Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I'm way above average looking in real life and am in top 1 percentile of income and success for my age range

I couldn't get a date if the entire fate of universe depended on it
When was the last time you asked a woman on a date?

Old 09-23-2015, 10:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
If they show zero interest whatsoever, is it really worth it to ask for that 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000 chance that they may be interested? How much benefit will I get from being rejected over and over and over and over and over and over again?

I've been with a couple women in my life. When they're interested, the signs are unmistakable to anybody with a semblance of social skills. You guys want me to sit there and bother women who want absolutely nothing to do with me. I just don't get it
But, by your own admission, the women you've been with were not the cream of the dating crop.

Of course those women were more likely to make their interest VERY obvious.

My guess is that you get nervous around women you are attracted to, and miss subtle cues.

I had a guy friend years ago who did that all the time. He was social, made friends easily, but was oblivious to subtle flirting.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:26 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
It's important to note: Getting dates "easier" and having a easier time dating are not the same things.

Based on this and your previous threads it would seem that You're perception is your issue getting what you want from others, not the others you are attempting to receive from.

Last edited by rego00123; 09-23-2015 at 10:34 PM..

Old 09-23-2015, 10:28 PM

837 posts, read 753,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
But, by your own admission, the women you've been with were not the cream of the dating crop.

Of course those women were more likely to make their interest VERY obvious.

My guess is that you get nervous around women you are attracted to, and miss subtle cues.

I had a guy friend years ago who did that all the time. He was social, made friends easily, but was oblivious to subtle flirting.

1 made it obvious but couple gave subtle signs

I'm so good at reading body language, I can read it from a mile away. I'll bet every dollar I have that I'm not missing signs.

Do you guys think my problem is that I'm Armenian in a predominantly white area? I look very white/European for an Armenian guy (many of us look heavily ethnic/Arab) but maybe that's not enough? White women want the all american look - they don't want the dark wavy hair and olive skin... and I really can't date middle eastern women because I'm so white washed and I'm agnostic. I hate Islam

Old 09-23-2015, 10:29 PM

837 posts, read 753,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
When was the last time you asked a woman on a date?
When was the last time there was even an ounce of hope that a decent looking woman was attracted to me? Basically never

Old 09-23-2015, 10:30 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
It looks to me that your nasty perception about women, who you feel superior to, not being worthy of desire based entirely on their looks is a mental source of negativity and chaos for you. Thats why no one wants you.

You dont need a date, you need a therapist, playa.
This is why OP can't find someone to date.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
1 made it obvious but couple gave subtle signs

I'm so good at reading body language, I can read it from a mile away. I'll bet every dollar I have that I'm not missing signs.

Do you guys think my problem is that I'm Armenian in a predominantly white area? I look very white/European for an Armenian guy (many of us look heavily ethnic/Arab) but maybe that's not enough? White women want the all american look - they don't want the dark wavy hair and olive skin... and I really can't date middle eastern women because I'm so white washed and I'm agnostic. I hate Islam
Maybe. Some women don't go for the olive-skinned guys. That is true.

But, plenty do like dark hair and olive skin. I'd say it might decrease your options, but not dramatically.

You need good female friends who will set you up with their single friends.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's important to note: Getting dates "easier" and having a easier time dating are not the same things.
That's a good point to make. Absolutely.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:32 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
When was the last time there was even an ounce of hope that a decent looking woman was attracted to me? Basically never
Your problem is you. You have a bad attitude. You need to learn coping strategies for dealing with a difficult environment. Every young single man has to deal with it. Most guys find ways to get girlfriends by your age. You are not getting it done even though most guys even with the deck stacked against them can get it done. Get into a therapist's office and work on yourself.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
huh? I want a real relationship that will hopefully last forever

me and you have the same needs. The difference is that I can't find anybody decent while you can't find anybody who fits all 50,000,000,000 pages of your laundry list of demands
Two more reasons they won't date you is because you are so mean and you have a superiority complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.