Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times

Advertisements

That's the sad part....I only live with them two weeks out of the month, while I'm out at work (I'm not now). We commute by float plane and it's a *cough* dry *wink* camp. So we have to have friends in town send us care packages and we find it expedient to be circumspect as we were told we would be flogged (and not in a fun way) if caught indulging in spirits. So...I know I posted this in the Alaska forum but....the trick is all in double cupping. Take two paper cups and put a teabag in the bottom of one and let the tag hang out over the side. Then, in the other cup, put in your tasty beverage of choice. There you have it, an innocent cup of tea.

I gotta go make sure to tell that guy in the community chat forum who negative repped me for saying I was on the internet at work about this too.... he'll have a freakin' fit LOL.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:39 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I am probably the only male replying on these topics. I have an idea like most males why women are wearing less and less clothes today. What I am asking is "Why do women think they have to expose so much of their flesh if it is not for SEXUAL GRATIFICATION". Males do not complain. Will some females answer my curiosity via a females perspective only.NO MALE ANSWERS. Thanks Stefhen
Because those that do, have no confidence in themselves....they also are high maintenance mentally....they do it to seek the exact attention they get. What they don't realize, there are some really sick people out there, who cannot control their hormones, and might literally rape them...and even worse, take their lives.

There are women who cannot go out of the house without make up...it is they're (waht they think to be) and exptension of the self.

A woman who exposes herself deep down inside, knows exactly what she is doing....and she loves and needs the attention...otherwise, couldn't feel good about herself.

Just my take.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
There are women who cannot go out of the house without make up...it is they're (waht they think to be) and exptension of the self.
If the barn needs painting, paint it! There are some women that have morphic disorder, I know, and then there are some that really shouldnt leave the house without makeup.
I really dont think its anyones business whether one chooses to go out out sans face, or with full maquillage.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If the barn needs painting, paint it! There are some women that have morphic disorder, I know, and then there are some that really shouldnt leave the house without makeup.
I really dont think its anyones business whether one chooses to go out out sans face, or with full maquillage.
while my opinion doesn't matter to you and you do disagree with it...I didn't write it to ruffle anyone's feathers...only stating a physicological fact, be it my business or not...it is not only my opinion, but the opinion of many qualified people. I'm not saying you should or should not do it...and those who know me, know that I'm not telling people they're wrong for how they chose to live their lives....whatever floats your boat...

Now back to the topic....I was not stressing a morphic disorder...what I was doing was explaining how little confidence American woman do possess, and I used to be one of those women, but as you grow older, your priorities change....when people start dieing around you...when you've hurt and been hurt...you realize, a whole lot of differences, from when you were younger, and less confident. Including myself...

Creme

Old 02-07-2008, 11:33 AM

Wait.

Quote:
Because those that do, have no confidence in themselves....they also are high maintenance mentally....they do it to seek the exact attention they get. What they don't realize, there are some really sick people out there, who cannot control their hormones, and might literally rape them...and even worse, take their lives.

A woman who exposes herself deep down inside, knows exactly what she is doing....and she loves and needs the attention...otherwise, couldn't feel good about herself.

Just my take.
Why don't some people get that tarting oneself up a bit doesn't mean that you heighten your chances of being raped?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Wait.

Why don't some people get that tarting oneself up a bit doesn't mean that you heighten your chances of being raped?

and why is it when someone makes a statement, others take it to the complete oppposite side of the spectrum.....do you even realize what the topic of this thread is about? We are not talking the norm....

dressing with almost nothing on, was what I was referring to, and yes, believe it or not, there are sick people out there who when viewing young woman with almost nothing on, will think it's an invitation to touch...we're not talking about someone tarting it up a bit...I wear make up...and I love to tart up a bit...but, in the same, this topic is about women wearing less and less clothes and not about the norm...

and I made a statement before, that some women cannot even go out of the house, without makeup on....and dressing up...and I was one of those women at one time....so what?

Why does everyone take offense so easily...as I said, I'm sorry if I ruffled any fethers, but IT IS My opinion and the last time I looked, I was FREE to give one? did I touch a sensitive chord or what....Sheeesh...

again, I apologize for upsetting anyone, but I won't apologize for my opinion....

I suggest some of you take the time to allow others theres...Its ok to disagree, but it's not ok to be rude and contradictive...we're discussing an issue here, not pointing fingers at you.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 PM

LOL...I'm not offended.

I was responding to this particular statement:

Quote:
It did rather sound as if you were drawing a correlation between rape and the style of dress a woman chooses. Sorry if I read it wrong.

Guess I'm safe for the day--got my carharrt jeans and a turtleneck sweater on.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,048,165 times
After reading that UCLA study, it makes me want to approach a nicely dressed woman and say "I like your necklace... are you by chance ovulating?" hahahahaha no I would never do that, but it's fun to think about

Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM

I hope none of my local boys are reading this--I'm going to be daring and go to the Post Office without gloves and a hat today because it isn't snowing for the first time in a week.

By the way--as far as rape stats go--Alaska is pretty high in that department. I can assure you it ain't because we're running around in next to no clothing up here.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-07-2008 at 12:38 PM..

Old 02-07-2008, 02:57 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Guess I'm safe for the day--got my carharrt jeans and a turtleneck sweater on.
Carharrts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships