Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 02:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
As everything, there are some exceptions out there but normally guys are older than the girl when it comes to relationships. Can't deny that fact.
But not like people claim, more like 1-2 years apart. That's not the same thing.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM

581 posts, read 666,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I don't agree with this one at all. At least not the ALWAYS get the young girls. I am 55 and do not look my age or act like a guy my age typically does. I am not "rich" by any means, but I am not hurt for money. I do not prefer a younger woman over an older woman, but I have dated a couple young ones and it had nothing to do with with money. I was told they enjoyed my company, I treated them better than the young guys and they had fun with me. I never spent any more on the 30yo younger than me than I did the ones my age.

The problem with a great age gap is that a young girl who wants to have children loses that ability with an older guy, or could still have kids and end up with kids with a father the age of a grandfather. The olther problem is as some have stated, that if my health fails, I don't want someone to have to take care of me. I will stick to women late 30's up.
My question to you is what are you doing with a late 30's woman when you are 55? My boyfriend is 3 years younger than I am and that is the way that I like it. I'm not going to be with someone 15 years older.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:01 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,997,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
not fair cuz i want richard gere to have my babies too... lol
So... You ( lol) and some of the more mature ladies find him attractive, but if a young woman finds him attractive.. Suddenly she's a gold digger? I am sure the answer will be.. I am attracted to his looks rather than his celebrity or wealth, but they don't see it as feasible for a younger woman to be attracted for the same reasons. Sounds a little like sour grapes or rationalization to me.
Now tell me that there aren't any women over the age of 30 who chase/hook up with/or marry much older wealthy men. I guess it's ok because.. They're closer in age?

Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM

581 posts, read 666,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
So... You ( lol) and some of the more mature ladies find him attractive, but if a young woman finds him attractive.. Suddenly she's a gold digger? I am sure the answer will be.. I am attracted to his looks rather than his celebrity or wealth, but they don't see it as feasible for a younger woman to be attracted for the same reasons. Sounds a little like sour grapes or rationalization to me.
Now tell me that there aren't any women over the age of 30 who chase/hook up with/or marry much older wealthy men. I guess it's ok because.. They're closer in age?
Sydney, usually when a younger woman hooks up with an older man, it's usually for one of these three reasons:
1. she doesn't look like much
2. She has "daddy" issues
3. She's looking to be taken care of (read: golddigger).

In the natural course of things, younger women want men close to their own age.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:43 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,997,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
Sydney, usually when a younger woman hooks up with an older man, it's usually for one of these three reasons:
1. she doesn't look like much
2. She has "daddy" issues
3. She's looking to be taken care of (read: golddigger).

In the natural course of things, younger women want men close to their own age.
Maybe it used to be the natural course of things, but now a days young women are a lot more independent and aren't looking for marriage, kids and or a LTR. They want to be free to do as they please with being encumbered. Pretty,young, financially secure, successful woman who have and continue to have great and normal relationships with their fathers. You yourself ( by stereotyping these young woman ) are pretty much proving the point I was making in my previous post. You're stuck in a mind set that because it goes against your grain.. that these young women are flawed and have ulterior motives for their choices.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,858,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
Women like older men and men like younger women.

End of story.
No, not all women like older men. And even when they do like older men, as young, impressionable 20-somethings, their preferences almost always change as they get older. I know this, because I was one of those 20 - something women who preferred significantly older men. But now, as a 40-something, I certainly don't.

Getting older and wiser changes all of us.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 04-20-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 04:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,229,683 times
See, I think women in their 30s are much hotter than women in their 20s. Fewer neuroses and less self-absorption.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,858,473 times
Quote:
Young studs looking for old hags, lose vagina, wrinkles on her face, etc. is the "in" thing man!
Do you call your mother an old hag?

Old 04-20-2015, 07:41 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,872,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
See, I think women in their 30s are much hotter than women in their 20s. Fewer neuroses and less self-absorption.
This, as a general rule of thumb, though some women in their 20's are pretty together. But then there are all the rest....

Old 04-21-2015, 07:30 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
As everything, there are some exceptions out there but normally guys are older than the girl when it comes to relationships. Can't deny that fact.
I believe that is becoming less and less. It was more common in the days when a woman's opportunities were limited, housewife/mother was the most acceptable gig therefore it made sense that women would marry an older more established man. The ones her age were just starting out and seldom had the means to support a wife and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But not like people claim, more like 1-2 years apart. That's not the same thing.
I agree with this. It actually rare among average middle class people to see a large age gap. Most people I see marrying now are just a few years difference if any, mostly just out of college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.