Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Why though. I guess that means that when you got your Ph.D. you wouldn't date anyone who doesn't have one yet? lol
Don't be obtuse, you know darn well what Dewdrop meant.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Why though. I guess that means that when you got your Ph.D. you wouldn't date anyone who doesn't have one yet? lol
What?

I'm sorry but you simply aren't going to convince me that 18 year olds aren't children or that I would ever have a relationship with one at my age. As for other women my age having relationships with 18 year olds, there are also teachers that sleep with their 15 year old students - that doesn't make it appealing to me either.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:29 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
My rule - if they're old enough to die for their country, they're old enough to have sex. With whoever they choose.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:40 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Rubbish, there are few women in their late 30s or 40s who would go out with a teenager.
I'm not sure how many but there many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar expert Lucia
t depends on the Cougar. Most prefer guys over 21 for two reasons. The first is so that they will be able to go to bars and clubs with them and the second is because they don’t like the thought of dating a teenager, especially if they have teenage children themselves.

However, there are some who have no problem dating someone who is not yet 21, especially if he is mature for his age. Only thing you can do is ask!
Cougar Dating Advice: Will Cougars Date Teenage Cubs?

Also, Caroline Flack, British news anchor, dated New Direction singer Harry Styles when he was 18 and she was 32 (this was three years ago, Styles is now 21).

Caroline Flack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Djuna continues:

Quote:
18 year olds are kids, they're stupid, arrogant and juvenile. Aren't you in your late 30s? How icky that you'd date a kid
My point is that age is just a number. It depends on the person. First of all, as I've said, I meet very, very few people in whom I a romantic interest. I've only met five people I feel that way about. I have never been in love with someone who happens to be 18 or 19. But I wouldn't be disgusted by the thought. First person I was in love with was 13 (we were both 13), then a 27 year old, then a 24 year old, next was 28, latest one was 30. None of these people reciprocated my feelings.

But no I don't see any reason why I could not possibly fall in love with someone who happens to be 18. It's the person, how I feel about them, not their age, which is important.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how many but there many.

Cougar Dating Advice: Will Cougars Date Teenage Cubs?

Also, Caroline Flack, British news anchor, dated New Direction singer Harry Styles when he was 18 and she was 32 (this was three years ago, Styles is now 21).

Caroline Flack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Djuna continues:

My point is that age is just a number. It depends on the person. First of all, as I've said, I meet very, very few people in whom I a romantic interest. I've only met five people I feel that way about. I have never been in love with someone who happens to be 18 or 19. But I wouldn't be disgusted by the thought. First person I was in love with was 13 (we were both 13), then a 27 year old, then a 24 year old, next was 28, latest one was 30. None of these people reciprocated my feelings.

But no I don't see any reason why I could not possibly fall in love with someone who happens to be 18. It's the person, how I feel about them, not their age, which is important.
That's fine for you. I'm a different person. I feel differently. I would never do anything with an 18 year old. To me, age is not just a number.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:42 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
EVERY relationship is dysfunctional at some level.

It is very rare to get two equals who agree 100% about everything.

There is usually SOMETHING that causes friction, no matter how old folk are.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
No, age is not just a number. There are distinct differences in brain function between teenagers and young adults. And I don't care how many internet articles you post, I stand by my statement that most normal women do not date teenagers. You can stick to your Mrs Robinson fantasies but you're a bit old sorry.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:44 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Obviously she has nothing better to do with her life. As if her "findings" are not common knowledge...

Old 02-21-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm sorry but you simply aren't going to convince me that 18 year olds aren't children or that I would ever have a relationship with one at my age.
Well, 18 is the age of consent here in California. At that age you can join the military and vote. Maturity levels differ, though, of course. There are 18 year old women who have already killed bad guys in Afghanistan. Still just kids? I don't know how old these women are, but they look young, some could be 18 or 19, especially the sergeant at 3:28, she looks young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLH-FUc1rA

Old 02-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No, age is not just a number. There are distinct differences in brain function between teenagers and young adults. And I don't care how many internet articles you post, I stand by my statement that most normal women do not date teenagers. You can stick to your Mrs Robinson fantasies but you're a bit old sorry.
So you're saying there isn't such a thing as a cougar who is mainly interested in men around 21? 21 is only three years older than 18. It sounds to me like you are threatened by hot younger women, lol. There is no reason to be. Attractive is attractive, whether you are 50 or 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships