Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, until I encountered CDR forum, I had no idea that a lot of guys don't like short hair. It really doesn't match at all what I encounter among my peers. It's like CD is another alien world. A beautiful face often comes out better with short hair, and you can see the neckline better.
I asked him about his preference for short hair. He said that as an artist he likes lines and necks, which are more visible with short hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:10 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
I know a lot of guys that don't like short hair. I know men that also don't like women with natural hair or kinky hair. I also know men who don't like women in extensions, etc. It's all about preferences. I've been told that I could pull off a shorter hairdo but I feel like longer hair frames my face well. On the flipside if my hair is too long it tends to make me look younger and since I already have a young looking face that isn't what I'm going for. So I settle with mid-length or what many might refer to as a long hair bob.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
And even then it might not work. I've got a girly face and did a short hair cut once... I looked like my son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
But hair can DRASTICALLY change the way a person looks. That's the thing. That's why SO many people obsess about their hair. If you don't have the right face (a pretty feminine face, let's say you have a manly face as a woman), you can kiss being beautiful goodbye if you cut your hair short.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:20 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
I like the look, but usually the cut fits the personality. I find that those with shorter hair tend to be more outgoing and assertive or are artistic in nature. That's not to say women with longer or medium length hair are meek or not creative, but I have yet to meet a woman with short hair who was a wallflower...there tends to be a self-confidence that goes along with that type of cut.

In my case, I'd look like a man with short hair based on my build (6'1" and broad) and facial structure. Whenever I mention cutting my hair to my chin, my husband says nothing...which says it all. LOL He makes it clear he likes my hair long.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:20 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
I think you are gorgeous with short hair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'll post it directly. That was taken the same day it was first lightened. It's not orange-y anymore, thank bob. But it will hopefully end up a nice platinum and then silver-ish later today.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Again, until I encountered CDR forum, I had no idea that a lot of guys don't like short hair. It really doesn't match at all what I encounter among my peers. It's like CD is another alien world. A beautiful face often comes out better with short hair, and you can see the neckline better.
I saw an example today where one of my coworkers who had long hair got a short haircut and she looks MUCH better. It was amazing. I never would've looked at her and thought she'd look great with a short haircut, so some of you ladies who don't think you have the face for it may be wrong.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Platinum-silver is a "thing" around here lately.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I saw an example today where one of my coworkers who had long hair got a short haircut and she looks MUCH better. It was amazing. I never would've looked at her and thought she'd look great with a short haircut, so some of you ladies who don't think you have the face for it may be wrong.
I think a lot of us who don't think it suits our faces may know it doesn't because we've tried it. I know I have.

I'm currently trying to talk myself out of an urge to get even a chin-grazing bob, because I've done so several times in the past and deeply regretted it past that first honeymoon day of, "Ooh, it's so LIGHT!" If even a fairly forgiving bob doesn't work for me, you can imagine where a truly short crop absolutely doesn't. I wish it did. But it doesn't.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
But, if you have one of those faces that only a mother could love, I don't see how long hair is going to do you any good. But, on the other hand, if you are very good looking or just naturally pretty, I cant see how short hair is going to make you ugly if done right.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But, if you have one of those faces that only a mother could love, I don't see how long hair is going to do you any good. But, on the other hand, if you are very good looking or just naturally pretty, I cant see how short hair is going to make you ugly if done right.
Different hair lengths are more complimentary/less complimentary to various face shapes, features, hair textures, etc.

A pretty woman is going to be pretty regardless of hair length or style, but that doesn't mean certain styles and lengths aren't more flattering than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships