Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

So I guess if this female gunner who just killed bad guys is 18, dewdroplet would say she is still a child. To me that isn't a child. That's a woman.
Yes, I would still consider her a child. A child that has seen action and killed bad guys.

I think you really need to get over how I see things. I'm not trying to push my views on anyone else unlike you. I'm not trying to get YOU to see them as children. I'm simply saying that this is how I see them. What is wrong with you?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,072,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes, I would still consider her a child. A child that has seen action and killed bad guys.
Well, what would it take for her to be an adult, in your estimation? She made a decision that someone's life had to be taken away, and she took that life. If she wasn't mature before joined the Army, she is now.

Quote:
I'm not trying to push my views on anyone else unlike you.
Sure you are. In the context of this discussion you are. If neither of us cared about our opinions or wanted to share them with the other we wouldn't be on this web site talking about it.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And ultimately you've never had a relationship so all of this is mere speculation.
I've also never had feelings for someone who is 18.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Well, what would it take for her to be an adult, in your estimation? She made a decision that someone's life had to be taken away, and she took that life. If she wasn't mature before joined the Army...
Let me ask you this, have you parented an 18 year old? Have you dated an 18 year old?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Well, what would it take for her to be an adult, in your estimation? She made a decision that someone's life had to be taken away, and she took that life. If she wasn't mature before joined the Army, she is now.

Sure you are. In the context of this discussion you are. If neither of us cared about our opinions or wanted to share them with the other we wouldn't be on this web site talking about it.
No, I'm not. Not in the context of this discussion, not on the web site, not in real life, not anywhere. I don't care how other people feel about 18 year olds. I simply view them as children. Can you please LET IT GO. Stop talking about me in other posts. Stop trying to change my mind. Stop trying to guilt me into saying that I would sleep with an 18 year old. Stop. Just stop. This is my opinion. You aren't going to change it by trying to bully me, guilt me, assuage me, or anything else. I think the world will go on just fine if I stay married to my husband and don't start sleeping with or having relationships with 18 year olds. I think the world will go on just fine if I continue to view 18 year olds as children.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Let me ask you this, have you parented an 18 year old? Have you dated an 18 year old?
No to both. I've never dated anyone. Of course I'm not looking for a date. I want a friendship that transitions into a relationship without dating strangers.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not. Not in the context of this discussion, not on the web site, not in real life, not anywhere.
Well, you're here talking, so we assume there's a point to you being here talking. If you truly did not care, in any sense, then you wouldn't respond to me at all.

Quote:
You aren't going to change it by trying to bully me,
What are you talking about? I get the feeling that there is a major misunderstanding in tone here. Sorry about that but I'm not angry on my end. I'm afraid all this drama is coming from you, dewdroplet76.

Quote:
I think the world will go on just fine if I stay married to my husband and don't start sleeping with or having relationships with 18 year olds. I think the world will go on just fine if I continue to view 18 year olds as children.
No one suggested otherwise.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Well, you're here talking, so we assume there's a point to you being here talking. If you truly did not care, in any sense, then you wouldn't respond to me at all.

What are you talking about? I get the feeling that there is a major misunderstanding in tone here. Sorry about that but I'm not angry on my end. I'm afraid all this drama is coming from you, dewdroplet76.

No one suggested otherwise.
I'm responding to you because you keep bringing me up in posts to other people. Like I said, let it go.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I'm responding to you because you keep bringing me up in posts to other people. Like I said, let it go.
There still appears to be a misunderstanding in tone. I'm not holding anything to let go.

I think perhaps you think that I'm one of the inexperienced males on here who is bitter toward women, but I actually am not. Please note that this is the only username I have ever had on this web site. Yes I am a virgin, no I'm not bitter about it. Depressed, but not bitter or angry or any other negative emotion directed at anyone.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,806,863 times
Women have it easier than men in dating?!

Really? No way?!

/sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships