Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 07:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,083,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Which actually reminds me of something for the OP:

The whole "I'll be home in a couple of hours" and then showing up at 3:00 a.m.? Is bullcrap. My ex-SO used to do that when he went to his relatives' or out with his brother or a buddy. He'd send these texts, "wrapping up, will be leaving in a few," and 7:00 would become 8:00 and other text, then 8:30, then 9:00. He'd call me from the car at 9:30 saying he was on the road and would be at my place in 20 minutes, acting all chipper as though nothing was wrong, he'd never told me he'd be done at a certain time, no apology, nothing.

I can't stand people like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:55 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,415,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't stand people like this.
Yes, there are examples in both genders. Those kind of people drive me nuts. It's their way of controlling the world around them. Very manipulative.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:00 AM

649 posts, read 572,727 times
I'm surprised how many people on here think this is normal. Why does a grown man with a pregnant wife and a small child need to hang out with his buddies until 3:00 am? Once in awhile is fine but I think every week is a lot.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,466,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
I'm surprised how many people on here think this is normal. Why does a grown man with a pregnant wife and a small child need to hang out with his buddies until 3:00 am? Once in awhile is fine but I think every week is a lot.
Note that most of the ones who say it's normal are men.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,070,823 times
Quote:
They are defending the concept of individuals having the right to a guy's or girl's night when in a relationship as a generality (which, honestly, is defendable), since the OP did not get all that in depth in her situation until much deeper into the thread.

As you see (and maybe they do not), this specific situation is certainly not about whether a guy has a right to a guy's night in general.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:23 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,477,853 times
The answer is simple.

When it starts to affect your life at home negatively.

Keep in mind while YOU feel it's negatively affecting your home situation he could be blissfully unaware.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:37 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,876,031 times
Quote:
That's probably the men's rights crowd, the angry virgin types, and other punks who have no experience with a serious LTR, much less a marriage. There are all kinds of extremists here.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:17 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,579,035 times
Last night he was trying to be nice. As in, I think he knew I was upset about his late night (again) and trying to make it up. When i started doing the dishes, he said, "i will do it later, you rest". usually that doesnt come from him easily, so i guess he felt the need to be doing something around the house.

The dishes wernt done in the morning and I am 99% sure they still would be left undone when i reach home this evening but I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,579,035 times
I feel so sad today. My best friend told me to check his phone. She says that its impossible that a man is out until wee hours of the morning just drinking with buddies. So this morning I got a chance to check his phone (he was sleeping in my DD's room; she has fever). Please read the below sms from an unknown (to me) number and tell me that this is not what I fear it is!

Unknown number: Morning
Him: Morning
Unknown number: I am available. 140 CAD/ Hh. GFE service no kissing no greek yes bbbj yes daty
Him: Was trying to get in touch last night...thx for getting back. Will touch base another time, have a good day...

Is he doing what I fear he is doing? I didnt really understand her/ unknown numbers message. Since she said kissing, I am guessing it has got something to do with intimacy. I wish I could google for greek, GFE and all but I am at work. I dont want something to pop up on my screen; I will get trouble if they do.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:30 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,778,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I feel so sad today. My best friend told me to check his phone. She says that its impossible that a man is out until wee hours of the morning just drinking with buddies. So this morning I got a chance to check his phone (he was sleeping in my DD's room; she has fever). Please read the below sms from an unknown (to me) number and tell me that this is not what I fear it is!

Unknown number: Morning
Him: Morning
Unknown number: I am available. 140 CAD/ Hh. GFE service no kissing no greek yes bbbj yes daty
Him: Was trying to get in touch last night...thx for getting back. Will touch base another time, have a good day...

Is he doing what I fear he is doing? I didn't really understand her/ unknown numbers message. Since she said kissing, I am guessing it has got something to do with intimacy. I wish I could google for greek, GFE and all but I am at work. I don't want something to pop up on my screen; I will get trouble if they do.
That does not sound good to me OP.

If I were you I would stay with friends or family if that is possible.

What do your instincts tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships