Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 01:49 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
If i am going that route, should he get a hint that I am planning on leaving him?
No. Not yet. That would only complicate things. He'd either pretend to change, in order to prevent you from leaving, and then you wouldn't know if his change is real or not, or he might become abusive. I think it's best to keep things as steady as possible right now. You don't need to subject yourself (or the unborn baby) to any more emotional turmoil right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,222,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
If i am going that route, should he get a hint that I am planning on leaving him?
No. In fact, I came back to this thread to warn you about that. If he knows you are planning this, he's going to love-bomb you and be Mr. Wonderful to get you to second-guess yourself. Heck, I would clear my cache out of my computer so he can't find this on your computer.

When my ex-SO and I broke up, it seemed sudden. It also probably seems to him like it's his idea. Basically, I set a boundary ("next time you are late when we have to be somewhere on a schedule and other people are waiting for us, you're going alone"), reminded him of it one last time, and a few months later, when he violated it (kept me waiting for over 40 minutes--total disrespect of my time and everyone else's), I stood my ground. It caught him off guard. There were tears. Rage. Disbelief. On and on with the drama for close to an hour. I could not get him out of my apartment. Then when he realized he wasn't going to get his way, and that no, I really was NOT going to get in the car and go with him, he threw a tantrum, tossed an F-bomb at me, and that was the end of that. Seven years, done, poof.

Two months later, he was with someone else. Less than a year later, she's knocked up and they're getting married. She hasn't had time to see him for what he is, and I'd feel bad for her if I didn't get the sense that she was trying to trap him right back.

Oh, and to give you an idea of just how shallow these types are, at one point during the break-up, he actually had the nerve to ask me if I had any Visine, because "how can I go out there looking like this?"

So be prepared for waterworks, tantrums, and preposterous words. These types are desperate. Thing is, if you wait long enough, they eventually tire of you, devalue you, and discard you, so you might as well take the reins and control your own fate.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:13 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No. In fact, I came back to this thread to warn you about that. If he knows you are planning this, he's going to love-bomb you and be Mr. Wonderful to get you to second-guess yourself. Heck, I would clear my cache out of my computer so he can't find this on your computer.

When my ex-SO and I broke up, it seemed sudden. It also probably seems to him like it's his idea. Basically, I set a boundary ("next time you are late when we have to be somewhere on a schedule and other people are waiting for us, you're going alone"), reminded him of it one last time, and a few months later, when he violated it (kept me waiting for over 40 minutes--total disrespect of my time and everyone else's), I stood my ground. It caught him off guard. There were tears. Rage. Disbelief. On and on with the drama for close to an hour. I could not get him out of my apartment. Then when he realized he wasn't going to get his way, and that no, I really was NOT going to get in the car and go with him, he threw a tantrum, tossed an F-bomb at me, and that was the end of that. Seven years, done, poof.

Two months later, he was with someone else. Less than a year later, she's knocked up and they're getting married. She hasn't had time to see him for what he is, and I'd feel bad for her if I didn't get the sense that she was trying to trap him right back.

Oh, and to give you an idea of just how shallow these types are, at one point during the break-up, he actually had the nerve to ask me if I had any Visine, because "how can I go out there looking like this?"

So be prepared for waterworks, tantrums, and preposterous words. These types are desperate. Thing is, if you wait long enough, they eventually tire of you, devalue you, and discard you, so you might as well take the reins and control your own fate.
This is soooooooo true.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
This is soooooooo true.
Oh, it's pathetic. Granted, I was pretty furious and shed a few angry tears, myself, mainly because I was frustrated at him not getting the heck out of my apartment when I told him to go. And it took me a long time and some stupid attempts at friendship to get over him. But now he knows exactly how I feel about him, his racist, bigoted father, his bitchy mother, his filthy house, his foul temperament, his juvenile behavior, and just to make sure I'd never hear from him again, his peen size, which he (justifiably) has a complex about. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:24 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
Oh, it's pathetic. Granted, I was pretty furious and shed a few angry tears, myself, mainly because I was frustrated at him not getting the heck out of my apartment when I told him to go. And it took me a long time and some stupid attempts at friendship to get over him. But now he knows exactly how I feel about him, his racist, bigoted father, his bitchy mother, his filthy house, his foul temperament, his juvenile behavior, and just to make sure I'd never hear from him again, his peen size, which he (justifiably) has a complex about. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Moo Moo Buckeroo!

Old 04-29-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Moo Moo Buckeroo!
Which actually reminds me of something for the OP:

The whole "I'll be home in a couple of hours" and then showing up at 3:00 a.m.? Is bullcrap. My ex-SO used to do that when he went to his relatives' or out with his brother or a buddy. He'd send these texts, "wrapping up, will be leaving in a few," and 7:00 would become 8:00 and other text, then 8:30, then 9:00. He'd call me from the car at 9:30 saying he was on the road and would be at my place in 20 minutes, acting all chipper as though nothing was wrong, he'd never told me he'd be done at a certain time, no apology, nothing. He would do this after saying, "I'm just dropping by my parents for a couple of hours, and you and I can go grab dinner tonight." Eventually, when he tried that, I just said, "No, let's just do something another night. I'm not sitting around hungry, waiting for you."

So my guess is that when your hub goes out, he knows dang well he's out for the duration and has no intention of it being "just a couple of hours." He is showing you by his actions that he does not care one bit if you're sitting home worrying if he's wrapped around a tree, never mind if you need him for something while you're pregnant. He's totally taking you for granted. And he's definitely not behaving like a responsible husband and father.

Last edited by Lilac110; 04-29-2015 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 02:47 PM

606 posts, read 904,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I hear ya. Like I mentioned, she's ok with me going out and I realize the importance of seeing our friends to blow off steam now and then. At the end of the day though (literally), I'd rather be home. We had our kids a little older though, so my perspective could be different than someone in their 20s.

As you likely figured out, we have twins too. I'd love to head out after they go down at night but by that time, I have no energy left!
Mine aren't babies anymore and I still don't have any energy left! Maybe when everyone is grown and out of the house. Just the thought of going out to a 9pm movie, much less an all nighter drinking, makes me tired!

Old 04-29-2015, 03:20 PM

11 posts, read 7,048 times
really it's anormal ,sence you're his wife he has to be with you give you time ect ,discuss it with him let him explain these acts

Old 04-29-2015, 03:25 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,158,409 times
Quote:
Love it (but sorry you had to endure that).

Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,577,164 times
@Lilac110. I got your point. Keep the surprise factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships