Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 04:34 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
And the 2 date and done thread - you are only seeing one aspect of dating. I've had more friends that I can count that went on one date with a guy and never heard from him again.

Why is it SO HARD for some of you guys to accept that women do not control every aspect of dating and relationships? This is just beyond ridiculous to me. Do you really think that no woman has ever been dumped before or had some guy ghost on her? It happens ALL THE TIME.
I'm sure some guys ghost. But I think a lot of time, the women don't care if the guys doesn't make any efforts again to contact them after the first date. Plenty more where that came from. And sometimes, guys won't re-contact a woman because they don't think she's down for more interaction.

Women ghost on men FAR MORE often than men do it to women.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'm sure some guys ghost. But I think a lot of time, the women don't care if the guys doesn't make any efforts again to contact them after the first date. Plenty more where that came from. And sometimes, guys won't re-contact a woman because they don't think she's down for more interaction.

Women ghost on men FAR MORE often than men do it to women.
It's like ramming my head into a wall. I'm a woman. I have women friends. I've had many a woman cry to me because she was dumped. I've had many a woman tell me how upset they are that some guy that they met never called them again - or slept with them and didn't call them again. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Why is it so hard to understand that women get rejected, too? It happens ALL THE TIME. My roommate was severely depressed for almost a year because her boyfriend of less than a year dumped her.

Rejection is not based on gender.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:21 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
It's like ramming my head into a wall. I'm a woman. I have women friends. I've had many a woman cry to me because she was dumped. I've had many a woman tell me how upset they are that some guy that they met never called them again - or slept with them and didn't call them again. This happens ALL THE TIME.

Why is it so hard to understand that women get rejected, too? It happens ALL THE TIME. My roommate was severely depressed for almost a year because her boyfriend of less than a year dumped her.

Don't hurt yourself. Sometimes you just have to walk away. There is such a thing as willful ignorance.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:

Men approach more and are, therefore, rejected more. A woman may experience a few rejections in her life here and there, but men will experience a TON of rejection almost constantly.

For some reason, most women can't seem to wrap their head around this notion.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:37 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Men approach more and are, therefore, rejected more. A woman may experience a few rejections in her life here and there, but men will experience a TON of rejection almost constantly.

For some reason, most women can't seem to wrap their head around this notion.
It is true that men approach more and so will be rejected. But that's still not counting all the women who aren't being approached to begin with. They are being rejected by being dismissed as not being worth the effort in the first place. It's just a less interactive form of rejection than what men are experiencing.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:40 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It is true that men approach more and so will be rejected. But that's still not counting all the women who aren't being approached to begin with. They are being rejected by being dismissed as not being worth the effort in the first place. It's just a less interactive form of rejection than what men are experiencing.
True... good point... never really thought about it that way.... but I wonder which sting is worse, never getting asked, and passed over or one where the person actively shoots you down.... IDK... either way it's no fun.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:42 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Women are free to approach any time they want if they see a guy that they like.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
True... good point... never really thought about it that way.... but I wonder which sting is worse, never getting asked, and passed over or one where the person actively shoots you down.... IDK... either way it's no fun.
That's the thing - I don't know that there is a "worse." I think it sucks to be a man and ask women out only to be rejected over and over. I think it also sucks to be a woman and constantly be passed over for your friends or someone else and to not garner any attention at all. When the person you are interested in asks your friend out instead of you - that still feels like a rejection. And it still sucks.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:47 PM

154 posts, read 127,976 times
Quote:
That's the thing - I don't know that there is a "worse." I think it sucks to be a man and ask women out only to be rejected over and over. I think it also sucks to be a woman and constantly be passed over for your friends or someone else and to not garner any attention at all. When the person you are interested in asks your friend out instead of you - that still feels like a rejection. And it still sucks.
I've noticed that some females (usually college age) will dress themselves up by hanging out with females that are noticeably less attractive. Which begs the question, why do the other females tag along? You know they are getting repeatedly passed over.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:07 AM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
Quote:
Nonsense, being passed over is no way the same as facing your fear, approaching someone then then trying to foster a connection with them through wit and charm only to be rejected.

I will be blunt here, I think that this thread is largely made up of men who can't get laid and women who are not conventionally attractive or self professed introverts (never go out) who get passed over for prettier or more outgoing girls.

The fact remains in the real world of people who manage to sleep with say a new person they are attracted to relatively frequently, once every few months ( a minimum average benchmark for both guys and girls). Women still find it easier to date and pick up prospective partners until around 30ish.

I think anything else is just semantics.

Last edited by nograviti; 10-19-2015 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.