Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

I got screamed at yesterday for stating I would consider it a major lack of logic for someone who has a stance to get involved with someone who had a staunchly different take of the stance. The stance was having children, not exactly a what's for dinner question that can be negotiated? Sorry, not sorry, I would definitely say getting involved with someone who might want children when you DEFINITELY don't want children shows a lack of critical thinking and logic. People tried to come at me with you'll logic yourself to the singles ward of the nursing home, call me when you selected a partner on logic,etc.

My point is logic should not be cast aside when choosing who to date and more importantly who NOT to date. If you as a childfree person want to get involved with someone who wants kids? Fine, but you have no right to complain when you get dumped or are forced to make a tough decision of whether to have kids to keep them or not when you could have avoided that noise by not getting involved with someone who had a different take than you on such a crucial issue.

Alright CD, commence on telling me I'm nothing because I've never been in a substantial romantic relationship. Ain't nothing I've never heard before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I got screamed at yesterday for stating I would consider it a major lack of logic for someone who has a stance to get involved with someone who had a staunchly different take of the stance. The stance was having children, not exactly a what's for dinner question that can be negotiated? Sorry, not sorry, I would definitely say getting involved with someone who might want children when you DEFINITELY don't want children shows a lack of critical thinking and logic. People tried to come at me with you'll logic yourself to the singles ward of the nursing home, call me when you selected a partner on logic,etc.

My point is logic should not be cast aside when choosing who to date and more importantly who NOT to date. If you as a childfree person want to get involved with someone who wants kids? Fine, but you have no right to complain when you get dumped or are forced to make a tough decision of whether to have kids to keep them or not when you could have avoided that noise by not getting involved with someone who had a different take than you on such a crucial issue.

Alright CD, commence on telling me I'm nothing because I've never been in a substantial romantic relationship. Ain't nothing I've never heard before.
Im not going to tell you that.

Logic is important.

There is also the "magic" factor of love, and some people will always believe (sometimes from experience) that you could be swayed to change your mind if you fall strongly for a woman, and if you also fall for her kids. It happens.

Plus people love to tease other people.

If you KNOW you don't want kids ever,then fine, stay away from women with kids.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Dissenter: I'm in complete agreement with you. Lots of women do exactly the same thing, and reject men because they are too short, or don't make enough money or live with their mother, among many other criteria. Men are allowed to have standards also.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
I didn't scream at you, I simply stated that being attracted to someone and chemistry has nothing to do with logic. Falling in love has nothing to do with logic. If people were rationale, they would never fall in love. Thankfully, we're not rationale in that arena.

I then asked you how successful have you been doing using logic to fall in love. You haven't been, so it seems. So suggesting that as a course of action is not prudent.

I think people really underestimate here how hard it is to find that chemistry and fall in love. You don't case away a chance at love because there MIGHT be some fundamental compatibility difference. That's just nuts.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I'm quite the logical person, and one thing Ive learned when it comes to relationships... is the heart knows no logic.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:08 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
First of all..."Step Away From the C-D!".
You are who you are....and needn't feel obligated to apologize, explain yourself, or change.
Most of us here, are...just text on a screen.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Oh so this is a thread made from a personal argument. Ah!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't scream at you, I simply stated that being attracted to someone and chemistry has nothing to do with logic. Falling in love has nothing to do with logic. If people were rationale, they would never fall in love. Thankfully, we're not rationale in that arena.

I then asked you how successful have you been doing using logic to fall in love. You haven't been, so it seems. So suggesting that as a course of action is not prudent.

I think people really underestimate here how hard it is to find that chemistry and fall in love. You don't case away a chance at love because there MIGHT be some fundamental compatibility difference. That's just nuts.
In that case, there WAS a compatibility difference, on a very critical issue. That ain't throwing away a chance at love, that is trying to avoid an inevitable war down the line.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:17 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
I think the more important question is, why do you care so much what a bunch of anonymous people online think of your opinions? At the end of the day, it's not as big of a deal as you've made it out to be in your head. Perhaps a vacation from online might help you put things back in perspective?

Old 11-05-2015, 06:20 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
I understand how you feel believe me. The problem is when you're dealing with people you can throw logic out the window. As I've stated on here, I was in a year and a half relationship with someone who initially had no desire to have children. She said her career was more important to her and she was not comfortable around kids. Well, that was good enough for me. Eighteen months later, she has a change of heart. It was a very difficult decision as we had moved in together and made plans. Not going to lie, it took a long time to get over and didn't get into another relationship for six years or so. You can take every precaution but there is no guarantee unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships