Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:11 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I CANNOT be happy for someone who has what I want. I know it is awful and crappy and makes me a piece of crap but I can acknowledge it at least. It is super hard.
So if you have a client who is married, has kids and is pregnant again would you be able to get past your jealousy?

Also, is it being in a relationship that is most important or is it the companionship of a relationship, being together as much as possible etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
you really don't get it. I wonder if you ever will. First off, you have never been in a real relationship, you have been in relationships that have lasted a few months, and those aren't relationships, that is dating and being in the honeymoon phase. Real long term relationships are NOTHING like that. You say yourself you are needy and clingy in a relationship. Why would ANY normal guy want someone like that, unless they were controlling and abusive ( and that type makes a great dad, don't you think?)... I have been married for 13 years, and I don't even feel wanted every day. or needed. my son is growing up, he is becoming is own person. Sure, I could cling to him like you would do, but that isn't what is best for him. Living with someone is no picnic, I have a good relationship, but that is because we respect each others space and aren't at all clingy. You are not ready for a relationship if you are this clingy with people. And you want a military guy, because you are so confident and secure that when they are out of town you won't drive them crazy with constant texts? And if you think marriage will make you suddenly feel secure, it won't. If you aren't secure dating you sure heck won't be secure married and having kids. The fact you say you " want other people to know you can pull someone' is freaking insane. Do you honestly think that being married makes anyone a better person? I have no clue where you get that from. Some of the best people I know are single, by choice. Being married doesn't make you better or worse than anyone, it's your actions in life. I would have just as much value if I was single as I do now. You just want to put on a big show and have the big ceremony and be the centre of attention, and that's all you want. To " show people".

Old 03-30-2016, 03:10 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
you really don't get it. I wonder if you ever will. First off, you have never been in a real relationship, you have been in relationships that have lasted a few months, and those aren't relationships, that is dating and being in the honeymoon phase. Real long term relationships are NOTHING like that. You say yourself you are needy and clingy in a relationship. Why would ANY normal guy want someone like that, unless they were controlling and abusive ( and that type makes a great dad, don't you think?)... I have been married for 13 years, and I don't even feel wanted every day. or needed. my son is growing up, he is becoming is own person. Sure, I could cling to him like you would do, but that isn't what is best for him. Living with someone is no picnic, I have a good relationship, but that is because we respect each others space and aren't at all clingy. You are not ready for a relationship if you are this clingy with people. And you want a military guy, because you are so confident and secure that when they are out of town you won't drive them crazy with constant texts? And if you think marriage will make you suddenly feel secure, it won't. If you aren't secure dating you sure heck won't be secure married and having kids. The fact you say you " want other people to know you can pull someone' is freaking insane. Do you honestly think that being married makes anyone a better person? I have no clue where you get that from. Some of the best people I know are single, by choice. Being married doesn't make you better or worse than anyone, it's your actions in life. I would have just as much value if I was single as I do now. You just want to put on a big show and have the big ceremony and be the centre of attention, and that's all you want. To " show people".
Someone wanted you and married you that does make you more valuable than someone who isn't wanted

Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Someone wanted you and married you that does make you more valuable than someone who isn't wanted
No, just no.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

Nope.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

Old 03-30-2016, 03:35 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
I REALLY REALLY painfully want a military husband because they are buff and strong and manly and hot and have good morals and standards just everything.
Wow. G damn, girl. Put ya self up on that pedestal, deserving of only the best (or your concept of the best).

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Old 03-30-2016, 03:57 PM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
Wow, no that doesn't make me more valuable because someone " wanted me" ( and by the way, you only seem worried about that, that anyone wants you, what about you actually looking at them as a person/partner) You know what makes me valuable? Is that I work hard, I am good to my friends, I am kind of animals, I volunteer with animals rescues and at the spca, I am good to my parents and my brothers and sister and I am there for them, I am a good mom, and I am a good partner to my husband. The last thing, being good to my husband, isn't the only thing that matters, the other things matter too, and if I didn't have him I would still take pride in those things. I didn't write that list to show everyone how great I am, I am far from it, I wrote it to show you that other things in life are valuable too. You aren't a good friend from what I can tell. Maybe work on that for goodness sakes. I will tell you my husband would never ever ever ever have been with me if I was like you. What attracted him to me is that I already had a full life, my own friends, and wasn't going to give everything up just for him. He was adding to my already good life. You are the type of woman that probably will never have real friends, because the minute you get a guy, friends won't matter, and that is really really sad, because friends can add so much to your life. Instead of being so jealous of what people have, why not be the type of person people are drawn to, a good friend, someone who enjoys life? You really are wasting away your 20's with this stuff. You have barely even lived. You are going on a trip soon with a friend ( but only because a boyfriend isn't around of course) and you haven't ever been away without your parents? Live a little! I did some many fun trips with friends at your age. I still do. My husband knows these trips with girlfriends are important, and they are still fun. I go away with him too of course, but why is it so all or nothing? I really think you just want to show people you can be a bride. It's so sad. I didn't even have a wedding. My husband would have, I decided I didn't want all the fuss and wanted to just to a justice of the peace. You are the complete opposite, you want everyone to fuss over you, tell you how special you are. You want to " show them" And this whole business of wanting a military man, you really have no idea, my friend was married to one, they are married anymore, and he is far from a stand up guy. I am not saying none are, but they are men, some good, some bad, just like in life.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Gab

Straight up ... this ^^ is WRONG. Wrong wrong wrong.

If you think this, it means you think people only have value according to what other people think of them. It's called a reflected sense of self.

Reflected Sense of Self Versus Solid Sense of Self | Lorna Hecht

I've posted this before on your threads. Obviously it had NO effect on you whatsoever.

Do you see how that way of thinking is wrong??????

Old 03-30-2016, 04:23 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Meh. This thought process is exactly why you should stay single and thankfully so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships