Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 07:41 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
I'm not so sure dating is easier for women than men. If you mean, because many men have to put in the work more then ok. But I don't think dating is easy for anybody anymore. More woman have casual sex much more often now and don't need a relationship for that. Which is good. Men might be intimidated by that scenario. I think the computer has made it hard for all people because "attention spans" are short in this day and age. Too much texting etc. I'm old school. If I meet someone I like, I would never text them. If a girl wanted to text me, I would probably lose interest if that was her main form of communication. I like the old fashion "talking on the phone."
I don't think that it's really intimidating as much as it is simply deceitful. A lot of women will be sleeping with one guy, while letting another guy court her, which is not fair to the guy courting her, imo.

Case in point, I was talking to a girl about a year ago. I was talking to her and getting to know her. She was giving me a bit of a hard time, but I found out that she was interested. I also found out that she was sleeping with another guy. At that point, offended, I slowly backed out (I work with her so I had to be a bit coy) and became a lot busier (towards her). Eventually, she got the hint. She did have a lot of nerve though.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
It almost makes you wonder if the next Elliot Rodger is here on this board doesn't it?
Doubtful.

Elliot Rodger was a friendless virgin that did absolutely nothing all day. Most men on here have friends, are not virgins, and have jobs.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 PM

238 posts, read 223,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I don't think that it's really intimidating as much as it is simply deceitful. A lot of women will be sleeping with one guy, while letting another guy court her, which is not fair to the guy courting her, imo.

Case in point, I was talking to a girl about a year ago. I was talking to her and getting to know her. She was giving me a bit of a hard time, but I found out that she was interested. I also found out that she was sleeping with another guy. At that point, offended, I slowly backed out (I work with her so I had to be a bit coy) and became a lot busier (towards her). Eventually, she got the hint. She did have a lot of nerve though.
Yeah, that is very messed up. I wouldn't want to date her. Keep in mind though, many guys do that as well. The "crappy" player mentality came about in the nineties. I was never good at it. I would catch feelings.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
It almost makes you wonder if the next Elliot Rodger is here on this board doesn't it?
Tell me about it.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
A little bit.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, I didn't say that. But some guys do discover that the average Jane they didn't notice at first suddenly became date-worthy, even marriage-worthy, after they discovered her great qualities. It happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Good for them I can't do it..I need at least some sort of physical attraction or I'm just can't do it..

Okay, but this is one of the problems keeping some from having involvements.

I have a question for the men - what happens if you are spending time with a woman you find physically attractive, only to discover that she possesses personality traits that are bothersome - are you still turned on? Or do you care, being that sex is what matters? I mean, what if she turns out to be selfish, doesn't listen, can't communicate, is juvenile, doesn't know how to prepare a meal, has an odd laugh, talks about her old boyfriends, is late, doesn't appreciate you, lies, doesn't share your interests, is bad with money or is even not that great in bed?

Old 10-20-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
But I've dated some women that it took two hours every day to get ready. I would hate to have to live like that everyday. Me, in and out of shower in five minutes-done. And they do it everyday just to go outside! Think of how tiring that could be.
It is tiring. Now, men want women to look the way they want, but then they find out the truth.. that it can be tedious. (I know, I have heard male neighbors having lived upstairs shower, then they are leaving within minutes... WOW..such freedom).

Old 10-20-2015, 12:25 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Okay, but this is one of the problems keeping some from having involvements.

I have a question for the men - what happens if you are spending time with a woman you find physically attractive, only to discover that she possesses personality traits that are bothersome - are you still turned on? Or do you care, being that sex is what matters? I mean, what if she turns out to be selfish, doesn't listen, can't communicate, is juvenile, doesn't know how to prepare a meal, has an odd laugh, talks about her old boyfriends, is late, doesn't appreciate you, lies, doesn't share your interests, is bad with money or is even not that great in bed?

How did you know my ex-wife???

(Only kidding!)

Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post

Just to say, I was never like that, myself. I always dated one person at a time, as I would be wanting to develop a relationship, unlike some men who I would discover were not doing so, themselves. I think men are more likely to sneakily have multiple partners, but then, it is a type who would do this, whether male or female - not warm, all surface, uncaring, likely incapable of developing a relationship.

Some men seem to be attracted to a "type of girl" on a surface level, but who will be selfish, a taker, a cheater, who wants a man for his money. Then, we see men complaining (not just here), about these very women, as if there are no options. Another thing, do men ever use their instincts when meeting or becoming involved with another?

Old 10-20-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Just to say, I was never like that, myself. I always dated one person at a time, as I would be wanting to develop a relationship, unlike some men who I would discover were not doing so, themselves. I think men are more likely to sneakily have multiple partners, but then, it is a type who would do this, whether male or female - not warm, all surface, uncaring, likely incapable of developing a relationship.

Some men seem to be attracted to a "type of girl" on a surface level, but who will be selfish, a taker, a cheater, who wants a man for his money. Then, we see men complaining (not just here), about these very women, as if there are no options. Another thing, do men ever use their instincts when meeting or becoming involved with another?
I screen women very hard. That's how I found out about what was going on. The info didn't just fall into my lap. I had to hustle a bit and do some ethically questionable things to find this out. Totally worth it.

The great thing about the internet today is that you can find out anything, really, if you have the time and interest.

But my answer to this question is that I don't need instincts. My research ability and various connections will get me everything I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships