Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
i would like to see the age-ism against dating older/younger go away, like mixed race couples, gay marriage, etc. diversity is good for finding love and companionship, to each his own. the hate against older men dating younger women is just one of the last social barriers and shaming patterns.

also, i do believe there is a natural pairing between older men and younger women. i'm sure you have noticed that a man and woman's social value are about 10-15 years apart?

many man find themselves much more comfortable with dating and relationships in their mid-30s whereas women have spend their 20s exploring their options. and, don't kid yourself, younger women have been attracted to men of wealth and status (usually older) since the dawn of time.

not so strange really then
I still think it's a strange thing to want more older man/younger woman marriages. 10 years isn't that big of a difference and I don't really think that most people bat an eye over it. If 20 year old women want to marry men old enough to be their father - then that's their business but I don't really know that I understand wanting to see MORE of that like it's some sort of sign of enlightenment! But to each their own!

Love isn't really based on social value so I'm not sure that I believe that relationships are better with a big age difference. My husband and I went through the stages of our lives together - that's what worked for us. I'm not saying that this works for everyone - but I wouldn't discount it either.

One more thing - interracial marriage and gay marriage were (and still are in some places) illegal. Age differences aren't and never have been - except if you want to marry a child.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
also, i do believe there is a natural pairing between older men and younger women. i'm sure you have noticed that a man and woman's social value are about 10-15 years apart?

Wait, what? This is news to me! I'm supposed to have more in common social value wise with a 28-33 yo woman!!!???

In what way? I find it hard to connect with mid/late 30s women. I generally don't feel much of a connection to any woman under 40. It happened last year, but that was a rarity.

I need more explanation on this "social value" concept.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:41 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,014,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wait, what? This is news to me! I'm supposed to have more in common social value wise with a 28-33 yo woman!!!???

In what way? I find it hard to connect with mid/late 30s women. I generally don't feel much of a connection to any woman under 40. It happened last year, but that was a rarity.

I need more explanation on this "social value" concept.
re-read my post hommie, i was talking about younger women and older men. i get it that your one of those pro-feminist men, so no surprise you won't agree with some of my thoughts on culture, particularly male identity, masculinity and men mentoring. but try this as food for thought. SMV is now being widely discussed on the web too.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
re-read my post hommie, i was talking about younger women and older men. i get it that your one of those pro-feminist men, so no surprise you won't agree with some of my thoughts on culture. but try this as food for thought. SMV is now being widely discussed on the web too.
I understand you were talking about younger women and older men, as was I. I'm 43, you seem to say that I should be equal, social value wise, as a women 28-33. I have no idea what in the world I would have in common with a 28 yo. At all. I just asked you to explain it further.

Well, I don't know any guy that isn't pro feminist. Every guy in this world I know thinks that women should be able to pursue the career they want and be fully equal in society legally, and socially. That's the norm.

There isn't any labeling of the X and Y axis (SMV? Is that Social Market Value then? Same as Social Value?), nor any citation for the journal/study that provided the data points of the graph, so that is of zero use. It's a random graph with no information supporting it. It's also very odd how the rather normal distribution its an abrupt zero at 15 on the left bell curve. That makes no sense statistically.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't know any guy that isn't pro feminist. Every guy in this world I know thinks that women should be able to pursue the career they want and be fully equal in society legally, and socially. That's the norm.
get your head out of the sand, really dude. you have bought into the agenda so much you don't realize how some of your comments are not support by other men, instead you would rather think they aren't enlightened. and, wise up, it's not politically correct to discuss those difference in public, or even suggest anything other than women are sweet sugar and spice and everything nice, and always right...

Old 04-22-2015, 09:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
So, you want people to feel free to love whoever they want - but you are posting charts about social market value? Okay.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
get your head out of the sand, really dude. you have bought into the agenda so much you don't realize how some of your comments are not support by other men, instead you would rather think they aren't enlightened. and, wise up, it's not politically correct to discuss those difference in public, or even suggest anything other than women are sweet sugar and spice and everything nice.

My head isn't in the sand. I've lived in 7 states, and been all over. I don't know any guys that see women as inferior or second class citizens.

I'm sorry you seem to have found the few men out there that do.

I hope they don't have daughters!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, you want people to feel free to love whoever they want - but you are posting charts about social market value? Okay.

I can make charts in excel all day long. Without real data and analysis (like that one, it doesn't even define the Y axis!) they're as useless as me throwing some numbers in a spreadsheet and hit some chart wizard buttons.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
please stop quibbling, you so get what i am saying cuz of our prior interactions on the same subject. i get it you don't agree, or want others not to believe the same, or whatever.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I can make charts in excel all day long. Without real data and analysis (like that one, it doesn't even define the Y axis!) they're as useless as me throwing some numbers in a spreadsheet and hit some chart wizard buttons.
yeah, dude. do us a favor and turn in your man card please, then go play with your spreadsheets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships