Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM

105 posts, read 95,947 times

Advertisements

women don't have it easy!..what makes you think getting hit on from men age 18-80 makes for a good dating scene..women are picky because they have to be..

Old 09-24-2015, 07:12 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I'm way above average looking in real life and am in top 1 percentile of income and success for my age range

I couldn't get a date if the entire fate of universe depended on it
I dont think what you say is true since if you were as good looking and rich as you say you are, women would seek you out. If you are honest about being rich, then I suspect you are deluded and not as handsome as you think you are. Poor unemployed guys on welfare who look like Channing Tatum or John Stamos get all the clunge they can handle. Those guys are rich though and both get many many beautiful women so i seriously doubt you are on that good looking a level.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
I dont think what you say is true since if you were as good looking and rich as you say you are, women would seek you out. If you are honest about being rich, then I suspect you are deluded and not as handsome as you think you are. Poor unemployed guys on welfare who look like Channing Tatum or John Stamos get all the clunge they can handle. Those guys are rich though and both get many many beautiful women so i seriously doubt you are on that good looking a level.
Maybe the reason the OP isn't sought out by women is that he lives in a suburb full of mainly married couples. He's not where the action is, and he doesn't want to move to the city. He doesn't even want to commute to the city for nightlife.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:29 PM

837 posts, read 753,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post

Stamos is a legit 10/10, very very very few men are on that level - like less than 1%

I'm about a 7 probably I would say

Old 09-24-2015, 08:04 PM

220 posts, read 174,626 times
OP if it's not anxiety than your standards are too high. My long term now ex girlfriend isn't who at first glance I would have picked to date. She was attractive but I definitely fancied other girls more.

We connected at a deep level and before long I fell in love with every plus and every minus.

Rarely do girls ever look like they portray them in the media.

Find a girl based on qualities you want; not just on physical attraction (which is still important).

Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 PM

837 posts, read 753,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
OP if it's not anxiety than your standards are too high. My long term now ex girlfriend isn't who at first glance I would have picked to date. She was attractive but I definitely fancied other girls more.

We connected at a deep level and before long I fell in love with every plus and every minus.

Rarely do girls ever look like they portray them in the media.

Find a girl based on qualities you want; not just on physical attraction (which is still important).

I'm cool with a 6/10 or above

I don't think I'm unrealistic with my standards. Truth be told, I would have VERY high standards if my dating life was in line with the success I've experienced everywhere else but my lack of dating life has tempered my standards tremendously. I just want a girl I feel some attraction to

Old 09-24-2015, 08:25 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
I'm cool with a 6/10 or above

I don't think I'm unrealistic with my standards. Truth be told, I would have VERY high standards if my dating life was in line with the success I've experienced everywhere else but my lack of dating life has tempered my standards tremendously. I just want a girl I feel some attraction to
You can't be in the top % at everything. You may be in the top 5% in many categories, but clearly you don't even make the top 40% when it comes to dating.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:51 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
OP if you don't mind me asking, where do you live? What kind of job do you have? Is it male domimated? This makes a huge difference. Women actually have it much harder in terms of dating everywhere in the US except maybe San Jose and North Dakota. Read Date-onomics by Jon Birger.
This is definitely not true.

Women are far more picky and have very strict standards. Also, they can easily get multiple dates. They have it far easier than men and it's not even close.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:30 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Why is this?

I'm better than women my age in just about everything across the board, not saying it to be an arrogant but I've never met a woman my age who can match me in everything like education, income, success, etc...
No...you are arrogant without the goods to back it up. Do you enjoy being this forums chew toy? You don't listen to anyone and you don't learn....you just post crap and expect a different outcome.

Last edited by ScarletG; 09-24-2015 at 09:43 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Stamos is a legit 10/10, very very very few men are on that level - like less than 1%

I'm about a 7 probably I would say
You are really not more than a '6' on a great day....probably less day to day.....since you insist on rating everything. Not horrible but nothing standout. . Your personality takes it down several notches....and that is your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships