Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 06:28 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
No of course not just because i want some physical attraction doesn't mean I will put up with anything just to have a women im attracted to.

I don't understand why women are allowed to have such stringent standards yet a man says i want a women I like who I'm also somewhat physically attracted to and women act like he's asking for the sun moon and stars..
Who said that was acting like you want the sun, moon and stars? I think both men and women want the same thing -- someone they like who they find physically attractive. I do think there is a notion that men put more emphasis on looks, and I think there are some men don't really desire a quality friendship in a partner, but more a woman who is submissive/obedient and good for eye candy which boosts his ego. I realize not all men are that way. But this notion exists for a reason.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Mod cut.

We could argue until we are blue in the face...and people will still believe what they want to believe.

Some of the men here who are still on this belief that women have it easier, are going to believe that until a "miracle" happens. Their inability to see past their own views is their problem. If nothing ever changes, it's their own fault, but of course they won't ever see that either.

So no point.

*Shrugs*

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-21-2015 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats what I see from posters who complain about how unfair dating is and want that playing field leveled. I've yet to have one of them answer the questions concerning the how that playing field is to look beyond the dating game. Are they still on board to equalize the field and throw out those gender biases when it comes to marriage and family rearing traditions. Are they able to look forward and see their daughters become their sons and their sons become their daughters?
I'm not sure how the idea of women asking men out more means that women will stop being feminine and men will stop being masculine. When women started playing sports like basketball and soccer did that mean they stopped being feminine then?

I think people are making way too big of a deal about this. If some people want a completely traditional relationship that's fine. But relationships are far more complex then saying one simple act will determine which role one plays.

As for house keeping, I think a lot of guys are simply lazy and don't want to do it so declare it women's work.

I've washed dishes, mopped floors, had to look after my niece and I didn't feel like less of a man.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:27 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm not sure how the idea of women asking men out more means that women will stop being feminine and men will stop being masculine. When women started playing sports like basketball and soccer did that mean they stopped being feminine then?

I think people are making way too big of a deal about this. If some people want a completely traditional relationship that's fine. But relationships are far more complex then saying one simple act will determine which role one plays.

As for house keeping, I think a lot of guys are simply lazy and don't want to do it so declare it women's work.

I've washed dishes, mopped floors, had to look after my niece and I didn't feel like less of a man.
I prefer it if women don't ask men out. I don't like it and am turned off by it.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 AM

36,545 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:

I didnt say women would stop being feminine.

My examples were role reversals. Someone posted women should chase after the guys, be the ones to ask them out on dates and pay for the dates (a reversal of how it once was) because it is so unfair for men to have to put all that effort into dating since women now have equal rights and earn their own money. Which is happening and is all fine and dandy. But with that are they also fine with taking their wife's surname, having their sons and grandchildren taking the maternal surname. And being comfortable when their teenage daughters go after teenage boys and ask for the keys and a few bucks so they can pick up their dates and initiate sex in the back seat.

Or are they just ok with this tradition reversal during the dating process for themselves but want to revert back to traditional gender roles once a relationship is established?

Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Why would you even think that would make you less of a man?
Are you implying that those things are a woman's job and doing them is beneath man and would would make him OMG womanly?

Old 10-21-2015, 10:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,681 times
Quote:
Are you implying that those things are a woman's job and doing them is beneath man and would would make him OMG womanly?
Yes and it's true.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:16 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,214,097 times
Quote:
I didnt say women would stop being feminine.

My examples were role reversals. Someone posted women should chase after the guys, be the ones to ask them out on dates and pay for the dates (a reversal of how it once was) because it is so unfair for men to have to put all that effort into dating since women now have equal rights and earn their own money. Which is happening and is all fine and dandy. But with that are they also fine with taking their wife's surname, having their sons and grandchildren taking the maternal surname. And being comfortable when their teenage daughters go after teenage boys and ask for the keys and a few bucks so they can pick up their dates and initiate sex in the back seat.

Or are they just ok with this tradition reversal during the dating process for themselves but want to revert back to traditional gender roles once a relationship is established?
Some of that may already be happening. lol.

I'm also not sure why you believe that just approaching men upfront would lead to all that. From my personal experience that hasn't. A couple of girls ask me if they could go somewhere so we can get to know each other, I'm actually the one that picked the place and time for our first dates but they let me know they were interested first. *shrug*

No disrespect but I think you are overreacting a little bit. I don't see how women asking out men is going to be light switch instantly changes everything about males and females. It's already been happening more than any other time in our history.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Some of that may already be happening. lol.

I'm also not sure why you believe that just approaching men upfront would lead to all that. From my personal experience that hasn't. A couple of girls ask me if they could go somewhere so we can get to know each other, I'm actually the one that picked the place and time for our first dates but they let me know they were interested first. *shrug*

No disrespect but I think you are overreacting a little bit. I don't see how women asking out men is going to be light switch instantly changes everything about males and females. It's already been happening more than any other time in our history.
Yes it is and yes I am overreacting. Im not saying it will lead to anything, maybe maybe not. Just making a point that if you (you in general terms) are pushing for one, another role reversals which may be harder to swallow should at least be considered a possibility.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM

254 posts, read 597,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I've gotten to know everybody at my job pretty well and I observe everyone pretty closely. It's unbelievable how easy dating is for the women at my job, not one of them particularly decent looking

There is one girl, a blonde who is probably 40 lbs overweight with just horrible looking acne. She is a nice person so I can't say anything bad about her character but her intelligence is highly questionable, makes no money because she has no idea what she's doing. She has a tall good looking white boy friend - she was being pursued hard by another decent looking tall white guy with a pretty good job. Another one of my co workers is a very average looking single mom, chain smoker, very annoying voice, very average figure. She's playing 4-5 dudes at a time, getting dates constantly and being asked out constantly. I think she's sleeping with 3 different guys right now. It just blows my mind

The male equivalent of this just doesn't exist. There are no big guys with horrible acne dating good looking tall white women. Has it always been like this? It seems like dating is getting more and more lopsided - male 9s have to settle for female 6s, female 3's think they should be getting male 8s. Why is this?

I can kill myself to have a nice looking physique, a perfect complexion, a legit college degree, a 180K a year job, the latest in fashionable outfits, etc... etc... etc... and not have 1/10th the dating options as a girl who is like a 3/10 with zero accomplishments whatsoever.

What the hell would make you think women have it easier? Do you know how much work it is for us women to keep up our appearance, deal with obnoxious jocks who only look at your cleavage and don't even notice you are speaking? We have to deal with some of the most obnoxious men around, it ain't easy. Once in a while a nice guy comes around and it's like a breath of fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships