Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,763,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You may have a point.

But, the OP stated: "Three dates and no sex, should I dump her? At least she paid for some of the dates".

Would you like your daughter to date this guy?
I assume we're talking about a grown woman who doesn't need her mom's opinion or intervention in her sex life. I think he's being hasty, and I think the idea that he's cutting anything off (the gravy train of one free dinner?) is pretty silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,367,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I assume we're talking about a grown woman who doesn't need her mom's opinion or intervention in her sex life. I think he's being hasty, and I think the idea that he's cutting anything off (the gravy train of one free dinner?) is pretty silly.
I think grown women and young women should have the same expectations of men. However, I can see how both men and women lower expectations as they get older.

This is me: If I truly enjoy the company of a woman I don't count dates or dollars regarding sex. And I will date her again if I truly like her.

If I feel she is not into me then I stop dating her. But, this has nothing to do with intercourse or number of dates. I will not date a woman that is not into me.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
I don't get what's with these "rules" I see so much around here. In real life I've never heard guys say something like "3 dates and no sex she's out." Just can't recall a single time I've heard that. I'm not saying it hasn't happend, but I just can't recall it.

There seems to be all kinds of "rules" nowadays... I wonder if the PUA nonsense is part of the reason??

Silly me, I always thought you just had some dates, hung out together, had a good time and if things progressed that way then you had sex.....

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,859,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't get what's with these "rules" I see so much around here. In real life I've never heard guys say something like "3 dates and no sex she's out." Just can't recall a single time I've heard that. I'm not saying it hasn't happend, but I just can't recall it.

There seems to be all kinds of "rules" nowadays... I wonder if the PUA nonsense is part of the reason??

Silly me, I always thought you just had some dates, hung out together, had a good time and if things progressed that way then you had sex.....
I don't think I ever really kept track. It just happened when it did. Sometimes, much more than three dates, sometimes...much...less...

Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,367,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Exactly!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,860,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Exactly she will move on. No guy deserves sex. Dating and sharing the bill, sure.Developing a mutual respect for each other is key.

Op she made out with you, she wants you but sex is a big thing to some women.
If you really can't wait you aren't ready for a relationship. You just want to hump and dump. Women can see this.

Bingo.

I'm all for good sex and lots of it in a relationship. But when did this common expectation of sex by the 3rd date begin?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,057,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Bingo.

I'm all for good sex and lots of it in a relationship. But when did this common expectation of sex by the 3rd date begin?
I'd say it takes two to tango! If this expectation of sex by some men is working, then some women are participating. Not sure which came first. Doesn't really matter. Its a good thing, though, if someone figures out really early on that he/she isn't going to be a good match.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 AM

31,135 posts, read 22,180,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Bingo.

It's imbedded in the male brain by the time you are 5 yo. I believe Moses started it

Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,860,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I don't think you want a relationship. I suggest you use the "Pay as you go" method. Hire a hooker, no wining, dining, or let downs.

Excellent advice!

Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's imbedded in the male brain by the time you are 5 yo. I believe Moses started it
I think the desire was there since Moses, the expectation is a newer thing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships