Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,761,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Why do you want to have children?
I want to accept and raise a family. The joy and happiness of raising a family is something I believe I would be very good at and something I seek to do in the future. It's pretty much going to happen, it's more of a when at this point.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,675,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I want to accept and raise a family. The joy and happiness of raising a family is something I believe I would be very good at and something I seek to do in the future. It's pretty much going to happen, it's more of a when at this point.
Why would you be good at raising a family, and why wouldn't you want a wife to be a part of your family?

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 04-21-2014 at 11:50 AM..

Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,192,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
Wow, what another ringing endorsement of marriage. "If you don't, she'll cut you out of your children's lives."
You can read it like that or you can think how "just a piece of paper" provides each partner the legal protection they need.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Why would you be good at it?
I'm great with kids, I love to interact with them and I'm a very trustworthy person. If I say I'm going to do something I do it. I'm successful in life and I believe I have the tools necessary to be very happy raising a family. On top of all that, I believe I do not need to be married to do so. BUT, if at a point in time came where the woman of my children did want to get married then I would most likely do so. It would depend on the situation of course, but like I said it would be a change from the start.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 AM

718 posts, read 601,570 times
Quote:
Then do it. Cripes, 16 f'ing pages on this and counting. If you find a woman who would go along with this, get everything in writing, legally by a lawyer, to protect the child. Make sure you also have a will and the other necessary things in case something happens to either of you. I suggested pages back to:

1) Adopt
2) Surrogacy
3) Get a dog, they're forever 5 year old's and lots of fun.

You're hell bent on doing this, then do it! Make sure you've got everything covered so the child is cared for, period. Good luck! You don't seem like a bad guy and I see now, you will "entertain" the idea of marriage if the woman brings it up at some point. Have a ring on hand, it's going to come up. Much quicker then you'll be ready for.

Last edited by photogal9; 04-21-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,492,535 times
Quote:
I question the motive for some women when it comes to marriage. I believe some think of it as a status symbol. Although a major turnoff to me, that isn't what this thread is about.
Just to be clear, I am not judging you as immoral for not wanting to marry. If you are as suspicious of women's motives as you say you are, then you probably shouldn't marry.

I am just making a practical point. Whatever you say your reasons for not wanting to marry are, women are likely to draw their own conclusions. And the conclusion most women are going to draw is that you want an easy escape. No matter how many years of her life a woman might invest in you, you sound like you want to be able to walk away any time you want, owing her nothing and never having to look back. That is just not a win/win scenario for the woman, the few women are going to go for it.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Just to be clear, I am not judging you as immoral for not wanting to marry. If you are as suspicious of women's motives as you say you are, then you probably shouldn't marry.

I am just making a practical point. Whatever you say your reasons for not wanting to marry are, women are likely to draw their own conclusions. And the conclusion most women are going to draw is that you want an easy escape. No matter how many years of her life a woman might invest in you, you sound like you want to be able to walk away any time you want, owing her nothing and never having to look back. That is just not a win/win scenario for the woman, the few women are going to go for it.
This is a rather interesting observation, mainly because I have made no hint at leaving her or making it a quick/easy means of egress from the relationship. They are never easy. The same scenario can be said for the man as well, which I find troublesome because most of these posts about being negative for the woman are written from a woman's perspective.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:36 PM

54 posts, read 42,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You can read it like that or you can think how "just a piece of paper" provides each partner the legal protection they need.
Right.......unless you're the man.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM

54 posts, read 42,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouster12 View Post
Then do it. Cripes, 16 f'ing pages on this and counting. If you find a woman who would go along with this, get everything in writing, legally by a lawyer, to protect the child. Make sure you also have a will and the other necessary things in case something happens to either of you. I suggested pages back to:

1) Adopt
2) Surrogacy
3) Get a dog, they're forever 5 year old's and lots of fun.

You're hell bent on doing this, then do it! Make sure you've got everything covered so the child is cared for, period. Good luck! You don't seem like a bad guy and I see now, you will "entertain" the idea of marriage if the woman brings it up at some point. Have a ring on hand, it's going to come up. Much quicker then you'll be ready for.
"Find a woman to go along with this.."?!?!?! You do realize that 50% of children are born out of wedlock, do you not?

Sheesh...

Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,492,535 times
Quote:
This is a rather interesting observation, mainly because I have made no hint at leaving her or making it a quick/easy means of egress from the relationship. They are never easy. The same scenario can be said for the man as well, which I find troublesome because most of these posts about being negative for the woman are written from a woman's perspective.
And I believe you when you say leaving her would not be your intention. I am just saying a lot of women might not believe you. It is just too risky for them to take on faith that you mean what you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships