Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 09:54 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
This time of year my favorite time of day is early morning. Dawn. I also link evenings. Once you plow through the heat of the day. Mountains would be the idea place to be. Up high with crisp air. That is the one thing I like about August. It is hot, but he air had a different feel about it. Like some of the sting is out.
Agreed, but I like those pre-dawn hours pretty much any time of the year--once I'm up and about, that is.
Getting out of bed can be a bit of a pain, but the internal clock kicks in whether I want it to or not most days. Give me twenty minutes or so then I'm off, telling myself "let's do today!" It's genetic, I swear, as my dad was the same way when it came to being "up and at 'em" early. Or perhaps it's a bit of nature, too, as rising early on a weekend or during summer break meant my father's total attention, full measure of patience and, if the stars aligned, a trip to the local doughnut shop to enjoy a doughnut and a glass of milk while my dad drank coffee with a few of his buddies.

I've always worked largely by myself, so not dealing with humanity other than my fellow pre-dawn risers before the rest of the crew drifts in around ten or so (with one job) and being totally by myself for the majority of my days for the other gig makes me happy. People I *do* like, but I also like the peace of being one of the few on the road in the a.m. heading into the city and having the time to charge up my introverted self to be "on" around others. Heck, I even like the smell of those pre-dawn hours be I in the city, in the country, or in my little inner ring 'burb, which has the best of both worlds.

About those late summer evenings, though...those trigger so many nice memories for me and make me want to hit the road and head home for a dip in the lake; to step once more onto a marching band field (football is something that is done between pre-game and halftime ) and breathe in pure grass to the internal cadence that's been with me since I was in utero.

All of that aside, I'm looking forward to taking a trip into nature next month to one of the darkest skies this side of the Mississippi. Stars, sunrises, and sunsets should all be glorious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 10:56 AM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Agreed, but I like those pre-dawn hours pretty much any time of the year--once I'm up and about, that is.
Getting out of bed can be a bit of a pain, but the internal clock kicks in whether I want it to or not most days. Give me twenty minutes or so then I'm off, telling myself "let's do today!" It's genetic, I swear, as my dad was the same way when it came to being "up and at 'em" early. Or perhaps it's a bit of nature, too, as rising early on a weekend or during summer break meant my father's total attention, full measure of patience and, if the stars aligned, a trip to the local doughnut shop to enjoy a doughnut and a glass of milk while my dad drank coffee with a few of his buddies.

I've always worked largely by myself, so not dealing with humanity other than my fellow pre-dawn risers before the rest of the crew drifts in around ten or so (with one job) and being totally by myself for the majority of my days for the other gig makes me happy. People I *do* like, but I also like the peace of being one of the few on the road in the a.m. heading into the city and having the time to charge up my introverted self to be "on" around others. Heck, I even like the smell of those pre-dawn hours be I in the city, in the country, or in my little inner ring 'burb, which has the best of both worlds.

About those late summer evenings, though...those trigger so many nice memories for me and make me want to hit the road and head home for a dip in the lake; to step once more onto a marching band field (football is something that is done between pre-game and halftime ) and breathe in pure grass to the internal cadence that's been with me since I was in utero.

All of that aside, I'm looking forward to taking a trip into nature next month to one of the darkest skies this side of the Mississippi. Stars, sunrises, and sunsets should all be glorious.
I love this post.

I feel like I'm there. You have a way with words.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:09 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Grilled lemons.
I will have to try that.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I am thinking of doing some tricking out of my Jeep. Leveling kit. Aggressive tires. Nothing too extreme. I gave it a bath yesterday. Today I spent about 75 miles on gravel roads. So, it is dirty again.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:05 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I will have to try that.
Excellent accompaniment squeezed on fish, chicken and beef. Also grilled meyer lemons are used in cocktails, which reminds me, maybe someone said it but...

Grilled peaches.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:44 PM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Roasting here in Denver. Can't wait for fall

Old 07-19-2021, 07:00 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Found a place. Got approved.

I'm looking forward to checkin' out this pool...that is open 24/7!

Pool Picture

Now I think I just need to renegotiate us into a bigger unit, I changed my mind about which one specifically I wanted, and the lady I talked to yesterday said to just let her know if I wanted to switch my app to a bigger one, and we're going to chat on Wednesday. I'm so happy I got this whole thing settled. I was having a hard time focusing on pretty much anything else.

Old 07-19-2021, 07:44 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Found a place. Got approved.

I'm looking forward to checkin' out this pool...that is open 24/7!

Pool Picture

Now I think I just need to renegotiate us into a bigger unit, I changed my mind about which one specifically I wanted, and the lady I talked to yesterday said to just let her know if I wanted to switch my app to a bigger one, and we're going to chat on Wednesday. I'm so happy I got this whole thing settled. I was having a hard time focusing on pretty much anything else.
Good for you! That pool looks big enough to be called a “lake” lol
Congrats and I hope that you enjoy your new home.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Has anyone noticed that Jeff Bezos’ rocket, Blue Origin, looks like something maybe not quite pg-13?

Old 07-20-2021, 01:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Has anyone noticed that Jeff Bezos’ rocket, Blue Origin, looks like something maybe not quite pg-13?
Of course. Between band and working with a bunch of filthy-minded pigs who converted me over to their way of thinking, it was the very first thought that hit my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships