Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 01:09 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,092,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
As a rule, I don't date co workers. I would say most of my time spent has to do with music. I like to attend concerts. I'm thinking about volunteering for Bernie Sanders campaign if the right role exists.
Working on a campaign might be a way to meet someone compatible. I totally agree with you, no need to date someone who is not who you want, just to be dating.

If you are meeting random women, keep in mind about 70 to 80% will *NOT* be child-free. That still gives you about 2 out of 10 for this not to be a problem, assuming all the other factors are compatible.

Another idea might be to do some volunteer work for NARAL or similar, while the crew there won't be 100% child-free, probably more than 20%.

Again, I think anyone looking for a "Purple Squirrel" ought to go primarily with OLD.

Props to you for insisting on thinking with the "big head". Keep on keepin' on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 05:56 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
that's why you spin them plates, homie. Don't focus on one woman, because you are wasting time and it may lead to oneitis, which is a very bad disease for a man to catch. Get to the point where you have to write down your dates for the next 7 days so you don't forget their names, and you will know you have already won.
What exactly is he winning in the above situation, other than the stress of trying to remember the women he will be dating?

Old 11-12-2015, 06:24 PM

282 posts, read 219,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't scream at you, I simply stated that being attracted to someone and chemistry has nothing to do with logic. Falling in love has nothing to do with logic. If people were rationale, they would never fall in love. Thankfully, we're not rationale in that arena.

I then asked you how successful have you been doing using logic to fall in love. You haven't been, so it seems. So suggesting that as a course of action is not prudent.

I think people really underestimate here how hard it is to find that chemistry and fall in love. You don't case away a chance at love because there MIGHT be some fundamental compatibility difference. That's just nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm quite the logical person, and one thing Ive learned when it comes to relationships... is the heart knows no logic.
Agreed. Me and my husband are prime example of illogicals. Well actually it is him because he did tell me he KNOWS I want kids. It's in my profile. He did say it stated in his profile, he didn't want kids. Silly me, I did not check. Had I known, we would not be married today because I will not even meet him!

In fairness to him, he did made me think for a week! to make sure I will not blame him that I will be childless if decide to marry him.

Then there was the condom breaking 2 months into marriage, the drama that followed that made us almost divorced...

Relationship, I am telling you, logic is FAR from it. In fact it is out of the window. Love and logic don't mix. Period. At least for us.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:33 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Working on a campaign might be a way to meet someone compatible. I totally agree with you, no need to date someone who is not who you want, just to be dating.

If you are meeting random women, keep in mind about 70 to 80% will *NOT* be child-free. That still gives you about 2 out of 10 for this not to be a problem, assuming all the other factors are compatible.
!
OP is in his mid-20's. Most women in his age range are child-free. If you mean, don't plan to remain child-free, and want to have kids someday, then you have a point.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Your choice have no effect on me. So I could care less if you make the choice if screwing cows.

But love is not logical, Diss. You may never understand that, but that is the only truth in love.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
As a rule, I don't date co workers. I would say most of my time spent has to do with music. I like to attend concerts. I'm thinking about volunteering for Bernie Sanders campaign if the right role exists.
Canvassing, and staffing a campaign office is a great way to meet like-minded people. Concerts can be good, too, if you're the friendly type, and are comfortable striking up conversations with strangers, which may not be your thing. Are you still in grad school? Grad school has a lot of potential for meeting people, too.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Agreed. Me and my husband are prime example of illogicals. Well actually it is him because he did tell me he KNOWS I want kids. It's in my profile. He did say it stated in his profile, he didn't want kids. Silly me, I did not check. Had I known, we would not be married today because I will not even meet him!

In fairness to him, he did made me think for a week! to make sure I will not blame him that I will be childless if decide to marry him.

Then there was the condom breaking 2 months into marriage, the drama that followed that made us almost divorced...

Relationship, I am telling you, logic is FAR from it. In fact it is out of the window. Love and logic don't mix. Period. At least for us.
Nice story and all due respect but, you both made choices I would never have made. It just does not make sense to me to pursue someone who is decided on having children when I'm decided on not having children.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:17 PM

282 posts, read 219,408 times
Quote:
Nice story and all due respect but, you both made choices I would never have made. It just does not make sense to me to pursue someone who is decided on having children when I'm decided on not having children.
Well my husband said he did have second thoughts contacting me. Because he was aware of the fact. I honestly wasn't. I don't know what would have happened had I known. I am leaning on... I would still be online dating by now. Either that or full time hermit mode.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:04 PM

565 posts, read 432,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
What exactly is he winning in the above situation, other than the stress of trying to remember the women he will be dating?
It leads to many more women finding him attractive, just because of it, and he gets to choose the best mate, if he is ever wanting to settle down. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Well, you said to keep you posted. That girl isn't gonna work out. Just not attracted to her. God, I feel like I'm asking the world for one woman out of 7-8 billion to like me who I actually have a PHYSICAL attraction to.
Just curious, how did you arrive at this conclusion? Was it all based on FB photos? Did you even meet up with her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships