Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The approximate minimum you expect a potential husband to make mid career
150K yearly 33 23.91%
100K yearly 22 15.94%
75K yearly 29 21.01%
50K yearly 29 21.01%
$15/hr 6 4.35%
None 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree with this. I think this poll misses the point about what many women find attractive when it comes to success. I'll just speak for myself and say that I never thought at all about how much someone made or what their earning potential was. When I was engaged to my ex - I figured that if we decided to have children, I'd probably be the one that would have to find a higher paying job and put my performing career on hold for awhile if I wasn't where I wanted to be by the time we had children - if we decided to have children. He was a guitar player - a really good one - but I felt that I had the higher earning potential for a "day" job type job if it came down to it. And I was okay with that. This didn't have anything to do with why I broke up with him. So, personally, what I find attractive isn't the dollars and cents - it's ambition, skill, and confidence. Those attributes often lead to someone being monetarily successful - but it's not the money that is the attraction. When I started dating my husband, we were on tour with a show together - I was a performer and he was on the stage crew. During one of the shows, something broke down and had to be fixed as quickly as possible. Everyone was running around and my husband took control, told people what to do, and got things moving along. I thought it was incredibly sexy. Furthermore, my husband has been way more successful than either one of us imagined he would be. He's at the top of his field right now and I am SOOOOO proud of him - and I tell him so all the time. I'm so grateful that he's able to provide for us and that I'm able to be a stay at home mom. I didn't plan on being a stay at home mom - I didn't know if I would want to get back to work quickly after having children or not - but I love that we had the choice. We are both really happy with our life right now. Oh - and I also love that he thinks I'm hot!

But I could be wrong. Maybe most women do just lust after the almighty dollar. All I can say is that I'm not one of them.
I do believe most females feel that way and that is why it is so hard to date when your stuck a dead end job with no real upward mobility . It is It is extremely degrading to admit to females yea i put boxes on shelves for a living to a woman that is about sexy as two girls one cup.

I am so glad i currently working on getting my degree I will feel like i am going some wear in life.

the field i am getting into pays good but if your doing it for the money you will not last long .

My main source of inspiration to become a nurse comes from an innate desire to help people and care for them in times of need. I am also a person who thrives on being challenged and I always have new goals to achieve, so nursing suits me as few other careers offer as much diversity and learning opportunities. I am a caring, empathetic, calm, patient, flexible, a good listener, and like to help people. Also i can take charge when needed to .

Also I would like to work in pediatrics if i had my pick .I've always been good with children and enjoyed my interactions with them. I think that child care would be rewarding and fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
See I wouldn't have a problem if a woman made more than me, but if she tried to throw it in my face every time we had a argument or she thought that she was going to run things because she made more money, I would kick her to the curb. I don't care how much money she makes I'm always going to be the man in the relationship.
yea but if your married and have kids it not that easy to say see you later. It is a lot more complicated than walking away.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I do believe most females feel that way and that is why it is so hard to date when your stuck a dead end job with no real upward mobility . It is It is extremely degrading to admit to females yea i put boxes on shelves for a living to a woman that is about sexy as two girls one cup.

I am so glad i currently working on getting my degree I will feel like i am going some wear in life.

the field i am getting into pays good but if your doing it for the money you will not last long .

My main source of inspiration to become a nurse comes from an innate desire to help people and care for them in times of need. I am also a person who thrives on being challenged and I always have new goals to achieve, so nursing suits me as few other careers offer as much diversity and learning opportunities. I am a caring, empathetic, calm, patient, flexible, a good listener, and like to help people. Also i can take charge when needed to .

Also I would like to work in pediatrics if i had my pick .I've always been good with children and enjoyed my interactions with them. I think that child care would be rewarding and fun.

I have no idea what that is intended to mean.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:

How can you afford that? I can't afford to go to school.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How can you afford that? I can't afford to go to school.
I just make it work and find a way to pay for college.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:41 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
yea but if your married and have kids it not that easy to say see you later. It is a lot more complicated than walking away.
Im pretty sure that type of attitude from a woman will have reared its ugly way before marraige and kids. Which is also why you don't just jump into marriage.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:29 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,381 times
Quote:
um you better care to a point do you really want to be eating out of garbage cans or going to the food bank every week? It sure does not look like fun it sad more than anything.

It is not fun having 200 hundred vocation hours but can not go anywhere so why take them? What sit at home and go this is cool and stay home in my apartment and just get drunk to pass the time?
Your drunkness is showing.

Why don't you take that money you spend on alcohol and save it towards a vacation?

Old 03-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Your drunkness is showing.

Why don't you take that money you spend on alcohol and save it towards a vacation?
I do not drink ant more just the occasional drink of red wine with dinner . I rather spent money on college then go on vacation.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM

31,079 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
So, you are a millionaire who lives in the ghetto?
Touche'. I'll take the bet and win 99% of the time on the chance that a person is a Millionaire that lives in Beverly hill vs. the person who lives in any Ghetto.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
So, you are a millionaire who lives in the ghetto?
No, he's just a bad lawyer who can't get his clients out of paying alimony, ROFL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships