Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:38 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
What do you mean by insecurity? My insecurity/lack of trust in him?
I hope it's ok I give you some objective feedback. If on the 3rd date with any woman, they didn't let me pick them up, I would wonder about them.

1. They don't trust me?
2. They are cheating on their SO
3. They are hiding something at their house they don't want me to see?

I am not implying any of these with you, but do see how that could be perceived?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 08:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I don't recall ever dating a stranger - but I can understand why someone would need more than 3 dates to trust someone enough to give them their home address. However, regardless of that, it would totally turn me off for someone to be so pushy and not respect my feelings.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:42 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Yes, which may be a sign that maybe you do not trust him, in which case you should let him know it isn't working out. After the first date you should have a better understanding of the individual. IF you aren't comfortable letting him know that knowledge then perhaps it's best to part ways. I like dating people I feel comfortable with, especially after the first date.
You can get some understanding of a person on the first date, but by no means do you have a full sense of who somebody is after the first date. Even the most intuitive person can miss things on a first date. It's only one date - some people can hide who they really are for quite some time.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I am not implying any of these with you, but do see how that could be perceived?
I do. But frankly, I don't care how it's being perceived by the other person. My priority is my boundaries, and if I'm feeling uneasy, I am not concerned if my discomfort is hurting another person's feelings.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:53 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I do. But frankly, I don't care how it's being perceived by the other person. My priority is my boundaries, and if I'm feeling uneasy, I am not concerned if my discomfort is hurting another person's feelings.
I agree with everything you said. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
He probably thought that you might be trying to hide something,,,,,,,like a husband or kids.
That's what I'm thinking too- in fact on many lists of "Is your guy/girl a Cheater" this exact scenario rates right up there-

ON THE OTHER HAND I totally understand your reasoning and applaud you for your high standards. Much better to be safe than .............whatever

Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
For me, there is an age factor.

A guy in his teens who does not understand enough about women's intelligent reactions to safety issues in society, well, he is just young and doesn't know yet.

But a guy who is 30 or above and doesn't get this stuff -- either he has never had a close female friend, lover, or relative, or he has some political point to prove, or he has control issues. None of which are things I want to get involved with. I just want to have fun .

Old 11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
For me, there is an age factor.

A guy in his teens who does not understand enough about women's intelligent reactions to safety issues in society, well, he is just young and doesn't know yet.

But a guy who is 30 or above and doesn't get this stuff -- either he has never had a close female friend, lover, or relative, or he has some political point to prove, or he has control issues. None of which are things I want to get involved with. I just want to have fun .
And women complain about sexism....

Old 11-01-2014, 09:43 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
I can see why the OP wasn't into the guy picking her up. Another thread on CD clued me in that some men think entry into the girls home equals agreement to have sex.

Maybe that's why he insisted so much.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
And women complain about sexism....
I don't understand how you can make this into a gender thing.

It's the same thing with women -- young girls might not know certain things about the problems men face, but women with some life experience should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships