Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 12:25 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
One of the issues I see with the relationship forum is the diversity of ages posting. You have folks from their early 20’s to 50’s, 60’s etc, posting and throwing around advice. There are going to be a lot of different attitudes ( and tolerance) in regards to dating and relationships... I joined here when I was 25, and certainly didn’t have the same experiences as someone who has been roaming the planet for 20, 30, or 40 longer than I have. Attitudes on dating, relationship and sex have changed a lot from say when they were dating, mating, or what have you. I try and keep in mind that something that may seem like BS or trivia to me, might be a real issue for the poster. The really outrageous stuff... Just goes with the territory, and is pretty easy to ignore.
One thing that really blows my mind are the posters who just love to dole out relationship advice one day and the next they’re posting issues about their “own” train wreck relationships. Really? You can’t even figure out your own ****, but I should listen to you about mine? ( you used in the general sense)
First, I think a lot of the thread topics are seeking feedback more than advice , "Why do women....", or "Why do you think this man does ...", to give feedback there is no expectation of expertise.

Second, the threads are also on going conversations with many people who post semi-regularly. Some of the people here also don't have great social skills, so this is one of the places where they practice their social skills. I am ok with that. Its an anonymous internet forum, my expectations aren't that high here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 01:00 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
First, I think a lot of the thread topics are seeking feedback more than advice , "Why do women....", or "Why do you think this man does ...", to give feedback there is no expectation of expertise.

Second, the threads are also on going conversations with many people who post semi-regularly. Some of the people here also don't have great social skills, so this is one of the places where they practice their social skills. I am ok with that. Its an anonymous internet forum, my expectations aren't that high here.
Good point! It's an anonymous Internet forum. Manage expectations accordingly.

I'm sure there are other more appropriate avenues for those seeking a more professional opinion on things.

This forum is free, and, basically a form of entertainment or time eating device for many.

Old 01-31-2021, 02:29 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Of the legit threads of people looking for advice or opinions or whatever are mostly in the realm of normal. I mean that they are average functioning people who are just needing some clarity and the forum can actually serve a purpose. Maybe they don't want their friends to know or bother them with it.

Sometimes you come across people that have some real serious deep seated psychological problems. I mean that not as an insult but just realizing that they need way way more than simple advice or opinions.

One time a long time ago a long time poster who I still see post once in a while and I really don't think is a troll. I say that because he doesn't really follow some of the patterns of a troll, but who really know. Anyway, this guy was posting his thoughts about mothers day and what he thought.

The stuff this guy said about mothers and women in general was really troubling. I mean Buffalo Bill serial killer type of mentality. Didn't say specific incidents, but he was dripping with an inner rage that frankly sort of scared me. I mean I'm fearful for the women that enter this kid's orbit.

He needs some real help from some professional. In that thread I said that to him and if I recall right two or three other posters did too. I wanna say the thread got shutdown and deleted.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:39 AM

497 posts, read 696,986 times
What's the deal with so many people (recent posts) in this thread who are now listed as "not a member?"

Old 02-01-2021, 11:41 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Someone please remind me to stay TFO of pol and contro. I won't listen, but remind me anyway.
I 100% agree. I can't argue with stupid anymore

Old 02-01-2021, 11:42 AM

415 posts, read 546,369 times
I am working a lot from home, so I am thinking about getting a puppy. A lady at work knows someone who breeds Huskies and said she could get me a deal on one, but I am a little worried about how well they handle hot summers in Sacramento and how much barking I am dealing with. Anyone know more about them, then I do?

Old 02-01-2021, 01:02 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Monday... sigh. I am back to work this week and trying to stay focused.

Hope you are all doing really well.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:07 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
What's the deal with so many people (recent posts) in this thread who are now listed as "not a member?"
I noticed that, too. One of my favorite posters is no "not a member." I'm going to miss her as she was often kind, but wasn't one to pull many punches. I wonder if some of those who are no longer on here were removed or chose to remove themselves?

Old 02-01-2021, 01:21 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post

Good, maybe work might be a useful distraction. Hope you're having some better days than worse ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I noticed that, too. One of my favorite posters is no "not a member." I'm going to miss her as she was often kind, but wasn't one to pull many punches. I wonder if some of those who are no longer on here were removed or chose to remove themselves?
I always assumed that they were members that were shutdown. I heard somewhere that CD doesn't remove the banned members from their ranks in an effort to be able to advertise that they have so many members, I assume for ad revenue generation. I don't know. I really don't care either way.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:28 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post

Good to hear from you mlj.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships