Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 02:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
really, so you have known women older than age 25 who have never had a boyfriend before? but still, it seems women are far less at risk than men are at being a big late bloomer in the dating/mating game, maybe women advertise it less than men do? i'm not sure
Why would they advertise it at all? What's to advertise, about being a late bloomer?

Old 03-03-2016, 02:47 PM

58 posts, read 43,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your requirements are starting to pile up. Plus, you've revealed that a fear of divorce court is also driving you. You have an image of women being out to take men to the cleaners in court. You don't seem to truly like women. it's no wonder you're having trouble.
I'm having trouble because I'm not surrounded by the people that I should be.

Quote:
Conservative women are promiscuous? Again, you don't seem to like women. You resent them for their perceived sexuality, some of which is in your mind. You seem to want a woman who can prove she's worn a chastity belt for much of her life. You're spending a lot of energy judging women. No partnership can work when you have that mentality.
I never said that conservative women are promiscuous. I said that most women in today's society are promiscuous and that I want a conservative woman that isn't promiscuous.

Quote:
There are averagely decent women everywhere, who are child-free and who support themselves. Not all of them have professional jobs, but they're self-supporting and good at budgeting, which is worth something. You sound relatively average yourself, if you think you're short. You may think that your earnings put you above average, but your mentality and I'm guessing, your appearance, put you into a broadly-defined range of "average".
Maybe I am "average", but wanting a woman that is my equal is not so crazy, right? I'm short, cute (so I'm told), and make 6 figures. I also tend to be charming and personable IRL. I have no kids and no debt. Shouldn't I expect the same thing from a woman?

Quote:
High-earning women are not necessarily dominant and competitive. Some men on this forum seem to think that, but it all depends on the field, and on the person. Most university professors aren't that way, some engineers aren't (depends on the field and the personality), women with careers in the non-profit world, like organization directors, fund-raisers, program managers/developers, grants managers, are not dominant or competitive. Women in banking aren't necessarily that way, depending on their position. I could go on and on.
I would not date a woman in banking. That field is not stable these days. University professors don't make that much. Lawyers...yeah, no way. With my fear of divorce and their knowledge of the legal system, we would not make a good match.

I prefer women in the health care profession. They are more likely to at least be understanding and possibly not as dominant (though, based on some women that I've met/dated, I realize that this statement is definitely not universal lol).

Quote:
Lose the stereotypes, they're holding you back. Loosen up a little on some of the requirements. Make a list, and decide which are most important to you. Keep those as your standard, get more flexible on the ones toward the bottom of your priorities.
I do have a list, but many of the superficial things (like race and height) are not that important. I would not dismiss a woman based on these things. But other practical things like income and age are dealbreakers for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Get some help resolving your anger. It will kill your chances with women.

Take that Rx, and report back to us in a few months.
I've taken medications for my anger in the past. They don't really do anything except make me lethargic and kill my sex drive. I used to take Zoloft, for example. It didn't really do a ton for my anger, but it made me have no desire to be around people or date. So I was actually worse of on the Zoloft than I was when not on it.

My anger stems from my issues with women, which are based on my experiences that a bandaid isn't going to help. Therapy didn't help either.

What did help was that I actually met some successful women who were also very nice people (they were taken, of course). I honestly did not know that these kinds of women existed, which is why I still have some hope (and, therefore, have a plan in place for surrounding myself with similar women).

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again, the underlined: well over 60% of men in their late 20s are finding exactly that, with women in their mid to late 20s, at least in the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCutty View Post
Where are those stats?
I was off, but still greater than 55%, which is average... This is as far as were CURRENTLY (in 2006) married, however, not the total who had ever been married (which would bring that total to notably more than that 55% as, obviously, in 2006 there were also divorcees wandering around):

Quote:
As of 2006, 55.7% of Americans age 18 and over were married.
Data was from the U.S. Census.

In 2009 the average U.S. groom was age 28:

Quote:
The median age in the early 1970s was 21 for women and 23 for men, and it rose to 26 for women and 28 for men by 2009.
Data originally taken from NY Times.

Wiki article (quotes above).

Again, this was "only" 55% married; obviously, we don't go from entirely single to married overnight, so the amount of men who had (have) an SO is obviously much higher than this. The amount of men who had a significant other, married or not, well exceeded nearly 56%. (Remember that definition of "average"?)

So no, still wrong about the "average man" having to "sit on the sidelines" and not date/have a significant other.

psst...And unless well more than 50% of U.S. males make uber-figures and are amazing-looking, then these men were average in more than stats. Just sayin'. Average is called average for a reason.

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would they advertise it at all? What's to advertise, about being a late bloomer?
They're inherently advertising by means of complaining. I see it all the time in 20-something guys about dating, and 30-something women about marriage. Lot of unhappy people out there, it seems

Old 03-03-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, I feel better knowing that you probably won't procreate.
If you're talking about me, then you are very wrong. I WILL absolutely procreate. It's one of my major goals in life and I'm pretty resourceful.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I was off, but still greater than 55%, which is average... This is as far as were CURRENTLY (in 2006) married, however, not the total who had ever been married (which would bring that total to notably more than that 55% as, obviously, in 2006 there were also divorcees wandering around):

Data was from the U.S. Census.

In 2009 the average U.S. groom was age 28:

Data originally taken from NY Times.

Wiki article (quotes above).

Again, this was "only" 55% married; obviously, we don't go from entirely single to married overnight, so the amount of men who had (have) an SO is obviously much higher than this. The amount of men who had a significant other, married or not, well exceeded nearly 56%. (Remember that definition of "average"?)

So no, still wrong about the "average man" having to "sit on the sidelines" and not date/have a significant other.
Is there a quality score in that data? Any data on which men only got married to a particular woman because she was his only option?

Let me know when you get THAT data.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:53 PM

241 posts, read 360,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
really, so you have known women older than age 25 who have never had a boyfriend before? but still, it seems women are far less at risk than men are at being a big late bloomer in the dating/mating game, maybe women advertise it less than men do? i'm not sure
A lot of women won't admit they are having trouble dating even sometimes to their friends. I had one female friend admit to me that she made up facts about having guys being interested in her or going out on dates because she was embarrassed by the fact she was having so much trouble dating. It doesn't help that some people on this forum keep insisting that the only women who have trouble dating are either ugly, crazy or delusional/ultra picky .

We normal women can't have trouble with dating, after all we got so many quality men throwing themselves at us 24/7 .

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 03-03-2016 at 03:32 PM..

Old 03-03-2016, 02:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Is there a quality score in that data? Any data on which men only got married to a particular woman because she was his only option?

Let me know when you get THAT data.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obvious how terrible you feel about not being able to get dates when any average guy pretty much can (look around you, I mean please) and will go to any lengths to disqualify data, based on some really, really, really weird stuff.

Data on which men get married due to a woman being his "only" option (at only 28??? He's given up totally by that time and that's his last chance or something??? LOL...Actually, considering engagement period, at maybe 27, 26...or 25...erm yeah, sounds feasible) - Hmmm. The data were gathered by the Census Bureau, please contact them to ask.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
If you're talking about me, then you are very wrong. I WILL absolutely procreate. It's one of my major goals in life and I'm pretty resourceful.

Well stop complaining that women don't meet your requirements. That's your problem, not their's.

When I was dating I had lots of requirements. I knew this would limit the dating pool by quite a lot. Never in my wildest dreams did I think of being mad at men. That's just weird.

Of course, I was quite content to be alone if I didn't find someone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I remember one girl was so distressed about being virgin and never having a boyfriend that she considered letting a drunk bum that followed her home have sex with her.
That doesn't make much sense as she could walk into most bars and get approached easily enough (if she's not really unattractive).

Failing that go OLD and get loads of messages if your pic and profile is okay.

Seriously a girl I worked with (and later dated) used to complain that she could never get a date and men would never approach her/hit on her. She's quite good looking. We had a work night out and she must have been hit on a dozen times over the night and had many guys coming over to her. About half way through I said I thought guys never approached you. She looked at me like I was crazy and had the attitude 'none of them are good enough for me. Well that's fine but don't complain you're never approached because it was embarrassing how easy it was.

She set up OLD for the first time recently and had a date set up literally the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.