Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Maybe this has been posted already. Actually, I can't believe that it hasn't, but just in case......

This poster started a thread in December '15 about an eerily similar scenario. This involves the gym and a woman he has a tenuous connection to (facebook contact), the woman seems ambivalent, OP seems anxious and is looking for the oh so right way to restore what was (which several posters point out was nothing) and eye contact is mentioned frequently. So a bit delusional.

In October '15 he started a thread about "dating momentum" with a woman he's never dated. In that thread he goes on about, you guessed it, eye contact and non verbal stuff and how he's lost momentum and wants to get it back.

Then in ****ing Feb 2010 he admits to having a "mild case" of oneitis for the past 18 months for a woman at the ****ing gym.

Just sayin.
Ugh. I am officially out. I won't play into this psychosis anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 10:14 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Maybe this has been posted already. Actually, I can't believe that it hasn't, but just in case......

This poster started a thread in December '15 about an eerily similar scenario. This involves the gym and a woman he has a tenuous connection to (facebook contact), the woman seems ambivalent, OP seems anxious and is looking for the oh so right way to restore what was (which several posters point out was nothing) and eye contact is mentioned frequently. So a bit delusional.

In October '15 he started a thread about "dating momentum" with a woman he's never dated. In that thread he goes on about, you guessed it, eye contact and non verbal stuff and how he's lost momentum and wants to get it back.

Then in ****ing Feb 2010 he admits to having a "mild case" of oneitis for the past 18 months for a woman at the ****ing gym.

Just sayin.
Yeah, those threads were linked to at some point. It's what led some of us from being encouraging to believing he's never going to ask this one out. And I learned what "oneitis" is proving CD-R educational once again.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:

I believe it has been established that this is the woman (yes, just one woman) who told him she was "moving away" to go to school. In this thread he revealed that he actually spoke to her on a single occasion for a few short minutes. It was also revealed that she has not, in fact, moved away but still goes to that gym, and there have been no further conversations.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I believe it has been established that this is the woman (yes, just one woman) who told him she was "moving away" to go to school. In this thread he revealed that he actually spoke to her on a single occasion for a few short minutes. It was also revealed that she has not, in fact, moved away but still goes to that gym, and there have been no further conversations.
Which I believe is a different gym than the one he goes to now.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:15 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Which I believe is a different gym than the one he goes to now.

I bet he has several gym memberships then, since he's had such good luck meeting and dating women he's met at the gym.

Also, he's posted about 600 times in this thread. Assuming one minute per post, that's about 6 hours of posting time. He appears to read many or most comments, especially since many of his posts include quotes, so I'd say a very conservative estimate of time he's spent on this thread is 12-15 hours. Just doesn't sound all that busy to me.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Also, he's posted about 600 times in this thread. Assuming one minute per post, that's about 6 hours of posting time. He appears to read many or most comments, especially since many of his posts include quotes, so I'd say a very conservative estimate of time he's spent on this thread is 12-15 hours. Just doesn't sound all that busy to me.
I think he just quotes posts rather than actually reads them. Otherwise, he'd know the difference between "allot" and "a lot" by now.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:55 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Yeah, it seems to start over and over again... for years.... since 2008... always having time for prompt replies to strangers on the internet-- not a minute to ask a girl out who has a w/maniacal smile every time she sees him..... following him w/her eyes across the room...."hey--do you want yo have lunch this weekend? Happy hour Tuesday night for a couple hours?" Something quick like that. It's taken years and years to spit out a request....better check the well.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:17 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times
Quote:

Just sayin.
Totally different city. I have only been here about a year

Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This I do agree with.

I'm just quoting you because you're the last one.

Here's the bottom line: SD believes what he is seeing are positive signs, that she's totally into him, that she's been talking to her friends about him because she "like likes" him and wants their approval. He is going to see things the way he WANTS to see them and our thoughts and opinions to the contrary are going to just fall on deaf, well, eyes, and be met with more and more objection that we aren't there so we don't know the real scoop no matter what red flags we feel.

Quite honestly, the only way this can be resolved at this point IS for him to ask for her number. Otherwise it's just going to be a never ending cycle of hope and overanalyzing/projecting on his part and headbanging for the rest of us.

Sadly, I don't see that happening anytime soon, unless SD figures out when she is now going to the gym and changes when he goes to match it. Because dollars to donuts (it is National Donut Day after all) she is not going to be there again today either.
She has given me positive signs Its not me wanting to see them. You of all people know signs in the situation.

I just ned to act and get it over with

Old 06-03-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
She has given me positive signs Its not me wanting to see them. You of all people know signs in the situation.
Actually, I'm the most clueless person on the planet when someone is hitting on me. Mainly because of how infrequently it happens. And it certainly doesn't happen at my gym. People go out of their way to ignore each other at my gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I just ned to act and get it over with
Please do. Though I will be surprised if you run into her prior to oh, mid-next week. Just a hunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships