Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 08:08 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The best accidental gunshot scene was in Boondock Saints. Where Rocco hits the cat. It was so ridiculous. The next line was epic.

"Is he dead?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Agreed, the gore and language engages me though, it seems like it takes more and more to keep me interested for that long! Scary movies aren't scary anymore either, I used to like those. I'm working my way through the documentaries on Netflix based on real life serial killers and the insane: Carl Panzram, The Galapagos Affair, Eileen (wuornos), and yes laugh inappropriately!

Is this something for a therapist to hear?
I like some of his movies, but I just feel like he's trying too hard or something. When movies have so much of a shock element, I just feel manipulated. But, speaking of the accidental gunshot in the car in Pulp Fiction, I thought that was hilarious.

About a Hateful Eight scene:

Spoiler
After what happened to the charming Ms. Domergue at the end of Hateful Eight, I half expected those guys to light up a cigarette. Got a little weird there. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 08:18 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Did you see that Steven Avery 10 episode deal. Man, it was compelling, that man needs to be set free, I fully believe he didn't do the crime. He's not the brightest bulb going, actually he's one notch above being a legal moron, but I certainly don't think he did what he's in jail for.

We're on a thriller/horror film jag lately. Watched just about everything Netflix has on their streaming that was above a 2 star rating. I don't get into slasher flicks, I find them silly, but to each their own.
I thought he was innocent at first too, felt the outrage at the system everyone else did...but isn't it all up to the storyteller to decide how you should feel? The documentary was slanted with such unlikable characters who had stupid things to say...seems like all the hoopla and expert attorneys he now has would make him a free man, right? Instead it seems there will now be a continuation of the Steven Avery saga, with people around the world wanting to know what he's doing...

I'm not always suspicious, but instead of just going along with what the writers or editors are wanting to tell, some of Avery's answers and physical demeanor were deceptive to me. IE: 'The cops came by and asked if I had any ideas on what happened to her, I told them no." Well that's what he told them, did he not have any ideas... hard to explain, his answers seemed rehearsed, and not really answering the actual questions, which made me feel he was being deceitful.

Who knows.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:24 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

I like some of his movies, but I just feel like he's trying too hard or something. When movies have so much of a shock element, I just feel manipulated. But, speaking of the accidental gunshot in the car in Pulp Fiction, I thought that was hilarious.

About a Hateful Eight scene:

Spoiler
After what happened to the charming Ms. Domergue at the end of Hateful Eight, I half expected those guys to light up a cigarette. Got a little weird there. lol
Too true! Glad you laughed, I think I'm too jaded sometimes, not flinching at heads being blown off...

(unless it was a kitten of course! Then there'd be some swearing)

Old 08-27-2016, 08:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I thought he was innocent at first too, felt the outrage at the system everyone else did...but isn't it all up to the storyteller to decide how you should feel? The documentary was slanted with such unlikable characters who had stupid things to say...seems like all the hoopla and expert attorneys he now has would make him a free man, right? Instead it seems there will now be a continuation of the Steven Avery saga, with people around the world wanting to know what he's doing...

I'm not always suspicious, but instead of just going along with what the writers or editors are wanting to tell, some of Avery's answers and physical demeanor were deceptive to me. IE: 'The cops came by and asked if I had any ideas on what happened to her, I told them no." Well that's what he told them, did he not have any ideas... hard to explain, his answers seemed rehearsed, and not really answering the actual questions, which made me feel he was being deceitful.

Who knows.

My gut the whole time was questioning the filmmakers and there was indeed an obvious slant. He also did say a few things that seemed a bit odd to me too. IDK, I just don't think he did it. That nephew of his, he's getting released soon. Good for him, I don't think he was involved at all.

The thing that sort of trips me out is assuming that if he indeed didn't do it, who would have killed that woman. To burn a body is pretty grisly stuff. That prosecuting DA was a smug little douchbag. LOL, go research him, he got his in the end.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-27-2016 at 08:42 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 08:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Screw it. Watching netflix. Some French film about steak.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
My gut the whole time was questioning the filmmakers and there was indeed an obvious slant. He also did say a few things that seemed a bit odd to me too. IDK, I just don't think he did it. That dumbass nephew of his, he's getting released soon. Good for him, I don't think he was involved at all.

The thing that sort of trips me out is assuming that if he indeed didn't do it, who would have killed that woman. To burn a body is pretty grisly stuff. That prosecuting DA was a smug little douchbag. LOL, go research him, he got his in the end.
Yes you would have to believe that the cops found her body and decided to let a killer go free...in order to frame Avery or...killed her to frame Avery?? Sorry not buying it...yes the DA was a POS but does that make Avery innocent?

Old 08-27-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes you would have to believe that the cops found her body and decided to let a killer go free...in order to frame Avery or...killed her to frame Avery?? Sorry not buying it...yes the DA was a POS but does that make Avery innocent?
That's exactly how they were able to convict him was that line of reasoning. IDK... odd stuff for sure.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
That's exactly how they were able to convict him was that line of reasoning. IDK... odd stuff for sure.
It's so hard to keep a secret...in a normal situation...how would they keep this secret with so much scrutiny???

Old 08-27-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It's so hard to keep a secret...in a normal situation...how would they keep this secret with so much scrutiny???
There's about four or five things that jump out at me that just make me think he's innocent, but I don't wanna spoil it for people that haven't seen it yet.

I will say that we were absolutely glued to the screen watching it, regardless of his innocence or not it was one of the most compelling stories I've ever seen.

The fear of 13 was another gripping and compelling as hell documentary along similar lines. A young guy in trouble with the law constantly and he gets convicted on a murder/rape charge. It was another great as hell documentary. It's a streamer on Netflix and I highly recommend it to people.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
There's about four or five things that jump out at me that just make me think he's innocent, but I don't wanna spoil it for people that haven't seen it yet.

I will say that were absolutely glued to the screen watching it, regardless of his innocence or not it was one of the most compelling stories I've ever seen.

The fear of 13 was another gripping and compelling as hell documentary along similar lines. A young guy in trouble with the law constantly and he gets convicted on a murder/rape charge. It was another great as hell documentary. It's a streamer on Netflix and I highly recommend it to people.
Yes, I was on the edge of my seat during both of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships