Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM

599 posts, read 694,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
What's location got to do with it? There's a crap ton of single dads (it takes two), pick a closer one... or just make the time. He has to do the same. That's the crux of having kids. Deal with it. 99.9% of us guys without kids don't want to raise your kids or work around your compromised lifestyle. When (of if) we do want to make that compromise, we will with our OWN marriage and children.

I really haven't seen a whole crap of single dads as compared to single moms, where they at? Are many of these single mom bashers under the age of 30, must be. Because your pickings will be slim after a certain age. And really 99.9%, where do you get your figures? And we single moms are not desperate for any man, i won't compromise either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
There's three possible scenarios for a single mom.

1. She is such a horrible person that the guy messed up, entered into a relationship with her and had a child. Why would I want her?

2. She messed up and entered into a relationship, and had a child with some idiot. Great judge of people there. I have to really question her decision making. Was she just blinded into wanted to have a child that she ignored all else?

3. She's a widow. I think this tends to be the least common, but not impossible scenario.

Now, let's say that I did want children for some reason. Why would I want to jump into someone else's half started life? I'm somehow expected to give up (a) the the decision a couple makes to have a child, (b) the birth of said child, and (c) the early parts of that childhood. It's already mentioned that "replacement dad" will always come second, which is in no way, shape, or form appealing. Every traditional family I've been witness to always had both parents on equal footing in this regard. There was no "second tier" parent.

So single moms?

Attachment 127745
Yes everybody has a right to their opinions and for you dating a single mom is totally out of the question, a total no,no, that's great.

You 1-3 list is not right. You must live in utopia. Have you never had a relationship that didn't work out? You must be perfect, so why are you single?

Old 03-30-2014, 03:17 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,050,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
I really haven't seen a whole crap of single dads as compared to single moms, where they at? Are many of these single mom bashers under the age of 30, must be. Because your pickings will be slim after a certain age. And really 99.9%, where do you get your figures? And we single moms are not desperate for any man, i won't compromise either.
That's because a whole slew of "single dads", have absolutely nothing to do with their children. I would suspect they do not even tell dates that they have children.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
That's because a whole slew of "single dads", have absolutely nothing to do with their children. I would suspect they do not even tell dates that they have children.
So what makes a single dad a "single dad". I thought a single parent is the sole provider and custodial parent for the child. So those dads who have absolutely nothing with their children are called dead beat dads.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,667,333 times
I would only date women with children. I have them, and they would seem unrelatable if in their mid 30s or older if they didn't have them.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I knew a guy who was a single dad that refused to date single moms. I always thought that was weird, but the guy was a stage five d-bag.
I've come across that a lot. The irony is they claim it's because of drama but they have drama too!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
In most cases, the problem isn't that they don't like single mothers. The problem is they don't like children.
The reason I don't date dads isn't because of the kids. I enjoy kids, I work with them. I just hate baby mamas and drama and the financial aspects.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
First of all, i'm not begging for a childless man to date me. They can clearly see on the dating website i have a kid and I am upfront and honest about it. My thing is why even approach me or contact me if you don't like kids anyway, knowing that I have a kid. And i'm tired of hearing most men saying that single moms are undateable, sluts, trashy, loose, financially unstable, looking for a meal ticket, pump and dump and just undesirable. I think those views influence other men not to date single moms when in fact they have no clue about what kind of person I am.
People who think all single moms are trash are idiots. I don't think that at all unless the single mom has a bunch of out of wedlock babies and unemployed then yes I do. I don't know why they approach you if they don't date single moms, they probably think you are pretty. I can't speak for guys, since I'm not one but I do understand childless people not dating parents because it's a different lifestyle.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I agree with you. Seems it's fine to bash single moms but single dads often get off scot free. I've come in contact with a lot of loser dads who have little to do with their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
This is true. Deadbeats are low and at least when it comes to single moms, most are honest about it and raising the kid while dad abandoned them.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM

30,911 posts, read 37,055,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
And C-D folks say there is no stigma about being a single mom.

Let's see... We just reviewed:
  • dealing with another man's child
  • awkward morning after
  • don't like kids
  • inconvenient to your agenda
You all are welcome to your opinions and what not; I'm just pointing out that the stigma does exist. And, seemingly, only applies to single moms.
Of course it exists. How could it not?

The reality is that men are the less flexible of the species. Women are more willing to put up with BS, and there are probably more women willing to be with a guy with kids than the other way around. And, as another poster said, there are a lot of men out there who have nothing to do with their kids (which I find absolutely criminal.)

It's not fair. But it is what it is.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 03-30-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships