrating. That's why you pay attention to what she says and does. I can imagine a scenario where things went farther than she planned but she wants to please him next time, as well as the scenario from The Babysitter with Jonah Hill, where she gets hers, makes some lame excuse and kicks him out.

The first time? Could be no big deal and if nothing else it's good practice. Take things slower next time and see what happens. One instance does not make a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
I understand a lot of times a woman doesn't get to orgasm during sex, but I'm going to call those 2 different things because one is controlled by the girl by shutting things down, and the other isn't controlled by the guy sometimes. So I don't think its a really apples to apples comparison.
Shutting down and going to sleep is a "forget you" move. A good lover enjoys what he is doing.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
so i've gone on dates with several girls where we do pretty much everything except for sexual intercourse.

we take all our clothes off, we do all types of foreplay, but when i say "i'm going to put a condom on", they stop me and say "no intercourse". and it ends right there. we go to sleep and we don't have sex.

if they are willing to do everything else, why not go ahead and have sexual intercourse?
There are worse things to happen than going out with a lady, get naked with her and have foreplay but no sex.

For instance, you could not go on a date with her in the first place. She could friendzone you early on, have to wash her hair that night, have a long sucession of aunts who pass away, suddenly remember they have a boyfriend, spend the entire date texting her friends and tweeting, open the car door at a stop light and make a run for it... or there could be an "awkward silence" in the car that leads her to dump you.

Just saying.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Quote:

They may be deeply conflicted about even the foreplay that is going on, but they feel like they have to do this to "keep" you interested at all, since they are saying no to intercourse. If they are conflicted about sex in general, these are the women who tend not to choose and faithfully use a form of effective birth control. They may be having moral or ethical conflicts about what they are doing. Sometimes a person who is Catholic (for example--they're not the only ones) and very focused on the purity aspect of the religion will have this type of issue.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:34 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There are worse things to happen than going out with a lady, get naked with her and have foreplay but no sex.

For instance, you could not go on a date with her in the first place. She could friendzone you early on, have to wash her hair that night, have a long sucession of aunts who pass away, suddenly remember they have a boyfriend, spend the entire date texting her friends and tweeting, open the car door at a stop light and make a run for it... or there could be an "awkward silence" in the car that leads her to dump you.

Just saying.

And on that thought the guy can simply say don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Oh no she friend zoned me. I'm never gonna be able to get a gf again. If she suddenly remembered she had a bf I wouldn't want her anyway sounds like another **** to me and sure as hell not gf material. If she likes to play mind games then forget it and move on to the next one.

Mod cut: Orphaned.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-05-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
AIDS???

Which has never been an epidemic among heterosexuals ever and never will be.
So what - that does not justify lack of caution even if your figures were accurate and true.

Statistically being knocked down by a car is relatively low in the continuum of ways to die. Does that mean you do not look both ways when you cross the road? Clearly not.

There are many reasons why people would abstain from penatrative sex - from pregnancy to STI to simply choosing to and just because one person views it as going "half way" by his own personal measures in no way suggests that other people do too.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Trust me, these girls who are teasing this dude are definitely getting it on with some other guy.
You have any evidence for this claim or statistics or something? Or are you just making stuff up again?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
I would guess that for the most part, she probably isnt that into you.
When someone is really really turned on, very very seldom will they decide to do nothing. Even if penetration is not on the agenda, typically both people will participate in some form or another.

But if one person stops and does nothing, they either need more 'time', or they are really realizing that they probably already went too far, and were not really ever planning on such activities. For any 1,000,000 reasons.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
You have any evidence for this claim or statistics or something? Or are you just making stuff up again?
The latter.

Why it's so hard to understand that intercourse is something they don't want right away is beyond me.

The OP said they'll do oral. I assume it was reciprocal oral. Soooo... How's that "half way" anyhow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships