Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 01:42 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You just called a lot of us cheap. I consider that malice.
There is no malice if that statement is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 01:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Nope. I have a lot of female platonic friends. If I ask you out to a date, it is because I'm interested in you romantically not platonically. If I bare myself emotionally as well as my wallet to you and you decide not to share my interest, I just bared myself for nothing and there is no going back after that. I'm going to feel no closer to my goal.
So do you think that women should only accept dates from men that they've already decided that they 100% definitely want to have sex with?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:43 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
You just called a lot of us cheap. I consider that malice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
That wasn't in my original post.
Quote:
Some of the cats here are a bit too cheap.

Never mind the above, I find CAO as being intentionally obtuse. "Ignorant" doesn't mean "stupid" either, but it does in the context that many people use it. If they're going to stick with maintaining it as a neutral remark, then so be it. I read it otherwise.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM

854 posts, read 586,198 times
Quote:
That wasn't in my original post. That said, I'd say yes, many of the guys here are quite obviously cheap. If you want to consider that malicious, okay.

If you give a guy a chance who is already an El Cheapo right at the outset, it only gets worse overtime (things naturally become more egalitarian when it goes from dating to relationship). They end up becoming some petty mother********s. It's appalling.

I'm no cheapo but if I just met a guy, I expect him to pay. Most of the time the first date is going to be low-key anyways (like coffee or dessert) until you know whether there's a rapport. My S.O. did pay for most of our dates in the beginning (partially because I was precariously employed and looking for full-time work when we met, so, broke), but it MORE than evens out in the end; for my boyfriend's 30th birthday I bought him a week-long Caribbean vacation.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is no malice if that statement is true.
Now this is GROSSLY false. I can say a lot of very true things with tons of malice.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:45 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Never mind the above, I find CAO as being intentionally obtuse. "Ignorant" doesn't mean "stupid" either, but it does in the context that many people use it. If they're going to stick with maintaining it as a neutral remark, then so be it. I read it otherwise.
Read it however you want to read it. I'm so sorry to have hurt your fragile feelings guys. If you want to consider me thinking you are being cheap malicious, okay. But you are being cheap. I see that as my pointing out a fact. Not being intentionally malicious. Sometimes the truth hurts but isn't intended to be malicious per se. Please go back to pinching those pennies.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
So *how you read it* is the truth just because that is how you read it yet the one who posted that their intent in making a true statement was not guided by malice but truth yet they are wrong because you said so, you read it differently and you don't undestand the statement as presented?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:49 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I want a girlfriend for companionship and sex and a partner I can actually share cool experiences with. You are barking up the wrong tree with the traditional provider stuff. I'm fine with a woman making more than me and working late a few nights a week to further her career at work. I'm not having kids so no "family" to worry about. Don't get me wrong, I'll handle my business as far as job-wise but I want a woman to be an equal partner.
So does this seem to be the consensus on dating among your age group?
I see a lot of younger women, my sons and nephews date, that definitely aren't interested in cleanliness, dont know how to work a stove, etc. They tend to be more of a friends with benefits situation although its their girlfriend. Often these girls arent very employed either tho. I'm just wonder if this is the trend, really no expectations other than being in the present. Of course I also see the relationships not lasting long.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Now this is GROSSLY false. I can say a lot of very true things with tons of malice.
No it isn't false but you appear to believe it so it must be true. I am not going to argue with you so whatever you believe is whatever you believe.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry to have hurt your fragile feelings guys. Please go back to pinching those pennies.
"But I didn't say it with malice!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So *how you read it* is the truth just because that is how you read it yet the one who posted that their intent in making a true statement was not guided by malice but truth yet they are wrong because you said so, you read it differently and you don't undestand the statement as presented?
You can't be this naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships