Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2023, 09:18 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Sorry about your doggy, mlj. Tough times.

Happy birthday, though. One needs to wash down dessert with a drink . . . and Pina Coladas are a good choice.
I would consider Pina Coladas as dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 09:27 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Hey all, checking in!

I had to say goodbye to my long-time furry friend a couple of weeks ago. That is so hard! She was the best doggie, and lived a long, spoiled life.

This has been the busiest couple of weeks, it seems, but I was able to get away for a day for my bday with my mom. That was fun.

I'm tired. That is all.
It is always so heart breaking when our 4-legged pal's pass on too soon. I'm very sorry for your loss.
She is now at The Rainbow Bridge, running & playing with friends, exploring, eating good stuff. (((hugs)))

It sounds like you had a very Special BirthDay. May you have many more...Happy BirthDays...

Old 06-11-2023, 09:30 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Hey all, checking in!

I had to say goodbye to my long-time furry friend a couple of weeks ago. That is so hard! She was the best doggie, and lived a long, spoiled life.

This has been the busiest couple of weeks, it seems, but I was able to get away for a day for my bday with my mom. That was fun.

I'm tired. That is all.
This pic got me choked up.
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-image.png  

Old 06-11-2023, 11:37 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Sorry about your doggy, mlj. Tough times.

Happy birthday, though. One needs to wash down dessert with a drink . . . and Pina Coladas are a good choice.
Thank you. And the drinks were delicious!

Old 06-11-2023, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It is always so heart breaking when our 4-legged pal's pass on too soon. I'm very sorry for your loss.
She is now at The Rainbow Bridge, running & playing with friends, exploring, eating good stuff. (((hugs)))

It sounds like you had a very Special BirthDay. May you have many more...Happy BirthDays...
I am sure that she was met by my Papa, he loved her. I was lucky enough to be able to say goodbye to her... I knew it was time.

And thank you so much!

Old 06-11-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Oh my, yes.

Our Pittie is getting up there in years as well. I wish dogs lived as long as people do.

Old 06-12-2023, 10:02 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Quote:
Oh my, yes.

Our Pittie is getting up there in years as well. I wish dogs lived as long as people do.
I'm not even remotely religious and that got me. If by some chance there's a heaven and if by an even more unlikely chance I get in, and there are no dogs there, I'm not goin. I mean really.

Sorry for your loss, mlj. Like so many things, our time with our dogs is too brief. And worth every second.

Old 06-12-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Hey all, checking in!

I'm tired. That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I'm not even remotely religious and that got me. If by some chance there's a heaven and if by an even more unlikely chance I get in, and there are no dogs there, I'm not goin. I mean really.

Sorry for your loss, mlj. Like so many things, our time with our dogs is too brief. And worth every second.
Yeah, I think you are right, if I get up there and there's no dogs there that would be most disappointing.

It is sad that we outlive our pets by such a margin. We had to put our rabbit down a couple of years ago and that was tough. She had cancerous tumors all over GI tract. Poor bunny. I hope she didn't suffer too long before we found out.

I struggle with the organized religion thing. I've got a couple of buddies I grew up with that seem to be more religious than I recall them when we were much younger. I find myself envious of the believers. They seem to have more of a sense of peace and for that I'm happy for them.

Old 06-12-2023, 06:43 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Yeah, I think you are right, if I get up there and there's no dogs there that would be most disappointing.

It is sad that we outlive our pets by such a margin. We had to put our rabbit down a couple of years ago and that was tough. She had cancerous tumors all over GI tract. Poor bunny. I hope she didn't suffer too long before we found out.

I struggle with the organized religion thing. I've got a couple of buddies I grew up with that seem to be more religious than I recall them when we were much younger. I find myself envious of the believers. They seem to have more of a sense of peace and for that I'm happy for them.
I was raised Catholic and really believed until about age 12. I miss the security that came from the belief and the community of believers around me.

Old 06-12-2023, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I was raised Catholic and really believed until about age 12. I miss the security that came from the belief and the community of believers around me.
My mom went to catholic school groiwing up with nun teachers. She had a real disdain for them. My dad's side was your stereotypical Irish Catholics in Brooklyn back before Brooklyn became cool.

Both sets moved away from the church and as a result religion was never really a thing in my life growing up. I score a solid INTJ which is more logic based than emotional. Ive always been logic based and have worked in technical engineering type of roles for work. I say it only for the reasons why i struggle with God or religion, it's hard for me to just accept things without empirical and repeatable evidence. You have to have faith say the believers.

You see the beauty in nature, the relentless love a mother has for children, the perfection of a spider web, the interconnectedness of so many things in nature and sometimes it makes ya wonder..... maybe there is some higher power such as God.

Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships