Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 12:59 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
There is no way I would date an 18 year old at my age. Absolutely no way.
Maybe not date or be in a relationship but he would be more likely to be hot than someone our age. Lots of women our age are interested in teenagers (18/19), they're called cougars.

And I would definitely be with a teenager (18-19) if I was in love with her and she loved me. Hell, if she just got back from a military deployment, I would have more in common with her than someone our age who never served.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
It's not about validation, it's...performance. The young guy would be more satisfying than me. Plus he would be more handsome.

You're confusing beauty with desirability for a relationship. If you're looking for someone who's mature, wise, seasoned, etc., in a relationship, then yes, you might would want someone older (unless you find a young person with those qualities).

But if you're looking for sexual satisfaction then most 18 year olds would be more attractive in that regard than most older people. By no means is that always true. But, quite often.

No reason to get upset...there are lots of women who want younger guys, including 18 year old guys, and there are lots of men who want the woman to be older. When I was 20 I was in love with a woman who was 27. Of course she looked closer to my age, but I felt very comfortable with her and we would talk about space exploration and colonization before and after class. Now she's 44 but she still looks 20. We were never together...I joined the Navy in part because of inspiration from her. You can't choose whom you fall in love with, and I've liked older people, people my age, and younger people.
Sorry but many, many 18 year olds are still growing into their looks, are still in the gawky adolescent stage. I'm sure they exist but never in my life have I heard a grown woman say she found teenage boys more attractive than grown men.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:00 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
Oh lookee another CD woman bashing thread in disguise.

Listen OP, I'm more interested in a man who becomes a woman for a week and is underpaid, sexually harassed AND bleeding all at the same time.

THAT'S an exercise in equality.

Quote:
Well, I'm not 40 yet - but it's safe to say that I wouldn't have dated an 18 year old once I was past the age of 22 or so.
That's even more weird! 22 and 18 are only four years apart! smh. I have to say I don't follow on that one at all.

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Maybe not date or be in a relationship but he would be more likely to be hot than someone our age. Lots of women our age are interested in teenagers (18/19), they're called cougars.

And I would definitely be with a teenager (18-19) if I was in love with her and she loved me. Hell, if she just got back from a military deployment, I would have more in common with her than someone our age who never served.
Sorry, 18 year olds are children to me. Other women can do what they will but if I was single, I would never have anything to do with a child.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
That's even more weird! 22 and 18 are only four years apart! smh. I have to say I don't follow on that one at all.
Because an 18 year old is a senior in high school or a freshman in college. After I graduated from college, I would not have dated a senior in high school or a freshman in college.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:

I'm 25. I would love to date a woman who is older than me as long as I found her attractive.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Sorry but many, many 18 year olds are still growing into their looks, are still in the gawky adolescent stage. I'm sure they exist but never in my life have I heard a grown woman say she found teenage boys more attractive than grown men.
You have now:

Quote:
It is good to read so many good stories. I am 38 and he is 18. He doesn't seem that young, he is very mature for his age. We have fun together and I can be myself with him. But I am so scared of what people are going to say. He wants to be in a relationship but there are things he hasnt thought of. He don't have any kids and I have three. One day i know he is gonna want kids and my tubes are tied.

http://www.relationshiptalk.net/can-...029/Page4.html

Also this: (the guy's mom is hot!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv87S2TuZHU

(16 is legal in Australia.)

Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:

Rubbish, there are few women in their late 30s or 40s who would go out with a teenager. Where do you come up with this nonsense? 18 year olds are kids, they're stupid, arrogant and juvenile. Aren't you in your late 30s? How icky that you'd date a kid

Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Because an 18 year old is a senior in high school or a freshman in college. After I graduated from college, I would not have dated a senior in high school or a freshman in college.
Why though. I guess that means that when you got your Ph.D. you wouldn't date anyone who doesn't have one yet? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships