Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2021, 01:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Of course. Between band and working with a bunch of filthy-minded pigs who converted me over to their way of thinking, it was the very first thought that hit my mind.
Glad I’m not the only one. Also, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 01:36 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Has anyone noticed that Jeff Bezos’ rocket, Blue Origin, looks like something maybe not quite pg-13?
On the off chance that I had NOT noticed, Facebook was chock full of memes about it today.

Also I saw this gem: "Jeff Bezos is getting into a rocket and being fired into space today. If any Amazon employees need to use the bathroom, now is the time."

Old 07-20-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Good for you! That pool looks big enough to be called a “lake” lol
Congrats and I hope that you enjoy your new home.
Thank you! A bunch of things seem to be falling into place lately. Which is great, because my stress levels have been higher than I like.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:41 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
On the off chance that I had NOT noticed, Facebook was chock full of memes about it today.

Also I saw this gem: "Jeff Bezos is getting into a rocket and being fired into space today. If any Amazon employees need to use the bathroom, now is the time."
That's classic, lol!

Congrats on finding a place for you and your husband to hang your hats when you make the big move.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:42 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Glad I’m not the only one. Also, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
That it is!

Old 07-20-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:

My favorite “hard to imagine a better divorce outcome than getting $50 billion in the divorce and then your ex literally leaves the planet.”

Old 07-20-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
That's classic, lol!

Congrats on finding a place for you and your husband to hang your hats when you make the big move.
Thank you!

I'm really happy about it. As far as I can see, there is only one down side to this apartment complex. Somebody's gotta pay for all that water, and it sure isn't the owner of the property. I'm bracing for some sticker shock on the utilities.

I completely understand places having swimming pools, they are super common down there, because sheesh...it's hot. But landscaping that isn't hardy desert plants, but thirstier varieties that need to be watered, ought to be against the law or something. It's just a bad idea trying to keep lots of lush greenery alive in the desert. I think that this place does a bit more of that than I like. Though all those pretty palm trees, those things grow native there all over the place, so they're not particularly bad I don't think.

I did my best from afar, so we'll just have to hope it's as nice as it looks. It's the one reason I don't dislike being a renter, you have that mobility....if you hate a place, just move out after the year is up.

I read a lot of reviews. A WHOLE lot, for every complex I considered. Many of them I ruled out that way. Multiple mentions of cockroaches? Nope. Multiple complaints of scorpions getting in because of old windows and doors and the place not being "tight" enough? BIG NOPE.

And of course there were a few places I called to ask some questions and they didn't answer the phone or return my call, and I'd also emailed using their contact form and they didn't reply to that either...well, if ya don't want my business, I'm not gonna twist your arm! We'll be paying more rent than I'd really wanted to, but I was told that I can keep working from home indefinitely, so I figure I'll be spending a lot of time at home, and my home needs to be a place I don't mind spending time in.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:47 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Has anyone noticed that Jeff Bezos’ rocket, Blue Origin, looks like something maybe not quite pg-13?
I personally think Jeff Bezos is a fat due to his labor practices so only practical he’d build something that reflected himself.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I personally think Jeff Bezos is a fat due to his labor practices so only practical he’d build something that reflected himself.
You’re not wrong. Or he is trying to compensate for what he is lacking.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:40 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Thank you!

I'm really happy about it. As far as I can see, there is only one down side to this apartment complex. Somebody's gotta pay for all that water, and it sure isn't the owner of the property. I'm bracing for some sticker shock on the utilities.

I completely understand places having swimming pools, they are super common down there, because sheesh...it's hot. But landscaping that isn't hardy desert plants, but thirstier varieties that need to be watered, ought to be against the law or something. It's just a bad idea trying to keep lots of lush greenery alive in the desert. I think that this place does a bit more of that than I like. Though all those pretty palm trees, those things grow native there all over the place, so they're not particularly bad I don't think.

I did my best from afar, so we'll just have to hope it's as nice as it looks. It's the one reason I don't dislike being a renter, you have that mobility....if you hate a place, just move out after the year is up.

I read a lot of reviews. A WHOLE lot, for every complex I considered. Many of them I ruled out that way. Multiple mentions of cockroaches? Nope. Multiple complaints of scorpions getting in because of old windows and doors and the place not being "tight" enough? BIG NOPE.

And of course there were a few places I called to ask some questions and they didn't answer the phone or return my call, and I'd also emailed using their contact form and they didn't reply to that either...well, if ya don't want my business, I'm not gonna twist your arm! We'll be paying more rent than I'd really wanted to, but I was told that I can keep working from home indefinitely, so I figure I'll be spending a lot of time at home, and my home needs to be a place I don't mind spending time in.
Utilities were a major adjustment for me moving to NC last year. My Virginia places were either utilities paid or capped share of the utilities. The water is capped cost by my apartment complex at least so it is < $10. The electric is the most frustrating. Duke Energy absolutely sucks as a company to deal with. My electric bill last month was the highest ever, the only thing was I was literally gone 13 days out of that month and turned everything off. Just ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships