Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 08:59 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times

Advertisements

I'm a woman & my dating life is a joke. I'm a few inches under 5ft. Being a short and ranking myself as a plain, geeky lady along with minor health issues, my love life is DOA.

It's all in the eye of the beholder of what gender has it harder when it comes to dating

Old 10-17-2015, 09:05 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I'm a woman & my dating life is a joke. I'm a few inches under 5ft. Being a short and ranking myself as a plain, geeky lady along with minor health issues, my love life is DOA.

It's all in the eye of the beholder of what gender has it harder when it comes to dating
Being a short female is not a big deal. It must be other things.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:30 PM

52,260 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Being a short female is not a big deal. It must be other things.
What more do you want... she said a "few inches below 5 ft" that alone sort of puts her in the odd camp, than factor in geeky with health issues...

What do you need to hear/see for you to get that women don't always have it super easy as so many men say.. I agree that in general women have the upper hand to a degree, but that is just with an initial meeting of a man, but they still have issues trying to find an actual relationship, and at that point the odds are about the same for both men and women.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:37 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And that's part of the problem. These guys who "can't get a date" only want the women who are in that top 20% to 30%. They don't actually want to get to KNOW a woman as a complex human being, or have a relationship where they become close to someone. They want a thing.
it works the other way. Most Women only want the top 20% of men and reject the other 80%. 80% of women go after the top 20% of men which forces men below that to settle. A male with a 6 SMV will typically be happy with a female equivalent and won't expect a female model, whereas the female 6 will still want the alpha who will often be willing to sleep with them and the male 6 will never get a model's interest. Most men do not only want the top 20% of women. They'll be attracted to them but most men know they have no chance and will be more realistic than most women, who are far choosier because they're the ones pursued.

The next 50% of women below the top 30% will settle for the next 20% of men after realizing that the top 20% of men may use them for sex but will never commit to them.

The bottom 20% of women and the bottom 50% of men really struggle with dating and to mate. As both sexes age it starts to swing around as women's SMV dips with age and men's can increase with good finances. It's a nightmare for younger men though who aren't in that top 20% or at least the next 30%..

Last edited by gazzaa2; 10-18-2015 at 04:01 AM..

Old 10-18-2015, 05:11 AM

579 posts, read 555,664 times
lol ^that last post is so wrong, I'm laughing

Old 10-18-2015, 05:52 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
I think it's very true in teens and 20s. The percentages start to change and flip a bit as both sexes age beyond that.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
But it sounds so scientifical! It mut be true.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM

579 posts, read 555,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I think it's very true in teens and 20s. The percentages start to change and flip a bit as both sexes age beyond that.
"A male with a 6 SMV will typically be happy with a female equivalent and won't expect a female model". This is so wrong that it's laughable. If anything young males are incredibly immature and constantly shooting out of their leagues. I've seen plenty young men go for women above their leagues. Young women I've seen are a lot more realistic in terms of looks and what men they can get. Just because a girl can have sex with a "male model" once or twice doesn't mean she expects to lock him down and date him.

And either way, looks are subjective. What one man finds "really hot" another man might just find "average", so I am always a bit suspicious of anyone who uses the 10 point scale as if it's fact. It's just an opinion.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
"A male with a 6 SMV will typically be happy with a female equivalent and won't expect a female model". This is so stupid and wrong that it's laughable. If anything young males are incredibly immature and constantly shooting out of their leagues. I've seen plenty young men go for women above their leagues. Young women I've seen are a lot more realistic in terms of looks and what men they can get. Just because a girl can have sex with a "male model" once or twice doesn't mean she expects to lock him down and date him.
I'm not sure what makes your experiences automatically right and his wrong. I've seen my share of women who only want the hottest men out there when they themselves could stand to take better care of themselves.

At this point there are shallow people of both genders everywhere.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:02 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
There's a big difference between 'can't get a date' and 'don't get asked out'...if you aren't directly asking people out, then you dont truly know whether you can't get a date or not, as youve never put forth maximum effort to make it happen, yourself.

I always find it comical when actors like Melissa Mcarthy, Amy Pohler, or Tina Fey, try to replicate that sophmoric, fratboy, sex starved style of comedy that men do in their movies....it comes off as ridiculous...they sit there trying to be funny by saying stupid stuff that they've heard sex starved men say like "hubba hubba, what I wouldn't give to get a taste of that pie!..har har!". ...." I wonder what a girl's gotta do to get a some action with a piece of ass like that...har har har!"....and I always think to myself 'uum probably walk up to him and ask him verbatim, in the way you just said it to your girlfriend. You should probably quit pretending you don't know how to make that happen, if that's truly what you want, as a woman...lol".

And I realize as women theyve been told they're downtrodden and put upon etc, and probably think this facade of "reverse objectification" will "really stick it to those oppressive men, and we'll give em a taste of their own medicine by pretending we're always interested in sexually objectifying them..yah!".... The only problem is that the men who do that, aren't pretending. Which is how women came up withwords like " creeper" to describe overly aggressive men. So, it always sounds ridiculous and not even remotely convincing when these women do it because they act like theyre some sex starved hornballs, when the reality is that even if they aren't getting approached by men, OR aren't getting approached by the men they WANT, if they put forth even a little initiative to approach the men they want themselves, they would more than likely be getting sexed before they even finished asking. But sitting back fondling their hair and cocking their head over to one side and acting like they're flirting from a distance and then moaning about not getting approached is not the same as approaching someone and being turned down and then realizing you can't get a date. But that's what their characters do, and it makes their comedy style come across as borrowed and formulaic.

Last edited by soletaire; 10-18-2015 at 08:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.