Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 03:26 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see how all of you are doing.

How was your weekend?

Currently, I am dealing with my grief and stress by doing quite a bit of retail therapy. No judgement please. Ha.

I also joined a Grief support group and we had our first Zoom group meeting last week. It was SO good and the group exchanged e-mails and we reach out and check in with each other. My family is doing OK - the next challenge is saying goodbye to the G'babies when they move within the next couple of months.

It will be weird to be in this big house, just my son and I.

Hope you all are doing well and staying healthy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 03:55 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Hey everyone! Just checking in to see how all of you are doing.

How was your weekend?

Currently, I am dealing with my grief and stress by doing quite a bit of retail therapy. No judgement please. Ha.

I also joined a Grief support group and we had our first Zoom group meeting last week. It was SO good and the group exchanged e-mails and we reach out and check in with each other. My family is doing OK - the next challenge is saying goodbye to the G'babies when they move within the next couple of months.

It will be weird to be in this big house, just my son and I.

Hope you all are doing well and staying healthy!
Just sat in a zoom meeting this morning. I notice most people turn off their cameras. LOL, what is up with that, don't want to see them in their PJ's still?

LOL, I try to get dressed and act like I'm still working in the office. I of course dress more casually, but I try to keep a standard work schedule for the most part. Try to get in front of my computer at around 7 or 7:15 in the morning.

Good for you and the group. Hopefully it's a benefit for you. Not to dwell but you did have a pretty big set of losses so close together like that. I find myself thinking about that sometimes, just people in general that have had big losses. I don't know, I think about Kobe's wife having to deal with the loss of her daughter and her husband in such a big way like that. She's got to keep it together for her remaining kids.

Life can really throw people some awful challenges sometimes.

Little bit of retail therapy sounds nice. Get out and shop a bit, maybe have some lunch/dinner out somewhere.

Start to try and feel like a human again. Little by little.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just sat in a zoom meeting this morning. I notice most people turn off their cameras. LOL, what is up with that, don't want to see them in their PJ's still?

LOL, I try to get dressed and act like I'm still working in the office. I of course dress more casually, but I try to keep a standard work schedule for the most part. Try to get in front of my computer at around 7 or 7:15 in the morning.

Good for you and the group. Hopefully it's a benefit for you. Not to dwell but you did have a pretty big set of losses so close together like that. I find myself thinking about that sometimes, just people in general that have had big losses. I don't know, I think about Kobe's wife having to deal with the loss of her daughter and her husband in such a big way like that. She's got to keep it together for her remaining kids.

Life can really throw people some awful challenges sometimes.

Little bit of retail therapy sounds nice. Get out and shop a bit, maybe have some lunch/dinner out somewhere.

Start to try and feel like a human again. Little by little.
Thanks Chow!

I sometimes put on makeup and do my hair (to show my face) for work Team meetings, it all depends on what type of meeting it is. I did show my face for the grief meeting, we all did and it was nice to see them. We have all commented that we already feel a connection to each other, much needed.

It has been brutal losing Jeff and my step dad, truly. Plus, the drama with Jeff's daughter has added another level to everything. I worry about my mom, but we get together several times a week. Yesterday, it was a picnic at the park so the kids could run around. It was nice.

I grieve for Jeff a lot, but have been having nightmares about the final days of "Papa" in the hospital. The images of him on the Zoom calls are haunting me. I cry a lot in private.

"One day at a time, one hour at a time, one moment at a time" is what I often tell myself.

Old 03-22-2021, 04:34 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Thanks Chow!

I sometimes put on makeup and do my hair (to show my face) for work Team meetings, it all depends on what type of meeting it is. I did show my face for the grief meeting, we all did and it was nice to see them. We have all commented that we already feel a connection to each other, much needed.

It has been brutal losing Jeff and my step dad, truly. Plus, the drama with Jeff's daughter has added another level to everything. I worry about my mom, but we get together several times a week. Yesterday, it was a picnic at the park so the kids could run around. It was nice.

I grieve for Jeff a lot, but have been having nightmares about the final days of "Papa" in the hospital. The images of him on the Zoom calls are haunting me. I cry a lot in private.

"One day at a time, one hour at a time, one moment at a time" is what I often tell myself.
Yeah, I suppose it's all we can do, grief or not, is take things as they come. Much harder to do at times, but is important when trying to pick up the pieces.

I think about that scene in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks' character was talking to the radio show psychologist. He talked about getting up each day and putting on his pants and moving one leg forward at a time.

Glad to hear you had a good weekend.

We didn't do a whole lot of anything this past weekend, but that too can be great sometimes.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
No one would want to see my in my pajamas. NSFW... And hideous.

Across the my state yesterday and today. The interstate is about the most boring stretch of road there is. The sunset last night was epic. I may have stopped the car to take a picture of it. Prairie sunsets are amazing. I am a mountain man, however, it never gets old.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
I saw Judas and the Black Messiah over the weekend. After seeing that movie I came away with a whole new idea of cowardice and how important it is to check those in your circle. Judas was a perfect name in the title.

Otherwise, just trying to patiently count down to my next travel adventure which will be visiting friends in Cleveland in April. Maybe another quick trip back to DC before cicada season starts. Bug hater here and won’t get anywhere near them.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:41 PM

Holy hell, another mass shooting in Colorado. We are living in scary and sad times.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:35 PM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Holy hell, another mass shooting in Colorado. We are living in scary and sad times.
Yes. It's horrible. It could of happened at any of our locations. I just don't understand it.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:55 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
So sad...My heart goes out to the families of those who’s lives were taken.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:44 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
It really resonated with me working in HR for a grocer. My employees are powering through a pandemic and actively being abused by customers who can’t be bothered to wear a damn mask as a condition of being able to shop inside our stores or just leave and vote with their money and not their mouth. We are averaging a few store closures daily due to Covid-19 positive tests.

Now I’m scared for their safety as well for their sanity. Many of our stores are in cities which are following a national trend of homicide rates rising over 50% compared to 2019’s numbers. People are losing it and tragically, innocent public workers just trying to put food on the table are in the line of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships