Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The approximate minimum you expect a potential husband to make mid career
150K yearly 33 23.91%
100K yearly 22 15.94%
75K yearly 29 21.01%
50K yearly 29 21.01%
$15/hr 6 4.35%
None 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:27 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Umm, no.
Um yes, what I've seen with my own eyes. Plus just read through the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
You need to snap out of it. For real. There is so much going on in the world. Get out and enjoy it. I'm being serious. I don't know what your reasons are for feeling the way you do, I don't know anything about you, but I do know that everyone has things they have to deal with in their own lives. I do. But, I also choose to LIVE my life despite all the crap I have to deal with.

I don't get the low self esteem thing?
If it was only that easy to be happy all the time. I wish it was like flipping a switch and acting like life is great . The truth is i am 30 with noting to show for it my life almost over and there are things i want to do still. I have to get college done first in order to do the things i want to do .

It is college degree or bust for me there is so much riding on me getting a degree and a good i like and are passionate about . With out it there goes ever having a GF/ wife , kids , a house , go on vacations and have any fun.

Working retail is not good enough to feed a family on I would have to get a second job then never see them .

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Don't make this a NYC thing dude and you really don't want to make me take my hoops and heels off! Just because your female friends are stupid about the men they choose doesn't mean it's the norm for most women.
His NYC and my NYC are two completely different places.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
If it was only that easy to be happy all the time. I wish it was like flipping a switch and acting like life is great . The truth is i am 30 with noting to show for it my life almost over and there are things i want to do still. I have to get college done first in order to do the things i want to do .

It is college degree or bust for me there is so much riding on me getting a degree and a good i like and are passionate about . With out it there goes ever having a GF/ wife , kids , a house , go on vacations and have any fun.

Working retail is not good enough to feed a family on I would have to get a second job then never see them .
So not true. I knew a guy working a typical $10/hr job. He had a gf. They got married. They had a kid. He quit his job because he made less than daycare and became a SAHD. His wife made the money and continued to work. They had vacations, nice ones too, and eventually had a second kid. He did a side job, but nothing to really make money, more of a hobby. He's super happy.

Granted though, he also doesn't have an ego about having to be the one that brings home the bacon. And too many men have that ego problem. If she's fine with you and your retail job and/or becoming a SAHD, who cares what you make or don't make.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,097 times
$100K plus nice. What makes it even more special is if you marry him making much less and with your love and support he is able to achieve that income.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
This should be interesting. Although I find this one of those things were women say one thing and do another. If the woman really likes you she will over look how much money you make.
Some major bullshyt right here... she'll overlook you for a bit, enough to kick the tires and take it for a spin or two, but I think at the end of the day, for a real LTR/marriage a decent salary has to come into play at some point. Whether women want to admit it or not.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some major bullshyt right here... she'll overlook you for a bit, enough to kick the tires and take it for a spin or two, but I think at the end of the day, for a real LTR/marriage a decent salary has to come into play at some point. Whether women want to admit it or not.
Some will, some won't. Nothing new about that (the fact that not all women want a man only if he makes decent money).

Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:

Dude, how's your life almost over at 30? You have another 60 years to go, maybe more! Make the most of it.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 03-18-2014 at 09:37 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 09:35 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Don't even bother looking at me unless you're making at least 300k.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 PM

867 posts, read 909,683 times
Quote:

Can I suggest an alternative to college? How about a skilled trade? Some trades start out around $80,000. Here is a link in case you are interested:

Universal Technical Institute (UTI) | Automotive & Mechanic Training School & Education

The reason I write that is because there are plenty of college grads who can't find a job or have to go even further to college such as law school or medical school to get a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships