Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The approximate minimum you expect a potential husband to make mid career
150K yearly 33 23.91%
100K yearly 22 15.94%
75K yearly 29 21.01%
50K yearly 29 21.01%
$15/hr 6 4.35%
None 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
I have seen some of your other post and tbh, it looks like you drunk post sometimes.
LOL I could not drink and work and go to college it would not work one had to go and I do not miss it at all. Also drinking 4 to 5 fifths a week by your self is not good for ones body . At the time i needed it to get through life waking up going to work and going home drink ones self to sleep .

Now seeing i only get 25 to 30 hours of sleep a week my post some times sound drunk. I am sure 18 to 20 hour days do not help but you got to do what you got to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
If the guy is good looking and can lay it down in the bedroom than all of these women income requirement rules go out the window. Many of these ladies would probably be paying the guys bills if he gives it to them good enough.
I think I pointed this out before. If the guy is really good looking or can lay it down most women would not care about his employment or career and will do whatever to be in a relationship with a guy that is good looking but also broke. For some of these women being with a good looking man even though he is broke is like winning the lottery. I see this a lot up here in NY especially in poor neighborhoods with working class women with broke uneducated men, but also in gentry areas with career minded women dating artistic creative men who have no real income either. To be honest it was really a huge eye opener for me that plenty of women money is not an issue when it comes to dating and relationships initially. The problem is that down the road money becomes an issue when relationships progress like living together, having kids or even marriage.

I know of a guy who is on SSI, really good looking fella too, his girlfriend is not so good looking either but she has a good job, she does not mind that he works for now, he even cheats on his girlfriend from time to time. Sad part is that this woman turned down plenty of decent guys who are average looking and have jobs. I know of another sad story about a woman seeing two guys, one guy who is decent with a good job, but not so attractive and bought her a 500 dollar purse from Louis Vuitton as a present, a week later she goes to Louis Vuitton store with a different guy that she likes who is very attractive but at the same time broke, degenerate and high school dropout. She goes there with the guy she likes so that he can pick out the handbag for her while she buys it with her own money. Even my best friends girlfriend told me that my friend is very attractive and she really loves him, she admitted that he cheats on her, but he is good looking guy. She also admitted that she does not want to have babies for him because he does not earn any money and has no real lifelong goals. Some of these guys who are in these types of relationships also see other women on the side too because they don't work and have free time. And I agree these women will be paying bills, food, video games for these guys. I hope these women are smart enough to end the relationship with a broke good looking guy if they want a baby or marriage.

In todays time your average woman does not want an average man that has average income or average looks. in some cases its either your good looking, or have money. The above average guy can still cheat, but the average woman will still be happy. Average men are screwed these days in America except for those who live in laidback areas. Its time to get the passport and take a trip to Brazil and play Butt conga or sex journey in Bangkok or Phuket Thailand.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-17-2014 at 03:38 AM..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times
I make minimum wage right now but I'm working on certifications etc. I may at some point make six figures...if I do, and women are suddenly interested in me, they will be ignored. I want a girlfriend, not a prostitute.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:41 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - that mentality is not appealing to me at all but to each their own. As long as you are happy with your life - that's all that matters but it sounds like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.
I doubt he would be on the radar of any gold digger to even to have to hide his hundred dollar bills in his smelly socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
If the guy is good looking and can lay it down in the bedroom than all of these women income requirement rules go out the window. Many of these ladies would probably be paying the guys bills if he gives it to them good enough.
It happens.
I have a friend who had a boyfriend who was a poor good looking young guy that she took care of. She never bragged about his sexual prowess but I would have to agree he was a good looking guy. He was also incapable of taking care of himself which was pretty pathetic. When we went out as a group she would always pay his tab. Most of us felt pretty embarrassed for the both of them. They lasted about 9 months and he had another sugar momma lined up before they split. Was this a great experience for her? Not likely since she doesn't look back with good memories when she talks about him.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-17-2014 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I make minimum wage right now but I'm working on certifications etc. I may at some point make six figures...if I do, and women are suddenly interested in me, they will be ignored. I want a girlfriend, not a prostitute.
I realize that the trend is now for people to marry later in life, as opposed to right out of college anymore.

But one benefit of marrying young in the past was that a couple could grow together in all ways, including financially as they advanced into their careers together.

Good for you for working on making yourself as employable as possible in a field in which you can advance and earn more over time.

Just don't make the mistake of buying into the notion that women only care about your bank account. If you do that you'll be truly paranoid to the point of not having a woman in your life at all

What the majority of them care MORE about is what your work ethic is and how driven you are to live up to your full potential.

Believe it or not, THAT is either a big turn on or a big turn off for women.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
LOL I could not drink and work and go to college it would not work one had to go and I do not miss it at all. Also drinking 4 to 5 fifths a week by your self is not good for ones body . At the time i needed it to get through life waking up going to work and going home drink ones self to sleep .

Now seeing i only get 25 to 30 hours of sleep a week my post some times sound drunk. I am sure 18 to 20 hour days do not help but you got to do what you got to do.
Hm...I'm not sure being sleep deprived is the only thing going on here...

Old 03-18-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I think I pointed this out before. If the guy is really good looking or can lay it down most women would not care about his employment or career and will do whatever to be in a relationship with a guy that is good looking but also broke. For some of these women being with a good looking man even though he is broke is like winning the lottery. I see this a lot up here in NY especially in poor neighborhoods with working class women with broke uneducated men, but also in gentry areas with career minded women dating artistic creative men who have no real income either. To be honest it was really a huge eye opener for me that plenty of women money is not an issue when it comes to dating and relationships initially. The problem is that down the road money becomes an issue when relationships progress like living together, having kids or even marriage.

I know of a guy who is on SSI, really good looking fella too, his girlfriend is not so good looking either but she has a good job, she does not mind that he works for now, he even cheats on his girlfriend from time to time. Sad part is that this woman turned down plenty of decent guys who are average looking and have jobs. I know of another sad story about a woman seeing two guys, one guy who is decent with a good job, but not so attractive and bought her a 500 dollar purse from Louis Vuitton as a present, a week later she goes to Louis Vuitton store with a different guy that she likes who is very attractive but at the same time broke, degenerate and high school dropout. She goes there with the guy she likes so that he can pick out the handbag for her while she buys it with her own money. Even my best friends girlfriend told me that my friend is very attractive and she really loves him, she admitted that he cheats on her, but he is good looking guy. She also admitted that she does not want to have babies for him because he does not earn any money and has no real lifelong goals. Some of these guys who are in these types of relationships also see other women on the side too because they don't work and have free time. And I agree these women will be paying bills, food, video games for these guys. I hope these women are smart enough to end the relationship with a broke good looking guy if they want a baby or marriage.

In todays time your average woman does not want an average man that has average income or average looks. in some cases its either your good looking, or have money. The above average guy can still cheat, but the average woman will still be happy. Average men are screwed these days in America except for those who live in laidback areas. Its time to get the passport and take a trip to Brazil and play Butt conga or sex journey in Bangkok or Phuket Thailand.
Don't make this a NYC thing dude and you really don't want to make me take my hoops and heels off! Just because your female friends are stupid about the men they choose doesn't mean it's the norm for most women.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Hm...I'm not sure being sleep deprived is the only thing going on here...
low self esteem and depression on top of never feeling good enough sure does not help .

Old 03-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
low self esteem and depression on top of never feeling good enough sure does not help .
You need to snap out of it. For real. There is so much going on in the world. Get out and enjoy it. I'm being serious. I don't know what your reasons are for feeling the way you do, I don't know anything about you, but I do know that everyone has things they have to deal with in their own lives. I do. But, I also choose to LIVE my life despite all the crap I have to deal with.

I don't get the low self esteem thing?

Old 03-18-2014, 01:37 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
This should be interesting. Although I find this one of those things were women say one thing and do another. If the woman really likes you she will over look how much money you make.
Umm, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships