Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:28 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,170,773 times

Advertisements

I would leave him. That's just me. That seems really odd, especially adding the fact that you were invited the first time, but not THIS time.

I can't imagine not inviting my SO on a trip with me like that.

At the end of the day, he wants this type of relationship (freedom to vacation with females), and you do not. This has the potential to cause even more serious issues if you were thinking about marriage. People can sit here all day and say what's right or wrong, but the fact is that this relationship isn't working for you. If you don't want your boyfriend going on vacation with two females while he DOESN'T want you coming, well then you shouldn't accept that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 07:04 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,325,033 times
Given all you've written here, this sort of situation would not be okay with me. You asked to come along and take a fun trip and meet his friends and he refused.

Does not bode well.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,081,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opiniongirl View Post
So far, not so good. Seems like he did not consider bringing me along because deep inside he is still immature and wants to play the single game.
This ^^^.

He does not want you to come because you would cramp his style.

Which means he is not in love with you.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:47 AM

137 posts, read 273,428 times
I'd dump him.

Not because he's vacationing with 2 females, but because he KNOWS you'd enjoy it and he's still not including you in it....just expecting you to eat those feelings.

Don't make yourself miserable. Break up with him before he goes, and plan something fun for yourself around the same time.

If you guys love and miss each other after he returns, you can always consider getting back together then.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:51 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,660,827 times
When he comes back from his vacation tell him you wanted to have a 4 way with the girls and your BF but since you were not invited you didn't want to be pushy and invite yourself.haha

Old 07-05-2014, 02:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a tough one to call. It could be on the level, but if so, why doesn't he want you there? You sound like a nice person, welcoming that other girl, giving her and your bf the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what else to tell you.
I did answer this question Ruth - there is just the real possibility that he doesn't want to change the dynamic of the existing group.

Not everyone believes in "the more the merrier".

And things DO change (sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse and sometimes just for the different) when a member of an existing friendship tries to include their new significant other.

There is nothing wrong with people keeping their existing friendships when they enter a new romantic relationship and not all friends now have to become the couples friends.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:09 PM

377 posts, read 533,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Absolute complete and totally BS. I have had many female friends and do not or have not ever wanted to have sex with them. Like NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not all horny dogs wanting to mate with any female that comes along. If you are, then don't assume everyone else is.
And non of them are attractive to you? You only are friends with unattractive women? If they are attractive, then you are lying to yourself. Either you are in denial that you don't, or in denial that you are gay. I don't assume anything, I just know what I have experienced, or have been told by women, and all of them tell me that all their guy friends would sleep with them if they allowed it...I know a lot of women, this isn't just a couple of girls that I work with. I don't have those types of conversations with people that I work with. If you can be friends with an attractive woman, without wanting to have sex with her, then you are a tiny minority..or like all guys who say that same thing are not being honest, they are fronting. It's laughable when I see women say they couldn't believe that their male friend had those feeling for them...LOL, what a joke, why would he be around, if he didn't.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,170,773 times
Get two of the hottest guys you know and plan a weekend away. See how he feels.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 PM

40 posts, read 63,225 times
Thank you for all your responses!
Interestingly, we almost got another topic- can men and women be only friends? Or think only like friends? I am pretty sure this has been discussed under other headings but...
in my opinion, they can be just friends; but best friends- never... because in such a case, at least one of the parties is attracted to another. For example, a woman can treat a guy like her best friend, but the guy will have the hots for her for sure. Not necessarily he will act upon it, but fantasize for sure. (and vice versa.) For that is a part of our human nature - we are attracted to someone, and if we are attracted so much to become so close, the attraction would have to be both mental and physical. Women and men best friends is just sex on hold.
At least for one parties. Who will do anything to be so close to the other.
I have good male friends; but my firm belief is that my best male friend can only be my partner.
If, in my boyfriend's case, he is not thinking to cheat consciously, but still for some reason wants to guard me from meeting the girls (yet, still thinking of them as friends), he is keeping a protective perimeter around them to be able to have some self-validation that he is still desirable/ attractive to other girls.
In that case, is mild flirtation with other people healthy to a relationship?
Am I making any sense here?...

Old 07-06-2014, 02:13 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,853,450 times
move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships